What Time Do You Generally Go Riding?

Jul 6, 2015
I ask because I usually see everyone else cycling at what I think are odd times (work hours, dinner time, etc.). I do most of my riding at around 7 or 8 PM, just before sunset.

Reactions: haleylx4
I start my rides as early in the morning as I can, maybe 7 am, and try to get 50 miles in by lunch.

i ride every morning at 5am except wednesday and saterdays, i ride either 7am or 9am

During the week 2:45 if I ride from work, or 3:30 if I ride from home. On Saturdays 11:00am and Sunday 12:30.

10:00 to 11:00 am unless something comes up to divert me to a different time. Sometimes on Sat/Sun I'll do earlier to avoid the folks who still have to work for a living out and about weekend crowd. I'd rather not be old, but old and retired does have some benefits.

I usually go riding when I finish my school lessons, right now I have my Summer Holidays, so right now whenever I wake up, eat my breakfast and take a shower I go to the basement and get my bike out & ready for a ride.

Lately I have been jumping on my ten speed immediately after having a glass of water which is immediately after I wake up.
But I work shift work so sometimes that 5am and sometimes that's 5pm.

I commute mostly, so morning, afternoon. Occasionally I'll go ion an errand in the evening if it's not on the same end of town as where I work, but I am usually able to combine shopping trips with regular commutting so I don't have to do so much in one day.

I tend to go in the very early morning, anywhere between 3 and 5am. I like how there is no one around and I have the roads to myself pretty much. With it being lighter a lot earlier at the moment, it makes it feel so much more special, especially riding a long the water front with the sun rising in the distance. Really beautiful time to go riding.

I bike whenever it fits in. I could really physically bike any time of the day or night. I love it and it is easy to me. Maybe your work hours and dinner time are the usual, not everyone sticks to that. Some people might be working at 7pm at night. There are some people who use a bike to commute to work so perhaps they don't start until 11am or whatever.

I usually ride in the evening a little bit before it gets dark outside. I don't like to bike in the dark, but throughout the day I have too much on my plate to be able to go out. I know people often recommend doing exercise like biking first thing in the early morning but I like to sleep in, have breakfast, and jump right into my day. I figure going in the evening is better than not going at all! Usually I go right before supper time.

Some days I go at different times though. I don't really have a set time at all, just whenever I feel motivated and ready to go.

On weekdays I go biking right after I finish work which is from 5PM or 6PM. Before I go home I hit the supermarket to buy the food I need for the night and the following morning. On weekends if not busy I wake up early like 5AM for my morning ride I love to see the scene in the morning.