what to buy what to buy

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by The Bruiser, Feb 10, 2006.

  1. The Bruiser

    The Bruiser Guest

    ok so my birthday is comming up and im deffinately planning on getting a
    uni or two. Whatever i get will be the last one for a good while so i
    need to make sure i get something worth it. here is what im looking
    at:

    some 26" splined MUni for downhill

    nimbus longneck 20" and a torker Tx giraffe

    qu-ax trials splined

    i already have a sun 28 for distance and if i got a 26 for downhill i
    would just use my 24 for street and trials. if i got the freestyle and
    giraffe i would use those for freestyle and Hockey and my 24 MUni for
    trials street and MUni. Or the qu-ax for trials street and a little
    freestyle and hockey and my 24 MUni strickly for MUni. so what do you
    all think? any suggestions?

    --
    The Bruiser

    lvl 3 unicyclist, move out the way haha
    The Bruiser's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11352

  2. unijesse

    unijesse Guest

  3. The Bruiser

    The Bruiser Guest

    okay i think i didnt make it clear above sorry. Im choosing between one
    of the three things above. im not going to get like 5 new unis lol
    that would be rediculous. Im gonna get one more then thats it,
    probably my last uni. i mean i wouldnt have time to ride all of those
    above lol.

    --
    The Bruiser

    lvl 3 unicyclist, move out the way haha
    The Bruiser's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11352

  4. maxisback

    maxisback Guest

    ok well getting a 26" splined is sorta hard.. what you can do tho is get
    a kh hub and 26" sun rim and a 29" frame.. and then you have a 26"
    splined Muni..

    --
    maxisback

    Quiters never win, winners never quit , the ones who never win and never
    quit are just dumb
    maxisback's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10885

  5. Jerrick

    Jerrick Guest

  6. litldude2

    litldude2 Guest

    maxisback wrote:
    > ok well getting a 26" splined is sorta hard.. what you can do tho is get
    > a kh hub and 26" sun rim and a 29" frame.. and then you have a 26"
    > splined Muni..

    You can get them from unicycle.com here is one with a profile hub and
    yuni frame. 'link'
    (http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=626)

    I am sure Darren Bedford has or can make you something awesome.

    --
    litldude2

    Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer
    Litldude2 (att) aol (dott) com
    _____________________________

    chosen wrote:
    > wish i could be in a signature...*sigh*

  7. maxisback

    maxisback Guest

    no you dont as long as you pay shipping.. Sry for the false info before
    by the way..

    --
    maxisback

    Quiters never win, winners never quit , the ones who never win and never
    quit are just dumb
    maxisback's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10885

  8. litldude2

    litldude2 Guest

    Shipping isn't too much from Darren. It was $45 to ship me a frame, seat
    post, seat and a whole KH24 muni. I am in California so it may be
    cheaper for you because you are on the East coast. For unicycle.com to
    ship me a $12 miyata seat cover it costs like $15. Unicycle.com is alot
    closer to me and a seat cover weights almost nothing. So...I don't
    think shippping from Darren would be much more than shipping from
    unicycle.com. You can email him to get a rate though if you want to
    compare.

    --

    chosen wrote:
    > wish i could be in a signature...*sigh*

  9. maxisback

    maxisback Guest

    I prefer bedford.. He would not put a 1000$ uni in a 5$ box.. unlike
    some other places... :eek:

    --
    maxisback

    Quiters never win, winners never quit , the ones who never win and never
    quit are just dumb
    maxisback's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10885

  10. markf

    markf Guest

  11. litldude2

    litldude2 Guest

    Toronto is like 300 miles farther away than Georgia to me. My point was
    that shipping from Darren isn't much more than from UDC even though he
    is in Canada. It is $40 to ship me a KH24 from UDC and $45 to ship me a
    KH24, frame, seat and post from Darren.

    --

    chosen wrote:
    > wish i could be in a signature...*sigh*

  12. dorfman

    dorfman Guest

    shipping from unicycle.com is always cheep when you basically live on
    the florida georgia border (jacksonville) its like 8$ and it gets here
    the next day or some times the day after that

    but then again i always thought you had 2 be really close to or in
    canada 2 use bedford

    --
    dorfman

    my unicycles are like my imaginary friends that every one can see.
    dorfman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10880