What the hell is this?????

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Ronde Champ, Jan 31, 2003.

  1. Gord Woolley

    Gord Woolley Guest

    They pulled them off the golf course just in time for the presentation...

    OR It's a lame attempt at modesty for the benefit of the "sensitive" Muslim press/public in
    Malaysia. Other teams were in track pants (another solid look!). They are fairly uptight about
    showing your legs there. In the 2 times I was in Malaysia, I don't recall ever seeing any of the
    local men wearing shorts even when the temp. was in the +40C range.

    > From: "ronde champ" <[email protected]> Organization: CompuServe Interactive Services
    > Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.racing Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 08:32:58 -0500 Subject: What the hell is
    > this?????
    >
    > http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2003/jan03/langkawi/?id=news/teampres/AT18
    >
    > Thanks, Ronde Champ

  2. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "gord woolley" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:BA5FF327.202C3%[email protected]...
    > They pulled them off the golf course just in time for the presentation...
    >

    > OR It's a lame attempt at modesty for the benefit of the "sensitive" Muslim press/public in
    > Malaysia. Other teams were in track pants (another solid look!). They are fairly uptight about
    > showing your legs there. In the 2 times I was in Malaysia, I don't recall ever seeing any of the
    > local men wearing shorts even when the temp. was in the +40C range.

    Well almost every other team is in their kit, I think it is poor management to put your team on
    display in that manner, I always think that way when someone gets on the podium dressed like
    that too Dave

    <snip>