What Training Do I need to be doing to Make the Athens Olympics.

Discussion in 'Cycling Training' started by MD-CYCLIST, Jan 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Naughty_hitter

Naughty_hitter New Member

Got in an accident--going at a whopping 25 kmh-- on the stationary gym bike

2. BaCardi

BaCardi New Member

This post is so utterly and totally ridiculous that it is beyond words. The Olympics is about athletics and competition at the highest level. Its because of bozos like this that there should be some fair standards put in place. Otherwise, it becomes a free-for all and anybody from tiny countries with no cyclists can get in for free. Just like this guy.

3. alexmonty

alexmonty New Member

Why not do triathlons if your already a good runner!! Hows your swimming ??

4. steve

steve Administrator
    Staff Member

That is a really good point, I can swim a mile in under 15 minutes in my bath, I'm sure he could do it in a pool! :cool:

cheers

5. wpedranti

wpedranti New Member

I know that you had way more replies to this question than you ever expected. You should think about your dedication. If you are serious, and I beleive you are. You should do the following.

Check with your Olympic Commitee to find out the requirements to be selected to the team.

Hire A coach. The coach will help you focus your training. There are many out there and there are many different prices. Shop around to find one that is copmpatible with your finances and personality. Many will work with you over the internet

Be dedicated to your training.

Race.

6. ric_stern/RST

ric_stern/RST New Member

Wayne,

MD-Cyclist doesn't exist -- he was just a troll. someone was just bored for a while.

Ric

7. RalleighOke

RalleighOke New Member

It's a shame actually. I was starting to enjoy the comments :D

8. Stu Boy

Stu Boy New Member

Ric,

I think he is for real. I did a bit of snooping on Google and found he is also a top sprinter-in-the-making as well....

HI I am Abdul Hassan I am Lebanese but Living and training in London I am hoping to Make the World Junior Championships this Summer and I was wondering if any of you are also Trying to make it. I am a sprinter I do the 200m 400m and some Long Jump Well I would like to take up Pole Holting or Hurdling and I was wondering if any one can Help me find Information and Camps any where in the world well I hope to hear from you very soon. Kind regards A H Khadra. P.S Please feel free to add me into your MSN messenger.
    Abdul Hassan Khadra. <[email protected]>
    London, UK - Saturday, April 13, 2002 at 14:08:17 (BST)

9. Stu Boy

Stu Boy New Member

And he runs 5,000m and 10,000m. Talented guy.

10. ric_stern/RST

ric_stern/RST New Member

He's such a talented athlete!

11. VeloFlash

VeloFlash New Member

I was thinking "let him have his fantasy" and the reality of attempting to obtain overnight proficiency, whether naturally talented or not, would bring him crashing down. That is why I thought he had become silent as of late.

Also, did not the IOC institute the "Eddie the Eagle" rule after the 1988 Calgary Winter Olympics to ensure athletes were competitive?

I understood the criteria was you had to finish in the top half of international competition to obtain entry although there was an African swimmer at the 2000 Sydney Olympics who must have got under the radar (he struggled just to finish 100m!).

I noticed our novice was posting on RBR without announcing his Olympic ambitions and asking relevant questions about legal performance enhancing substances.

I think he was for real. Maybe he had some Arab business acumen and thought he could make fame and fortune by being the Eddie "the Eagle" Edwards of cycling.

12. TTer

TTer New Member

Well with his LifeCycle training exploits in the gym he was going the right way about it! Trying to compete against semi-pros by doing a few weeks cycling in the gym! Hilarious!!

Yes, I think he's for real too. I think he's just flitting between sports desparately trying to gain some respect as an "athlete with olympic ambitions". Psychologically a bit of a sad case I think. He'll never return as he's no doubt into another sport by now.

13. TTer

TTer New Member

Hey, check this out. This guy is putting it around a bit:

http://www.evridiki.gr/guestr.asp

"Date: ÓÜââáôï, 24 ÌáÀïõ 2003
    Hour: 12:48:56 ðì
    Name: A H Khadra
    E-mail: [email protected]
    Wrote: Hello there I was told about your music from my good friend who lives in greece You are not only talented But you are Beutifull Would You consider marrying me, I am a semiprofessional Cyclist and I good pretty good as many Girls tell me well You have my e,mail so drop me a E,mail sometime. "

ROFLMFAO

14. ric_stern/RST

ric_stern/RST New Member

TTer,

Very interesting... Bit curious though, how did you find him on this (what appears to be a) Greek music site? I hope you haven't spent all your day searching for him...

Ric

15. BaCardi

BaCardi New Member

Now he says he's a "semiprofessional cyclist"? :rolleyes:

16. TTer

TTer New Member

Just search google for his e-mail addy. Last result. Unfortunately no more gems like this though.

17. TTer

TTer New Member

Hey, he's doing 3 workouts a week on that LifeCycle!! Surely that's semi-pro level?!?!? LOL

18. BaCardi

BaCardi New Member

HAHAHAH!!!!! :D Not only is our friend Adbul Hassan trying to make the Olympics in a sport he's never officially competed in, but now he's trying to pick up girls on the internet with his athletic prowess! This has got to be the funniest thing on this thread, "Would You consider marrying me, I am a semiprofessional Cyclist...?" :D Someone please go to this link to email that poor girl off that website and point her to this thread! http://www.evridiki.gr/guestr.asp

19. VeloFlash

VeloFlash New Member

I just read the biography of the "poor girl" Evridki with whom our friend is infatuated. She was born in Cyprus, a Greek Cypriot, and was in a group that represented Cyprus in the 1983 Eurovision contest. I believe that would be around about the year our "semi-professional cyclist" was born.

She is a singing celebrity in Greece and married with children.

I doubt she would even consider to be enticed away from family, fortune and fame to be with our "Walter Mitty"

20. ric_stern/RST

ric_stern/RST New Member

http://members.msn.com/default.msnw?guids=5*EpJaMI1GlCiONzEdtpHC1i55QvOINtKX!sNfXoE3!zKCXNur5H!2bPQ4L4QqYkK4

the ultmate-athlete

oh dear!

Ric

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.