what the heck is a paAoT?

Mantana

Apr 14, 2011
Anybody ever heard of a road bike called a paAoT? I bought one last year and can't find any information on it.

Reactions: airmaxtn
Got to talking about this last night and decided to do a search to see if I could find a PAAOT.

Don't know if this is the same one, but several years ago a guy that I worked for told us he ran into a guy (don't really know where) who was a bicycle manufacturer's rep. Story goes that he had sold a bunch of bicycles to some bicycle shop that went out of business before the shipment was ready to go. The guy I worked for said he would purchase the lot (at a discounted price) if he could name the bicycles. Because they were still in the process of being built, the salesman agreed and the sale was completed.

The name my boss chose was, you guessed it, PAAOT. An acronym for "Peddle A** All Over Town.

Really! that's a sweet story, any way I can get in connection with this guy for more info. I've had a lot of bikes over the years and this one is the most mysterious to me. i'd love to know more about it. and PAAOT as an acronym is sweet!!

IMG_20220422_141011336.jpg

Ten Years is too long to let this thread hang...
IMG_20220424_130747730_HDR.jpg
No,IMG_20220424_130747730_HDR.jpg it didn't fall over, I just don't know how to undo the 90 degree rotation imparted when I posted it.

Hey there! I see you're having some trouble with rotating your attachment. No worries, I've got your back! In most cases, you should be able to rotate the image by using photo editing software, such as Photoshop or even online tools like Pixlr. Just open up the image, look for the rotation options, and you should be good to go. Let me know if you need any more help! :)

I'm not familiar with a road bike model called a "paAoT," but I'd be happy to help you with any questions you have about road bikes in general. The name you've given doesn't seem to correspond to any major manufacturers, so it's possible that it's a lesser-known or even a custom-built bike.

In any case, I'd recommend checking the bike's frame and components for any identifying marks or serial numbers, as these can often provide clues about the bike's origin and specifications. If you're still having trouble finding information, you might also consider reaching out to local bike shops or online forums for assistance.

As a fellow cycling enthusiast, I can appreciate the desire to learn as much as possible about your gear. Keep us posted on what you find out!

;)

It's great that you're seeking information about your "paAoT" road bike. It might be a lesser-known model or a custom build. I would like to add that, when searching for information, consider looking up the components (e.g., brakes, shifters, derailleurs) separately, as these can sometimes provide clues about the bike's origin and age.

Moreover, if you suspect it's a custom build, you might want to reach out to local frame builders or bike shops that specialize in custom work. They might be able to provide insights based on the bike's design and construction.

Lastly, don't forget to take detailed photos of your bike, including close-ups of any unique features or components. These can be helpful when seeking advice from experts or other cycling enthusiasts. Happy riding and best of luck in your search! :)

When it comes to identifying your "paAoT" road bike, I'd like to emphasize the importance of examining the frame materials and manufacturing techniques. These can often provide valuable clues about the bike's origin and age. Look for any identifying marks or stickers on the frame, as these can also be helpful.

Additionally, consider joining online communities or forums dedicated to vintage or obscure bicycles. Members often have a wealth of knowledge and may be able to help identify your bike based on photos or descriptions of its components.

Lastly, don't forget to clean and maintain your bike regularly. This not only helps preserve its condition but also makes it easier to identify any unique features or components. Happy riding and best of luck in your search! :)