What Sort of ******** Does This?



G

Gettamulla Tupya

Guest
Child injured in piano wire trap

An eight-year-old girl has ridden her bicycle into a piano wire strung between two trees in a park southeast of Melbourne.

The girl was hit in the neck by the wire and suffered neck and facial injuries.

Police believe whoever tied the wire was targeting local youths they were angry at for riding motorbikes in the park in the West
Park Estate in Hastings.

Constable Kate Lawson says no arrests have been made and police are appealing for people with information to contact them.

http://www.livenews.com.au/Articles..._injured_by_piano_wire_trap_in_Melbourne_park
 

cyclist2

New Member
May 9, 2004
233
0
0
Gettamulla Tupya said:
Child injured in piano wire trap

An eight-year-old girl has ridden her bicycle into a piano wire strung between two trees in a park southeast of Melbourne.

The girl was hit in the neck by the wire and suffered neck and facial injuries.

Police believe whoever tied the wire was targeting local youths they were angry at for riding motorbikes in the park in the West
Park Estate in Hastings.

Constable Kate Lawson says no arrests have been made and police are appealing for people with information to contact them.

http://www.livenews.com.au/Articles..._injured_by_piano_wire_trap_in_Melbourne_park
a similar situation happened in Peth last year on a bike path.
 

cfsmtb

New Member
Apr 11, 2003
4,963
0
0
Gettamulla Tupya said:
Police believe whoever tied the wire was targeting local youths they were angry at for riding motorbikes in the park in the West
Park Estate in Hastings.
Some fkwt/s thought it appropriate to take vigilante action against other unrelated park users. Thus showing yet again the stupidity of taking the law into their own hands.
 
B

barry taylor

Guest
"Gettamulla Tupya" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
| Child injured in piano wire trap
|
| An eight-year-old girl has ridden her bicycle into a piano wire strung
between two trees in a park southeast of Melbourne.

lousy reporting - the wire shown on TV news tonight was thick fencing wire
the marks on the girl's neck were nothing like the decapitation that could
have been caused by genuine piano wire

|
| The girl was hit in the neck by the wire and suffered neck and facial
injuries.
|
| Police believe whoever tied the wire was targeting local youths they
were angry at for riding motorbikes in the park in the West
| Park Estate in Hastings.

it was indeed a dumb move to install that wire where it was - not on two
trees but between two posts at an opening into a park area


