What to take?

jmitting

Nov 14, 2003
I'm doing what should be a 4 day trail ride in a week or so. Ive got my water and cooking(coffee!) situation sorted and I know I should take spare tube, puncture repair, first aid kit and a basic tool kit but can anyone offer some advice or suggestions that might not be so obvious?

Cheers!:)

I always take a chain breaker. in my experience this is the most vital tool after the usual suspects (pump, puncture repair kit, etc.). Also a replacement derailleur hanger can be a lifesaver, although if this breaks you can use the chain breaker to convert your rig into a single gear just to get home.
Have fun.

Originally posted by Lankataff
I always take a chain breaker. in my experience this is the most vital tool after the usual suspects (pump, puncture repair kit, etc.). Also a replacement derailleur hanger can be a lifesaver, although if this breaks you can use the chain breaker to convert your rig into a single gear just to get home.
Have fun.

Thanks Lankataf, this is exactly the sort of advice I was looking for, I had'nt considered chain or derailluer problems at all.

Cheers J