What the hell is this?????

They pulled them off the golf course just in time for the presentation...

OR It's a lame attempt at modesty for the benefit of the "sensitive" Muslim press/public in
Malaysia. Other teams were in track pants (another solid look!). They are fairly uptight about
showing your legs there. In the 2 times I was in Malaysia, I don't recall ever seeing any of the
local men wearing shorts even when the temp. was in the +40C range.

> From: "ronde champ" <[email protected]> Organization: CompuServe Interactive Services
> Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.racing Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 08:32:58 -0500 Subject: What the hell is
> this?????
>
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2003/jan03/langkawi/?id=news/teampres/AT18
>
> Thanks, Ronde Champ

"gord woolley" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:BA5FF327.202C3%[email protected]...
> They pulled them off the golf course just in time for the presentation...
>

> OR It's a lame attempt at modesty for the benefit of the "sensitive" Muslim press/public in
> Malaysia. Other teams were in track pants (another solid look!). They are fairly uptight about
> showing your legs there. In the 2 times I was in Malaysia, I don't recall ever seeing any of the
> local men wearing shorts even when the temp. was in the +40C range.

Well almost every other team is in their kit, I think it is poor management to put your team on
display in that manner, I always think that way when someone gets on the podium dressed like
that too Dave

<snip>