What tool?

ChainRinger

Jan 18, 2006
I have just gotten my hands on amid 70's or so Peugeot. As a pretty accomplished rec-wrench I know how to do most any work on newer bikes, but have run into a few problems.

1. I dont have the 23.15mm Stronglight crank arm removers (But at least I know that I dont have the right tool)
And..
2. What size freewheel remover will take off a Maillard 5sp freewheel? I looked at Park Tool's website and could not find anything!

Please advise...:confused:

ChainRinger said:
I have just gotten my hands on amid 70's or so Peugeot. As a pretty accomplished rec-wrench I know how to do most any work on newer bikes, but have run into a few problems.

1. I dont have the 23.15mm Stronglight crank arm removers (But at least I know that I dont have the right tool)
And..
2. What size freewheel remover will take off a Maillard 5sp freewheel? I looked at Park Tool's website and could not find anything!

Please advise...:confused:
Can't say with certainty on your particular one, but I know that some older Sachs-Maillard freewheels
could use the same two notch removal tools as Suntour's (e.g. Park FR-2)
see:
http://www.biketoolsetc.com/index.cgi

But I also know that a lot of people (such As Sheldon Brown) say that it is very easy to trash the two-prong style freewheel if the tools are not aligned properly

:) Hey thanks, I went to the site you recommended and "bam" with one word I found what I was looking for.