What The Best Types Of Carbohydrates

Whole Vs Refined Carbohydrates: vegetables, quinoa, barley, legumes, potatoes, whole grains on the other hand refined crabs include: sugar sweetened beverages, white bread, pastries, white flour the best carbohydrates for body and health.

From a cyclist's point of view, you need a quick burst of energy as well as long-acting carbohydrates, to keep you ticking for the entire length of your riding session. I think Bananas are an excellent source of energy and are the ideal carbs for a cyclist or any athlete. Wheat malt, oats, and ragi porridge are also good.

wild rice
quinoa is another good source

wild rice
quinoa is another good source

WTF, that is way too expensive for me. Even 10x more expensive than brown rice!

My staple food is dirt cheap white rice. Doesn't give me any problems at all. In fact, I'm underweight.

I'm fully aware of the Glycemic Index (GI). I know that white rice has high GI. Sounds bad? NOT if you mix rice with low GI foods like protein-rich meat or veggies and having rice in smaller portions. What really makes white rice so bad is you mix it with other high GI foods like soda pop, sugar, corn syrup, sweet sauces, and generally sweet foods/desserts.

If you have good diet, any staple rice/carbs will work as long as it's not sweetened.

If you want to improve training or racing performance, consider embracing a high-fat diet. By shifting your primary fuel source from carbohydrates to fats, you can potentially unlock untapped energy reserves that could take your athletic endeavors to new heights.

Incorporating healthy fats, such as butter and various oils, may initially pose some logistical challenges during races and training sessions. However, with proper planning and creative solutions, you can seamlessly integrate these energy-dense sources into your routine.

Once you've successfully adapted to a high-fat diet, you may experience increased endurance, improved energy levels, and enhanced fat-burning efficiency. By harnessing the power of fats, you'll pave the way for a transformative journey in both training and competition. Embrace the high-fat diet and unlock your true performance potential.

What could go wrong?

If you want to improve training or racing performance, consider embracing a high-fat diet. By shifting your primary fuel source from carbohydrates to fats, you can potentially unlock untapped energy reserves that could take your athletic endeavors to new heights.

Incorporating healthy fats, such as butter and various oils, may initially pose some logistical challenges during races and training sessions. However, with proper planning and creative solutions, you can seamlessly integrate these energy-dense sources into your routine.

Once you've successfully adapted to a high-fat diet, you may experience increased endurance, improved energy levels, and enhanced fat-burning efficiency. By harnessing the power of fats, you'll pave the way for a transformative journey in both training and competition. Embrace the high-fat diet and unlock your true performance potential.

What could go wrong?

Being fat-adapted could improve your endurance on long rides/events/races.

But races requiring explosive performance like criteriums, track sprinting, would benefit more from energy sources the body can breakdown quickly and easily like carbs, especially high Glycemic Index carbs.

Also a high-fat / Ketogenic diets are quite meticulous in nature and you might not get all the required nutrients and other things like fiber, essential amino acids, etc your body needs from such diets. Additionally, a healthy ketogenic diet is expensive. In addition to the expensive diet, it may be prudent to have periodic blood tests to see if you're not missing out on anything nor having abnormal changes in the blood chemistry. Definitely not feasible for everyone.

TdF racers who are on Ketogenic diets have the benefit of having their vitals monitored and having dietitians on their teams to know when to eat certain supplements or foods not necessarily part of a ketogenic diet so they don't miss out on nutrients and anything else the body needs to keep healthy.

I wanted to share my thoughts on the best types of carbohydrates that I've discovered in my journey towards a healthier lifestyle. Carbohydrates are an essential part of our diet, providing us with the energy we need to fuel our bodies throughout the day. But not all carbs are created equal, and choosing the right ones can make a significant difference in our overall well-being.

First and foremost, I can't get enough of whole grains. Options like quinoa, brown rice, and whole wheat bread are not only delicious but also packed with fiber, vitamins, and minerals. These complex carbs release energy slowly, keeping me full and satisfied for longer periods.

Next on my list are fruits and vegetables. They are nature's powerhouse of nutrients, offering a wide range of healthy carbohydrates. Fruits like berries, apples, and oranges provide a burst of natural sugars, along with dietary fiber and antioxidants. Meanwhile, vegetables such as broccoli, spinach, and sweet potatoes are rich in complex carbohydrates, supporting optimal digestion and providing sustained energy.

Legumes are another fantastic source of carbohydrates that I highly recommend. From chickpeas and lentils to black beans and kidney beans, legumes offer a remarkable combination of fiber, protein, and carbohydrates. They are not only filling but also promote good gut health, which is vital for overall well-being.

Lastly, let's not forget about dairy products. Low-fat milk, yogurt, and cottage cheese are excellent choices, offering a balance of carbohydrates, proteins, and essential nutrients like calcium and vitamin D. These dairy options provide a quick and convenient source of energy, perfect for those busy days.

Remember, the key is to embrace a well-rounded approach to carbohydrates. By incorporating a variety of these wholesome options into your diet, you'll experience sustained energy levels, improved digestion, and overall vitality.

So, what are your favorite types of carbohydrates? I'd love to hear your thoughts and learn from your experiences. Together, we can explore the world of carbs and discover the best choices for a healthy and energizing diet!

The worst source of carbs is spam.

Army-mortar-fail-run.gif