what trainer?

shming123

May 1, 2004
I'm just looking for some reviews on different trainers. I am going to be getting another one, and the only one I have experience with is the Cycleops Fluid 2 trainer. Its ok, just old and squeeky. Thanks.

I have the Kurt Kinetic fluid trainer. I've had no problems. It's fairly quiet, and it's got a unique feature that keeps the fluid completely isolated from the trainer - it's guaranteed not to leak. It was a little pricey, but it's been worth it. I've started buying about the best up-front. It's cheaper to get the right thing the first time, than to try and upgrade later.

Their website is www.kurtkinetic.com, but I bought it through my LBS, which gave me a bit of a deal. :)

shming123 said:
I'm just looking for some reviews on different trainers. I am going to be getting another one, and the only one I have experience with is the Cycleops Fluid 2 trainer. Its ok, just old and squeeky. Thanks.
It depends on how much you want to spend. I bought the Computrainer from Racemate and love it. Everyone in the family has their bike in the basement and rides it regularly.

vascdoc said:
It depends on how much you want to spend. I bought the Computrainer from Racemate and love it. Everyone in the family has their bike in the basement and rides it regularly.

I am looking for a good trainer. Something in the price range of $300-ish, give or take a little. I am so far considering a Cycleops Fluid2 trainer or this one.. http://www.roadbikereview.com/cat/training/trainers/1upUSA/PRD_111845_1663crx.aspx

I have used a fluid trainer in the past, and I would like something that has a wide range of resistance, even enough for sprint intervals.