what the hell we supose to eat????

leanman

Sep 20, 2009
go to crossfit.com
look at barry sears nutrition seminar. he says no pasta, rice, potatoes. get the carbs from fruits(no bananas) berries of all sorts, and veggies. and only the good oatmeal... protein in 30 gram portions only . just as big as the size of the palm of your hand.
also,i see where lances coach has him eating pasta, rice potatoes, bananas. proteinetc...
on strengthmill.com, that nationally ranked coach says a gallon of whole milk a day to gain weight. ok, us cyclists dont wat to gain weight, but people posted asking about the negative side effects on the saturated fats in whole milk. he says it better for you than skim milk, as you need the fat to help matabolize the sugars in milk, where skim milk has no fat, resulting in a big insulin boost(bad)
eggs... the whole egg is supose to be good per this one world class dr.
now, this barry sears doctor says egg whites only..
WTF!!!!!!!!
who we supose to listen to?
we aint lance, but i bet most of us do some big 3-4 hour rides on the weekend,, along with weekly 1-2 hour rides, so are the berries and veggies enough carbs???
i'm lost.
i'm 54 years old and still dont know what to eat...one day this is good, the next day its bad...i'm healthy, but after 20-30-40years you figure all these nutrition experts would get it right and would all agree on whats good and whats bad..i'm lost.. good healthy nutrition changes daily...
any help out there?????
thanks

I have found Tosca Reno's advice pretty good...eat clean, major veggies and fruit, minimize animal protein, whole grains and no refnied sugar and enriched foods.
The best part is you can cheat and still feel good b/c the rest of your daily diet is good for you.
;)

I am no expert here but I think the bottom line is that we need to listen to our body. Our body will crave certain things that we need when we put it through such rigorous exercises. I myself am vegetarian (lacto-ovo) I eat eggs and some dairy products for protein... but I have a tremendous amount of energy. I don't think there is one perfect way to eat. There are so many theories out there. Pick the ones that resonate with you and that make you feel the best. One of the fittest men I have ever seen was when I was about 17 in the gym working out at L.A. Fitness. He was a velodrome cyclist. He said that he eats a dozen eggs a day.. half without the yolk. I can't bring myself to eat egg whites but if I could look like that maybe it is worth it. Keep a good blend going. Get enough protein for your bodyweight. Eat plenty of whole unrefined foods and raw organic veggies. And to top it off. Try some NO2 by MRI. I don't work for them I just love that product. It will increase the nutrient and oxygen uptake of your body and give you the edge you might be looking for. I hope this is helpful.... but if you are doing that much riding at age 54 you must be doing something right... Aloha... - J;)