What tool do I need to remove brake pads?

bornfree wrote:
> My brake pads look like this

You'll be needing a 5mm allen key, they're one piece V brake pads. You can
replace them with similar one peice pads, or buy holders with replaceable
inserts.

When refitting, it helps to hold the block in position with grips or an
adjustable spanner while the allen nut is tightened.

Tim

--
Sent from Birmingham, UK... Check out www.nervouscyclist.org
'I find sometimes it’s easy to be myself, but sometimes I find it’s

Tim Dunne wrote:
> bornfree wrote:
>> My brake pads look like this

> You'll be needing a 5mm allen key, they're one piece V brake pads.
> You can replace them with similar one peice pads, or buy holders with
> replaceable inserts.
>
> When refitting, it helps to hold the block in position with grips or
> an adjustable spanner while the allen nut is tightened.

And hold the brake lever closed using an old fashioned toe-strap, bit of
velcro, a shoelace, or whatever is to hand.

--
Nigel Cliffe,
Webmaster at http://www.2mm.org.uk/

On 09/12/2007 10:40, Nigel Cliffe said,

> And hold the brake lever closed using an old fashioned toe-strap, bit of
> velcro, a shoelace, or whatever is to hand.

And stick a slip of card under the back edge to give some toe-in.

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/

On 9 Dec, 13:25, Rob Morley <[email protected]> wrote:
> In article <3385fb26-ae17-4d4f-b8f7-
> [email protected]>, bornfree
> [email protected] says...> My brake pads look like this
>
> >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Brake.agr-edit.jpg

> If you're asking that I'd be a bit worried that maybe you shouldn't be
> messing with them, but I suppose everyone has to start somewhere -

Six months ago I changed my first computer heat sink. I didn't learn
how to build a computer by baulking because I might break something.

> just
> make sure you can stop too.

I think that goes without saying, at least to me it does.

bornfree said the following on 10/12/2007 11:54:

> You psychiatrist wants to see you.

Rob has actually raised some very valid points, and he is also one of
the more helpful and experienced posters here. I really can't
understand how you think that playing with a computer heatsink has any
relevance to maintaining a vital safety mechanism.

You seem to have spent more time attacking Rob than acknowledging the

Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/