What the "This forum is dying" thread is all about

Crankyfeet

Jun 5, 2007
Hi all Grand Tours Forum posters,

Everyone has probably noticed the FID thread, since its up to 1300+ posts, and probably noticed that a lot of fluff goes on in there that has nothing to do with cycling.

The thread started off innocuously at the tail end of the dark era known as the "Flyer Epoch". It kind of developed from people complaining about the troll, into a social thread about anything anyone wanted to discuss that didn't necessarily involve cycling. One side-benefit at the time was that the troll didn't come in much.

It was meant to be a like a coffee shop where we could all go for a casual post/conversation without having to worry about how our post is relevant to cycling or the thread topic.

There was also a joke that it would be good to develop a large thread here that rivalled the "Thread about Nothing" in the Aussie New Zealand Forum. However they are averaging more posts per day due to them having more members conversing in theirs.

In any case, what I wanted to say was that it would be great if anyone dropped in with a comment, or a topical post, or a movie they just saw, or anything really, and felt welcome. The more of us that frequent the thread, the better it is.

And if anyone is against discussion of anything non-cycling, the intent is to channel all that off-thread stuff from other threads into here. So if anyone goes into general social discourse on a serious thread, we can direct them to the FID.

I know this was long-winded, but just wanted to let everyone here know, as we enter the Xmas period especially, what the FID thread is about and that everyone is very welcome to post there whenever they want. Every post counts!:)

Crankyfeet said:

Everyone has probably noticed the FID thread, since its up to 1300+ posts, and probably noticed that a lot of fluff goes on in there that has nothing to do with cycling.

The thread started off innocuously at the tail end of the dark era known as the "Flyer Epoch". It kind of developed from people complaining about the troll, into a social thread about anything anyone wanted to discuss that didn't necessarily involve cycling. One side-benefit at the time was that the troll didn't come in much.

It was meant to be a like a coffee shop where we could all go for a casual post/conversation without having to worry about how our post is relevant to cycling or the thread topic.

There was also a joke that it would be good to develop a large thread here that rivalled the "Thread about Nothing" in the Aussie New Zealand Forum. However they are averaging more posts per day due to them having more members conversing in theirs.

In any case, what I wanted to say was that it would be great if anyone dropped in with a comment, or a topical post, or a movie they just saw, or anything really, and felt welcome. The more of us that frequent the thread, the better it is.

And if anyone is against discussion of anything non-cycling, the intent is to channel all that off-thread stuff from other threads into here. So if anyone goes into general social discourse on a serious thread, we can direct them to the FID.

I know this was long-winded, but just wanted to let everyone here know, as we enter the Xmas period especially, what the FID thread is about and that everyone is very welcome to post there whenever they want. Every post counts!:)
I feel drawn to post here for some strange reason....oh yea...Dook sucks here too.

Crankyfeet said:

fffdd