what the rest of the world wears? WTF!

DD

Guest
I found this while trawling for interesting bike stuff, not quite what I
was looking for however. And somehow I don't think that this fashion
will catch on here. Check out http://www.bikechina.com/p-sun.html and
scroll down.
Basically, for protection from the sun the Chinese sell cyclists cotton
arm wraps, a full face visor and an umbrella. What every cyclist needs
really. Note that you can also get a handlebar attachment to hold your
umbrella. And the woman posing with the umbrella really did need
something to cover up her face, not as good-looking as the babe earlier.

If nothing else the magpies will be as confused as hell for at least a
season.

DD said:
Note that you can also get a handlebar attachment to hold your
umbrella.
After cycle-touring in china for three months in 2001, my partner and I call it "safety-first china" ... you see people riding around on their bikes with just the handle of the umbrella left sticking out of the holder, so if you had to break really hard, you would core-sample your chest.

zog said:
I like the big double bell ringer on the other page
I have probably 10 of those hanging around in a box somewhere. They're the best bells out but the ***** thing is they have a very arrow clamp because the flying pigeon bikes have small diameter steel bars.

till

till! wrote:

> zog Wrote:
>
>> I like the big double bell ringer on the other page

> I have probably 10 of those hanging around in a box somewhere. They're
> the best bells out but the ***** thing is they have a very arrow clamp
> because the flying pigeon bikes have small diameter steel bars.

so are they nice and loud?, look as though they would be.

[They're really loud, but what makes them rock is that they go on and on and on.

The two bells are joined together on an axle, and the lever spins that around inside the cage formed by the central strip, joining the two halves. You dont even really have to use the lever, you can just whack the bels with your hand to get em spinning in a hurry.

In china they're still effective, because most people get out of the way because they're ALWAYS used by the pedicab guys who just dontlike stopping.

till