What to do about psycho motorists?

MidBunchLurker

May 2, 2003
Just reading the news today:

http://www.news24.com/News24/South_Africa/News/0,,2-7-1442_1367657,00.html

What is it about motorists (admittedly a drunk one in this case), that they develop psychopathic tendencies and try to intimidate or run down cyclists??

Apart from all the sensible things like riding sensibly and making sure you're visible, what can we do to protect ourselves? In South Africa right now the general aggressive tendencies of all motorists poses a serious threat to cyclists - anyone have any suggestions about a strategy to change attitudes or remove these morons from our roads?

Nick

Hello all, a new member here :)

Here in the Silicon Valley I try to stay out of their way. A lot of the drivers are very considerate and give me plenty room, some either do not see me or do not think I need any room so I am always checking my mirror and make sure there is room for all. If only all the motorists knew how to use their turn signals :(

Just keep what you are doing, keep visible, give the motorists plenty room if you can, never cycle without a helmet... I do not think there is much else we can do.

Originally posted by MidBunchLurker
...anyone have any suggestions about a strategy to change attitudes or remove these morons from our roads?...

Nick

Easy. Get them into cycling!