What tire is this?

manon1wheel

Guest
I was looking on Yogi's pictures and it showed his tire.
This one:

|Filename: 9_DEVIL_KOXX_ONE.jpg |

manon1wheel

pure trials
manon1wheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9972

uniMcPeat wrote:
> Try-all.

Can't be. That's wider then a 2.5" tire. It must be a prototype.

--
UNIquelyCanadian

~Cameron
New Photos Added: _www.camerondonaldson.com__

"If you're looking for truth, don't search within yourself --You're the
one who's confused in the first place!"
- Frank Peretti
UNIquelyCanadian's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7524

UNIquelyCanadian wrote:
> Can't be. That's wider then a 2.5" tire. It must be a prototype.

What??? No, that's a try-all.

http://tinyurl.com/3q2bf

Its the tire that comes on that unicycle.

Notice they have the same tread.

--
uniMcPeat

I grab onto my carbonfiber and get set free, into a uni-magic world with
wizards and cats and autographed King Griffy Jr. Baseball bats
uniMcPeat's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10313

uniMcPeat wrote:
> What??? No, that's a try-all.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/3q2bf
>
> Its the tire that comes on that unicycle.
>

> Notice they have the same tread.

Tryall tire looks like this on that unicycle:http://tinyurl.com/azswj.

The tread is different, and it looks like a wider tire.

I may well be wrong, but I don't think I am. :)

--
UNIquelyCanadian

~Cameron
New Photos Added: _www.camerondonaldson.com__

"If you're looking for truth, don't search within yourself --You're the
one who's confused in the first place!"
- Frank Peretti
UNIquelyCanadian's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7524

could be the monty 2.7 inch tire

Chase

--
Unitik908

All hail the exhaulted Sigpoose, for he is forever king...
R.I.P Unibiker
R.I.P Gazzaloddi
R.I.P Paul Hester
R.I.P James Doohan
R.I.P Mitch Hedberg
R.I.P Peter Jennings
R.I.P Pope John Paul II
R.I.P James_Potters_Cat
YAMS

-last edited by the dave and sigpoose on 2005-09-05 at 08:56 pm -

Definitely the normal try-all mod tire.

--
TheObieOne3226

'SWAT Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/SWAT)
'SWAT webpage' (singlewheeledattackteam.1hwy.com)
'Arrow Racing' (http://www.arrowracing.com/)
'Sixsixone' (http://www.sixsixone.com)

\"obie is definately a trend setter, i got in to unicycling because of
him, and came here because of him\" - kj-52

\"try not to annoy the great obie, for he is better than us.\" - murde
mental

*disclaimer: the above message was not intended to offend anyone. if
you are offended i can take no responsibility for my actions because i
don't feel like it. also you are reading an internet newsgroup where
not everyone will share your same views and beliefs, be able to take
criticism and post/read threads at your own risk.*

president_luke wrote:
> Maybe its just the wide rim makes the tire look big

You're right.

It's the normal Try-All 2.5 tyre, on a Try-All rim. The Try-All rims
are a bit wider than most others and so it looks wider.

From UDC:

DX32 is 40mm wide
KH 19" Freeride is 42.2mm wide
Try-All is *47*mm wide

Plus Yogi always runs his tyres at super low pressures.

Since getting my Large Marge rim, my muni is extremely stable and can
be ran at very low psi. So I reckon his wider rims must give a fair
degree of extra stability too, especially as Yogi always seems really
stable on all sorts of tiny wee platforms/ledges.

T.

--
DarkTom

'*_My_Gallery_*' (http://tinyurl.com/9bnux)
-\"just eat less pies, and then the loads on your seatpost will be
less.\" - johnhimsworth
\"i am a girl\" - amanda.gallacher
\"you could help by not making it look so darn easy.\" - chrashing
-
DarkTom's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6515

for some reason, when I read the title of this thread, I thought it
said, what child is this, like the song. that was kinda weird.
anyway, I think its the regular Try-All tire.

--
James_Potter

to give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.

michael atkinson
mdotedotatkinsonatgmaildotcom
President of the '_MRIS_' (http://tinyurl.com/dk2de)

My bad. :( :)

Yup, it's the try-all.

What threw me off was that the tread looked like the endomorph tire. I
thought it might be a 19" proto of along the same lines as the 26".

|Filename: ONE.jpg |

UNIquelyCanadian wrote:
> Can't be. That's wider then a 2.5" tire. It must be a prototype.

I think that it is the fact that the photographer is using a wide angle
lens close up to the unicycle, it is merely the lens distortion which
makes it seem larger.

--
Brian O.

I'm wondering what is going on with the random, um, "things" down the
side of the wheel... (picture is more explanatory) Could anyone
enlighten m?

|Filename: whats going on.jpg |

Matt.Weston
Matt.Weston's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11149