What to do when your Mates are Heathens.....

Vmfa212 said:
That's when you find an empty bottle of Glenfidich, fill it up with "the cheap stuff" and let them drink that because apparently they may never be able to tell the difference between the two. ;)
Don't buy a bar for effs sake. The heathens would drink coke and ****.

FredC said:
A great production, and fantastically written. There was always a moral to each episode. It didn't have sub-titles here, but I could understand it. Many people couldn't understand words like malky, and many others. It was watched, because visually it was superb. I'd watch it all over again, as I would 'The League of Gentlemen'.
I think phoenetically it's ' Laffraig'. Ardbeg is an Islay whisky, is it not?
Bladdered? Just say 'Anusher pleesh.'
Yes Rab C is a bit of classic telly....and very philosphical.

Laphroaig is Scots Gaelic. Usually, as also in Irish, it sounds nothing like it is written, but not in this case. bh is pronouced 'v' and so on.

You know how they say that the Arabs have a 1000 words for sand an dthe Eskimos have 1000 words for snow. Yep, youve guessed correctly, the Scots have 1000 words for being drunk. Bladdered is my current favourite.

MountainPro said:

Laphroaig is Scots Gaelic. Usually, as also in Irish, it sounds nothing like it is written, but not in this case. bh is pronouced 'v' and so on.

You know how they say that the Arabs have a 1000 words for sand an dthe Eskimos have 1000 words for snow. Yep, youve guessed correctly, the Scots have 1000 words for being drunk. Bladdered is my current favourite.

LOL I am currently cut to pieces on Velluto Rosso...aka Chatau Cardboard! My first red! and I can think of a few, my challange is to list 1000
1) ******
2) smashed
3) cut
4) inembriated
5) drunk
6) hammered
7) **** faced
8) f@cked
9) sloshed
10) intoxicated
next 10 please

MountainPro said:

How aboot summer? Midges...How aboot winter? Dreech... how aboot summer and winter? Wet and Dreech. The only country in the the world with midges that can swim. And Daffodils bloom in May. Five million great people though says Campbell of Argyle, I hope you not related to those burger people.

MountainPro said:

Just remembered, some years I went to the the Nesbitts place in Knightsbridge.
The ancient tapestries were hanging on the walls, and they had all their family portraits dangling. Absolutely delightful people. A bit like Rab and Mary's place. Oh to be impoverished. Oh, yes Lady Douglas-Home had a pad there. It is sooo nice to have the culture of old money, and well mannered decency.

Fixey said:
LOL I am currently cut to pieces on Velluto Rosso...aka Chatau Cardboard! My first red! and I can think of a few, my challange is to list 1000
1) ******
2) smashed
3) cut
4) inembriated
5) drunk
6) hammered
7) **** faced
8) f@cked
9) sloshed
10) intoxicated
next 10 please
Blootered,