---

~~~ ~ [email protected]
~~ ~ _- \,
~~ (*)/ (*) . . . bjbear on his treadly







--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
T

TimC

Guest
On 2008-02-11, barry taylor (aka Bruce)
was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:
> "Gettamulla Tupya" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> | The girl was hit in the neck by the wire and suffered neck and facial
> injuries.
> |
> | Police believe whoever tied the wire was targeting local youths they
> were angry at for riding motorbikes in the park in the West
> | Park Estate in Hastings.
>
> it was indeed a dumb move to install that wire where it was - not on two
> trees but between two posts at an opening into a park area


The dickheads probably thought "oh, anyone would see that!". I
started my crash bandicoot career when I rode eyes-first into some
monkey bars in a playground. Didn't see the 2 inch thick metal bar at
eye height.

--
TimC
Er, RFC 882 put the dot in .com. -- unknown
 
T

Theo Bekkers

Guest
The kind that is sick to death of young idiots on trailbikes causing a
nuisance, ripping up the park, and can't get any action from the shire
rangers.

It wasn't piano wire, and nobody was decapitated. Yes, it was a very stupid
thing to do, but I can understand the frustration behind the action.

Theo
 

treadly&me

New Member
Apr 22, 2006
76
0
0
Theo Bekkers said:
The kind that is sick to death of young idiots on trailbikes causing a
nuisance, ripping up the park, and can't get any action from the shire
rangers.

It wasn't piano wire, and nobody was decapitated. Yes, it was a very stupid
thing to do, but I can understand the frustration behind the action.

Theo

I think we can share the sense of frustration while still being thoroughly disgusted by the action itself. A wire trap is clearly intended to injure in a serious way. The callous and indiscriminate nature of such an act suggests that it was carried out by a particularly dim-witted kind of ********.
 
T

Theo Bekkers

Guest
me wrote:
> Theo Bekkers Wrote:


>> The kind that is sick to death of young idiots on trailbikes causing
>> a nuisance, ripping up the park, and can't get any action from the
>> shire rangers.
>>
>> It wasn't piano wire, and nobody was decapitated. Yes, it was a very
>> stupid
>> thing to do, but I can understand the frustration behind the action.


> I think we can share the sense of frustration while still being
> thoroughly disgusted by the action itself. A wire trap is clearly
> intended to injure in a serious way. The callous and indiscriminate
> nature of such an act suggests that it was carried out by a
> particularly dim-witted kind of ********.


I totally agree. I was answering the question above, not justifying it.

Theo
 
T

TimC

Guest
On 2008-02-12, treadly&amp me (aka Bruce)
was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:
>
> Theo Bekkers Wrote:
>> The kind that is sick to death of young idiots on trailbikes causing a
>> nuisance, ripping up the park, and can't get any action from the shire
>> rangers.
>>
>> It wasn't piano wire, and nobody was decapitated. Yes, it was a very
>> stupid
>> thing to do, but I can understand the frustration behind the action.


I don't. I've been plenty frustrated before, but I guess I just don't
have the stupid genes (I also don't walk down the middle of roads when
blind drunk, even when I was a teenager, so I guess I am really am not
normal).

> I think we can share the sense of frustration while still being
> thoroughly disgusted by the action itself. A wire trap is clearly
> intended to injure in a serious way. The callous and indiscriminate
> nature of such an act suggests that it was carried out by a particularly

vv
> dim-witted kind of ********.

^^
cowardly

I don't fathom how anyone can be so stupid, actually. In all the
times I have ever been frustrated, I have never thought it a good idea
to indiscriminately lay down a wire to catch the next random object or
person going through. The dickheads presumably left the scene too
before the event happened, because I also don't fathom how you could
not treat the person and identify yourself because of the sheer guilt
had you actually seen the event happen in front of your eyes.

--
TimC
If you tried to understand this, you'd be very confused, in the standard
way we talk about confusion. -- Some astronomer at a talk.
 
T

Terryc

Guest
TimC wrote:

> I don't fathom how anyone can be so stupid, actually. In all the
> times I have ever been frustrated, I have never thought it a good idea
> to indiscriminately lay down a wire to catch the next random object or
> person going through.


Tim

these organism lack a /dev/rnd or whatever it is called these days.


Other 2c.
They are distributed throughout Australia and all the instances that I
remember were not targetted at bicycle riders, but illegally ridden
motor bikes. Small comfort.

I note that locally, the desired effect was not achieved until someone
put an installation in the neighbourhood of the local town/city
clerk/manager. It is really hard to be an arrogant ******** and do
nothing when your SO passes on the earful she copped when picking up
the kids from school.

Now we get regular updates in the local newspapers about the results
achieved by the police trail bike squad. Still mystified why they even
mention the council rangers in the reports as all they ever did was
drive the 4WD through the reserve M-F/9-5.
 
D

Donga

Guest
On Feb 12, 7:54 am, "Theo Bekkers" <[email protected]> wrote:
> The kind that is sick to death of young idiots on trailbikes causing a
> nuisance, ripping up the park, and can't get any action from the shire
> rangers.
>
> It wasn't piano wire, and nobody was decapitated. Yes, it was a very stupid
