What tire is this?

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by manon1wheel, Jan 20, 2006.

  1. manon1wheel

    manon1wheel Guest

    I was looking on Yogi's pictures and it showed his tire.
    This one:

    |Filename: 9_DEVIL_KOXX_ONE.jpg |

    manon1wheel

    pure trials
    manon1wheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9972

  2. uniMcPeat

    uniMcPeat Guest

    manon1wheel wrote:
    > I was looking on Yogi's pictures and it showed his tire.
    > This one:

    Try-all.

    --
    uniMcPeat

    I grab onto my carbonfiber and get set free, into a uni-magic world with
    wizards and cats and autographed King Griffy Jr. Baseball bats
    uniMcPeat's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10313

  3. uniMcPeat wrote:
    > Try-all.

    Can't be. That's wider then a 2.5" tire. It must be a prototype.

    --
    UNIquelyCanadian

    ~Cameron
    New Photos Added: _www.camerondonaldson.com__

    "If you're looking for truth, don't search within yourself --You're the
    one who's confused in the first place!"
    - Frank Peretti
    UNIquelyCanadian's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7524

  4. uniMcPeat

    uniMcPeat Guest

    UNIquelyCanadian wrote:
    > Can't be. That's wider then a 2.5" tire. It must be a prototype.

    What??? No, that's a try-all.

    http://tinyurl.com/3q2bf

    Its the tire that comes on that unicycle.

    Notice they have the same tread.

    --

  5. uniMcPeat wrote:
    > What??? No, that's a try-all.
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/3q2bf
    >
    > Its the tire that comes on that unicycle.
    >

    > Notice they have the same tread.

    Tryall tire looks like this on that unicycle:http://tinyurl.com/azswj.

    The tread is different, and it looks like a wider tire.

    I may well be wrong, but I don't think I am. :)

    --
    UNIquelyCanadian

    ~Cameron
    New Photos Added: _www.camerondonaldson.com__

    "If you're looking for truth, don't search within yourself --You're the
    one who's confused in the first place!"
    - Frank Peretti
    UNIquelyCanadian's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7524

  6. Unitik908

    Unitik908 Guest

    could be the monty 2.7 inch tire

    Chase

    --
    Unitik908

    All hail the exhaulted Sigpoose, for he is forever king...
    R.I.P Unibiker
    R.I.P Gazzaloddi
    R.I.P Paul Hester
    R.I.P James Doohan
    R.I.P Mitch Hedberg
    R.I.P Peter Jennings
    R.I.P Pope John Paul II
    R.I.P James_Potters_Cat
    YAMS

    -last edited by the dave and sigpoose on 2005-09-05 at 08:56 pm -

  7. wendino

    wendino Guest

  8. Definitely the normal try-all mod tire.

    --
    TheObieOne3226

    'SWAT Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/SWAT)
    'SWAT webpage' (singlewheeledattackteam.1hwy.com)
    'Arrow Racing' (http://www.arrowracing.com/)
    'Sixsixone' (http://www.sixsixone.com)

    \"obie is definately a trend setter, i got in to unicycling because of
    him, and came here because of him\" - kj-52

    \"try not to annoy the great obie, for he is better than us.\" - murde
    mental

    *disclaimer: the above message was not intended to offend anyone. if
    you are offended i can take no responsibility for my actions because i
    don't feel like it. also you are reading an internet newsgroup where
    not everyone will share your same views and beliefs, be able to take
    criticism and post/read threads at your own risk.*

  9. DarkTom

    DarkTom Guest

    president_luke wrote:
    > Maybe its just the wide rim makes the tire look big

    You're right.

    It's the normal Try-All 2.5 tyre, on a Try-All rim. The Try-All rims
    are a bit wider than most others and so it looks wider.

    From UDC:

    DX32 is 40mm wide
    KH 19" Freeride is 42.2mm wide
    Try-All is *47*mm wide

    Plus Yogi always runs his tyres at super low pressures.

    Since getting my Large Marge rim, my muni is extremely stable and can
    be ran at very low psi. So I reckon his wider rims must give a fair
    degree of extra stability too, especially as Yogi always seems really
    stable on all sorts of tiny wee platforms/ledges.

    T.

    --
    DarkTom

    '*_My_Gallery_*' (http://tinyurl.com/9bnux)
    -\"just eat less pies, and then the loads on your seatpost will be
    less.\" - johnhimsworth
    \"i am a girl\" - amanda.gallacher
    \"you could help by not making it look so darn easy.\" - chrashing
    -
    DarkTom's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6515

  10. markf

    markf Guest

  11. James_Potter

    James_Potter Guest

    for some reason, when I read the title of this thread, I thought it
    said, what child is this, like the song. that was kinda weird.
    anyway, I think its the regular Try-All tire.

    --
    James_Potter

    to give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.

    michael atkinson
    mdotedotatkinsonatgmaildotcom
    President of the '_MRIS_' (http://tinyurl.com/dk2de)

  12. My bad. :( :)

    Yup, it's the try-all.

    What threw me off was that the tread looked like the endomorph tire. I
    thought it might be a 19" proto of along the same lines as the 26".

    |Filename: ONE.jpg |

    UNIquelyCanadian

    ~Cameron
    New Photos Added: _www.camerondonaldson.com__

    "If you're looking for truth, don't search within yourself --You're the
    one who's confused in the first place!"
    - Frank Peretti
    UNIquelyCanadian's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7524

  13. manon1wheel

    manon1wheel Guest

  14. KcTheAcy

    KcTheAcy Guest

  15. Brian O.

    Brian O. Guest

    UNIquelyCanadian wrote:
    > Can't be. That's wider then a 2.5" tire. It must be a prototype.

    I think that it is the fact that the photographer is using a wide angle
    lens close up to the unicycle, it is merely the lens distortion which
    makes it seem larger.

    --
    Brian O.

  16. Matt.Weston

    Matt.Weston Guest

    I'm wondering what is going on with the random, um, "things" down the
    side of the wheel... (picture is more explanatory) Could anyone
    enlighten m?

    |Filename: whats going on.jpg |

    Matt.Weston
    Matt.Weston's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11149