what sortof tyre would YOU use for these conditions

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by moparchris, Mar 25, 2005.

1. moparchris

moparchris New Member

ok for riding in quite hard but sandy (sotof more clay with a sandy/dusty layer on top - just enough to make it a bit slippy) it could be quite dry or just damp but yeah just quite hardpacked sand/clay some areas are more like soft sand that your tyres will sink into a little. this is for more crosscountry/general trailriding. - what sortof tyre would YOU use ?

Tags:

2. triguy98

triguy98 New Member

I LOVE my WTB Weirwolves. Used the no name tire that was on the bike when i got it, they were ok. Kenda Kharismas after that. Good for the hards, sucky when loose. The WTBs havent let me down yet. They gum up a little, but still give excellent traction.

3. Mellic

Mellic New Member

The track conditions where I live are highly variable and as a result I have ridden on a number of tyres to find the best match to the terrain. The tyre that I would recommend to your description is the Hutchinson Python. Pythons are a great all round tyre. They are light and long lasting. The only time they don't work well is in the mud.

My second choice would be the Larsen TT's. These tyres are a little bit faster than the pythons on compact ground, however, as soon as you hit a boggy section the tread on the larsen's do bite in more and slow you down.