> thing to do, but I can understand the frustration behind the action.
>
> Theo


A while back, some sweetheart in Bne was stringing something across a
bikeway with a nail attached, so that when the line broke, the nail
whipped around. Noice.
 
J

John Tserkezis

Guest
Terryc wrote:

> They are distributed throughout Australia and all the instances that I
> remember were not targetted at bicycle riders, but illegally ridden
> motor bikes. Small comfort.


Small comfort indeed. Especially because so far, no-one knows for sure if
it was originally targetted at the monkey bikers at all. It's only speculation.

I really can't see ANYONE being so stupid that they just "assume" that
bicycle riders have such acute vision they THEY see the wire, but the intended
targets have such poor vision they won't.

Thankfully, the law probably won't either. May the entire book library be
thrown at them, if and when they find them.

I pity the perpetrator's lawyers: Ah, yes but your honour, we should
remember that it is a miracle that my client functions at all due to the fact
they only have four operational brain cells. Surely there can be some
accounting for this in the sentencing?
--
Linux Registered User # 302622
<http://counter.li.org>
 
G

G-S

Guest
ProfTournesol wrote:
> you mean that there is more than one type of ********?
>


Oh without question!

There are also (as only one example) the type of ******** who throws
rocks off pedestrian bridges at traffic going underneath (and causes
injury or death as a result).

We could catagorize these as type 1 and type 2 if that helps...


G-S
 
T

Theo Bekkers

Guest
G-S wrote:
> ProfTournesol wrote:
>> you mean that there is more than one type of ********?


> Oh without question!
>
> There are also (as only one example) the type of ******** who throws
> rocks off pedestrian bridges at traffic going underneath (and causes
> injury or death as a result).


Yes, my son was driving my car and lost a windscreen this way. Damn lucky.

Theo
 

treadly&me

New Member
Apr 22, 2006
76
0
0
G-S said:
ProfTournesol wrote:
> you mean that there is more than one type of ********?
>


Oh without question!

There are also (as only one example) the type of ******** who throws
rocks off pedestrian bridges at traffic going underneath (and causes
injury or death as a result).

We could catagorize these as type 1 and type 2 if that helps...


G-S

But it's worth pointing out that membership of either type is not mutually exclusive: it is not hard to imagine that the kind of ******** that strings up wire traps is highly likely to also get a perverse kick out of dropping rocks on cars. A significant overlap in the population of both groups should be expected--however a high IQ in any members of either group is not anticipated...
 

EuanB

New Member
Jan 11, 2005
877
0
0
TimC said:
On 2008-02-12, treadly&amp me (aka Bruce)
was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:
>
> Theo Bekkers Wrote:
>> The kind that is sick to death of young idiots on trailbikes causing a
>> nuisance, ripping up the park, and can't get any action from the shire
>> rangers.
>>
>> It wasn't piano wire, and nobody was decapitated. Yes, it was a very
>> stupid
>> thing to do, but I can understand the frustration behind the action.


I don't. I've been plenty frustrated before, but I guess I just don't
have the stupid genes (I also don't walk down the middle of roads when
blind drunk, even when I was a teenager, so I guess I am really am not
normal).
Oh come off it Tim, not having those impulses yourself is not the same as not understanding how others can have those impulses. If you can't understand how some people can have those impulses then you're at a serious disadvantage.
 
Z

Zebee Johnstone

Guest
In aus.bicycle on Wed, 13 Feb 2008 22:33:56 +1100
EuanB <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> Oh come off it Tim, not having those impulses yourself is not the same
> as not understanding how others can have those impulses. If you can't
> understand how some people can have those impulses then you're at a
> serious disadvantage.


and if you dismiss them as subhuman then you have no way to solve the
problem.

Zebee
 

ritcho

New Member
May 24, 2004
934
0
0
Zebee Johnstone said:
In aus.bicycle on Wed, 13 Feb 2008 22:33:56 +1100
EuanB <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> Oh come off it Tim, not having those impulses yourself is not the same
> as not understanding how others can have those impulses. If you can't
> understand how some people can have those impulses then you're at a
> serious disadvantage.


and if you dismiss them as subhuman then you have no way to solve the
problem.

Zebee

I don't agree with the notion that Tim dismissed these idiots as subhuman, I think he rightly dismissed them as idiots. Anyone can understand frustration with the local council, I think most people can understand wishing they could "Do Something About It" and "Teach Them A Lesson They Won't Forget". I understand that there might be some idiots out there who will act without thinking about the consequences... not because I empathize with them, but because sadly I believe these idiots are out there.

The perpetrators of the girl's injuries showed a callous disregard for others' safety, far in excess of the injustice they could possibly have felt due to council inaction. This kind of reckless behaviour should be stomped on from a great height as punishment for those involved and as a deterrent for other frustrated gutless individuals.

There are now two problems to solve - get the council to take action to keep motorbikes out of the park and to find the gutless wonders who'd exchange noise pollution for someone's life and punish them.

Ritch