What to get with Gift Certificate?

menglish6

Mar 30, 2004
I just recieved a gift certificate for about $500 to Performance Bike and I need advice on what to do with it. I have a 66cm caad3 frame, all the components are ultegra except the crankset which is dura-ace. I'm a fairly new to cycling, and at an ideal weight of 215-220 I don't really ever see myself getting into racing. I'll mostly just stick with weekend centuries and Cycle Oregon type rides.

What (if anything) would be the best use of this money? I was thinking a carbon fork and/or seat post (although I have this notion that someone told me that I would have a problem with most forks on a 66cm frame). Any other good suggestions as far as noticeable value/$$?

thanks in advance,
Michael

menglish6 said:
I just recieved a gift certificate for about $500 to Performance Bike and I need advice on what to do with it. I have a 66cm caad3 frame, all the components are ultegra except the crankset which is dura-ace. I'm a fairly new to cycling, and at an ideal weight of 215-220 I don't really ever see myself getting into racing. I'll mostly just stick with weekend centuries and Cycle Oregon type rides.

What (if anything) would be the best use of this money? I was thinking a carbon fork and/or seat post (although I have this notion that someone told me that I would have a problem with most forks on a 66cm frame). Any other good suggestions as far as noticeable value/$$?

thanks in advance,
Michael
The best use by far would be to send to the gift certificate to me. ;)

if you like the bike the way it is, i would suggest stuff like extra tubes, lube, water bottles, clothes, repair parts/tools. basicly things that are a pain to always be buying. or atleast this is what i would get.

(by the way who gave you a $500 gift card?!)

Work stand, heart rate monitor, clothes, car roof rack, the best pair of shoes you can find, Cytomax.

You can also use the gift certificate for labor on a tune-up if you don't do that kind of stuff yourself.

TrevorN said:
if you like the bike the way it is, i would suggest stuff like extra tubes, lube, water bottles, clothes, repair parts/tools. basicly things that are a pain to always be buying. or atleast this is what i would get.

(by the way who gave you a $500 gift card?!)

well, this is really the only real road bike I've ever ridden any distance (I didn't exactly have a bunch of choices in my size and price range when I got it), I was wondering if there was something I could get that would make a difference I wasn't aware I was missing. anyway, if there isn't anything that would really make much of a difference like that I'll probably just get an assortment of gear.

thanks for the thoughts

(oh, i got the gift card from google)

menglish6 said:
well, this is really the only real road bike I've ever ridden any distance (I didn't exactly have a bunch of choices in my size and price range when I got it), I was wondering if there was something I could get that would make a difference I wasn't aware I was missing. anyway, if there isn't anything that would really make much of a difference like that I'll probably just get an assortment of gear.

thanks for the thoughts

(oh, i got the gift card from google)

Do you like the wheels? What do you have now? For $550 Kyserium elites can be had and there are a lot of choices at around $700 like Hed and velomax just to name a couple.