What time of day is best for eating protien?

I try to eat protein only one meal a day, so what time would be the
best? Ive herd several
different opinions, seems if it helps the body itself than maybe in
the evening would be best
but im just starting on this diet so i dont know.

[email protected] wrote:
:: I try to eat protein only one meal a day,

why?

:: so what time would be the
:: best?

Why should there be a best time?

Ive herd several
:: different opinions, seems if it helps the body itself than maybe in
:: the evening would be best
:: but im just starting on this diet so i dont know.

All you're likely to hear are more opinions. My opinion is that to a
significant degree, it probaby doesn't matter. It probably matters more if
you get insufficient amounts of protein.

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I try to eat protein only one meal a day, so what time would be the
> best? Ive herd several
> different opinions, seems if it helps the body itself than maybe in
> the evening would be best
> but im just starting on this diet so i dont know.

Breakfast. Period.

"Roger Zoul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] wrote:
> :: I try to eat protein only one meal a day,
>
> why?
>
> :: so what time would be the
> :: best?
>
> Why should there be a best time?

Maybe he's a reformed bodybuilder and wants to lose muscle?

> Ive herd several
> :: different opinions, seems if it helps the body itself than maybe in
> :: the evening would be best
> :: but im just starting on this diet so i dont know.
>
> All you're likely to hear are more opinions. My opinion is that to a
> significant degree, it probaby doesn't matter. It probably matters more
> if you get insufficient amounts of protein.

Breakfast is the most important time to get protein, if you're concerned
about sparing muscle. I myself get protein whenever and however I can
(within reason).

::: [email protected] wrote:
::::: I try to eat protein only one meal a day,
:::
::: why?
:::
::::: so what time would be the
::::: best?
:::
::: Why should there be a best time?
::
:: Maybe he's a reformed bodybuilder and wants to lose muscle?

:)

::
::: Ive herd several
::::: different opinions, seems if it helps the body itself than maybe
::::: in the evening would be best
::::: but im just starting on this diet so i dont know.
:::
::: All you're likely to hear are more opinions. My opinion is that to
::: a significant degree, it probaby doesn't matter. It probably
::: matters more if you get insufficient amounts of protein.
::
:: Breakfast is the most important time to get protein,

Why?

if you're
:: concerned about sparing muscle. I myself get protein whenever and
:: however I can (within reason).

Same here, but I still gotta ask: why breakfast?

"Roger Zoul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Joe the Aroma wrote:
> :: "Roger Zoul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> :: news:[email protected]...
> ::: [email protected] wrote:
> ::::: I try to eat protein only one meal a day,
> :::
> ::: why?
> :::
> ::::: so what time would be the
> ::::: best?
> :::
> ::: Why should there be a best time?
> ::
> :: Maybe he's a reformed bodybuilder and wants to lose muscle?
>
> :)
>
> ::
> ::: Ive herd several
> ::::: different opinions, seems if it helps the body itself than maybe
> ::::: in the evening would be best
> ::::: but im just starting on this diet so i dont know.
> :::
> ::: All you're likely to hear are more opinions. My opinion is that to
> ::: a significant degree, it probaby doesn't matter. It probably
> ::: matters more if you get insufficient amounts of protein.
> ::
> :: Breakfast is the most important time to get protein,
>
> Why?
>
> if you're
> :: concerned about sparing muscle. I myself get protein whenever and
> :: however I can (within reason).
>
> Same here, but I still gotta ask: why breakfast?

Because you've just gone for 8 hours without eating.

:::::: [email protected] wrote:
:::::::: I try to eat protein only one meal a day,
::::::
:::::: why?
::::::
:::::::: so what time would be the
:::::::: best?
::::::
:::::: Why should there be a best time?
:::::
::::: Maybe he's a reformed bodybuilder and wants to lose muscle?
:::
::: :)
:::
:::::
[...]

How is that different then not eating all day and getting your protein for
dinner or at night?

"Roger Zoul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Joe the Aroma wrote:
> :: "Roger Zoul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> :: news:[email protected]...
> ::: Joe the Aroma wrote:
> ::::: "Roger Zoul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> ::::: news:[email protected]...
> :::::: [email protected] wrote:
> :::::::: I try to eat protein only one meal a day,
> ::::::
> :::::: why?
> ::::::
> :::::::: so what time would be the
> :::::::: best?
> ::::::
> :::::: Why should there be a best time?
> :::::
> ::::: Maybe he's a reformed bodybuilder and wants to lose muscle?
> :::
> ::: :)
> :::
> :::::
> :::::: Ive herd several
> :::::::: different opinions, seems if it helps the body itself than
> :::::::: maybe in the evening would be best
> :::::::: but im just starting on this diet so i dont know.
> ::::::
> :::::: All you're likely to hear are more opinions. My opinion is that
> :::::: to a significant degree, it probaby doesn't matter. It probably
> :::::: matters more if you get insufficient amounts of protein.
> :::::
> ::::: Breakfast is the most important time to get protein,
> :::
> ::: Why?
> :::
> ::: if you're
> ::::: concerned about sparing muscle. I myself get protein whenever and
> ::::: however I can (within reason).
> :::
> ::: Same here, but I still gotta ask: why breakfast?
> ::
> :: Because you've just gone for 8 hours without eating.
>
> How is that different then not eating all day and getting your protein for
> dinner or at night?

Who doesn't eat all day? I'd say most people do.

Why only one meal a day?

Eat healthy animal proteins at every meal. You eat three to five times
a day. Eat protein three to five times a day. What is the mystery here?

TC

[email protected] wrote:
> I try to eat protein only one meal a day, so what time would be the
> best? Ive herd several
> different opinions, seems if it helps the body itself than maybe in
> the evening would be best
> but im just starting on this diet so i dont know.

Your body can't store a lot of protein, except in muscles (takes a
long time) and stomach. If you try to get a day's worth of protein
all at once, your digestive system *should* just stop digesting it
until it needs it. It's probably better to spread your protein intake
throughout the day, so that it's always available without interfering
with digestion (assuming you believe that a steady flow of energy is
better).

To avoid the overnight protein fast issues, choose slower digesting
proteins (casein, cheese) for your PM meals and faster ones (whey) for
AM meals. Casein powder supplements, for example, take about 7 hours
to digest.

So, if you must eat protein only once a day (which I don't recommend),
make sure it's the slow digesting kind, and eat it just before bed.

[email protected] wrote:

> I try to eat protein only one meal a day

Why would you want to try a scheme like that? Have you considered
reading some books and learning that there are well designed plans
out there? If someone put in a couple of decades designing and
honing a process you really should take advantage of all of that
work.

> so what time would be the best?

You're talking a span of 23 hours no matter when you do it, so it
will matter very little one time to the next.

> but im just starting on this diet so i dont know.

So it's time to learn first. Book time.