What Training Do I need to be doing to Make the Athens Olympics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Ricstern/ Duckwah

I am 1.69m and around 61KG in weight I am not as Muscular as Many Sprinters are I am Must Small Than Some of the Athletes I raced against I managed to win races With the help of My shoulders as I was able to Like Lifts and speed just by rotating my shoulders in the running position and I feel now that I am Much Suited to The road Races not the TT as when I was doing cross Country I found my self Running at a reasonable pace but then I feel Like Speeding Up almost to my 400m Sprinting pace and Sprint the last 600m or so and when I cross the line I feel let down as I am not tired and I feel like I could Have actually Ran the last 600m at almost 200m times which I did a few times and It improved my Position so I think what veloflash said its pretty interesting but he needs to know Lebanon only has Mountain Biking Cyclist and I beleive my self to be the Only Lebanese Road Cyclist as It was Varified to me by the National Federation when I called them Yesterday, I was told they will be Issuing me with a Lebanese Cycling Lisence and they Said They will Take Up my Issue Regarding the B World Championships and the PAN-ARAB games this Summer so It looking promesing, well I think I can Use other Teams as my Pace Cyclist till Propably 600m From the Finish Time and Then Just Explode to the Finish Line It sounds like a good Idea to me as I will not have any Fellow Lebanese Cyclist in large Cycling events well I hope to hear from you very soon.

Kind regards
A H Khadra

Hey all

How is everyone Doing I am doing well Training is good But I need to start Doing Long cycles of 4hto8h very soon, well I am going to race my first road race in april as schedualed, well a little Update I have been In touched with my National Federation and I am soon to Be issued with A Lebanese Cycling Federation Cycling Lisence I am still in Talks to try and get my self a Elite Cycling Lisence and I hope I will be able to get as I am counted as a Elite Cyclist in Lebanon as there no Raod Cyclists from Lebanon But if youhere of One then please tell me well I hope YOU ALL HAD A GREAT ST PATRICKS DAY wether or not your Irish well Take care and catch you all soon.

Kind regards
A H Khadra

dear MD-Cyclist!

I have don't read all the post becacuse I am French and I don't speak english very welle, as you can see!!!

I am a racer in France. I think your idea is a very good idea, but I think it will be too short for Athens...

My advice :

You takes a licence in a Londonian team and race there during the seasons 2003, 2004 and 2005.

Then, if you are good, the best mind to progress is to come in a country with a higher level than France, where a lot of amators teams will be happy to work with you. You could race in France in 2006, 2007 and 2008.

3 years at a high amators level, it's a good thing to progress.

In 2007, you could make the pre-olympian world championships with a possibility to qualify you for the olympic games in China.

For the trainer, there is a good trainer online (they train profesionnal racers) it's

www.velotraining.com

Good luck and good training!

It's in French!!!!! But, there are web traductors online (for exemple http://www.google.com/language_tools?hl=en :D :D :D

Cher Sylvian007

Je vous remercie beaucoup pour votre Conseil il était le bon Conseil et je l'ai pris à bord pour moi Regarder, bien j'ai réelment Mon coeur A Défini sur le 2004 Olympique dans Athens, j'ai parlé à Dianne hier soir Elle est pro-Cycliste et elle le jeu me la meilleure Idée à Futher ma carrière de Cycling devrait essayer et devrait recevoir un tour comme un Apprenti ou [sbrk] Le cavalier pour la 2004 Saison elle a dit Que je devrais faire des Charges de Races dans le Londres et l'U.K de même que les Autres endroits et Essaie et reçois de bons résultats et envoie alors mon C.V à les, Bien pour cette année Mon dessein est au Cycle pour Lebanon aux Jeux Pa-arabes et les Championnats de Monde de B et j'espère que je fasse le cycle dans au moins d'eux, [sbrk] Vous remercier beaucoup pour votre bon conseil et j'espère entendre de vous très bientôt.
Le genre considère UN H Khadra

P.: je peux parler français son est mon Premier Langage comme j'étais Né dans la Côte d'Ivoire.

From my browser's version of the website -

"Systematisch trainieren wie ein Profi – nach bewährten Prinzipien aus der Trainingswissenschaft. Aufbauend auf der Printversion des TOUR-Trainingsplans geht's ab sofort noch individueller: Passen Sie Ihren interaktiven Plan kilometergenau an Ihr persönliches Saisonziel an und ändern Sie ihn in Sekundenschnelle, wenn schlechtes Wetter, Krankheit oder dringliche Termine der Planung in die Quere kommen."

Has this Euro government thingy gone a bit too far? Single currency and now a single language? Last time I was in France the language had splatterings of circumflexes, acutes, etc. :)

Dear VeloFlash

I think you where trying to tell me this Inyour Language and Since I can Understand it I have managed to Translate it the best I could Oh yeah I forgot to tell you that I am good with Languages well its a good way of looking at a training plan and its good advice.

Systematically train like a pro – after proved principles out of the training science. Constructing on the Printversion of the TOUR-training plan, it goes from immediately yet more individually: suiting you your interactive plan kilometer exact at your personal season goal on and change you it in seconds fast if bad weather, illness or urgent appointments of the plan come into the breadth.

I hope to hear from you very soon.

Kind regards
A H Khadra

MD : there is a great race of 4 days in may near where I live, it could be interesting for you and you team! See my post in the bike connections forum!!

Dear Sylvain007

Yes I looked at the Bike Connection section this race looks very Interesting and I have replyed to you there so if you can go there and read my questions please, I hope to hear from you very soon.

Kind regards
A H Khadra

Hills man, hills. Although I think you live in England so this might not work. But really, do the hills regardless of your specialty. The best riders sometimes need to put out the most effort (remember Lance in the rainy team TT in 2001 Tour de France?) Hill work builds muscle and physical and mental toughness. DO not neglect the hills if you want to race on the road.

Dear The Turk

That is very sound Advice you gave me there and I shall incoporate a whole training session to the hills My First Race shall be in Late May to Earley September before I am off to the B World Championships and then do 3 Lebanese Championships and then the Pan Arab Championships, well I hope you can offer me more advice and Its very Appreciated and I hope to hear from you very soon.

Kind regards
A H Khadra

Hey,

How are you MD? Hows the training coming along? I see that you said that you will race the B Worlds......is it certain?

It will be nice to see you there!

Hey Dianne

Wass up Girl how you been doing I hope all is well with you and your Familly it has been a little While since we last spoke but its all good I hope we will chat soon, well Training is O.k I guess, I did a 56 minutes 25km yesterday on a bike Machine at my local Gym and also in the same session I did a 43.81km in 1hour39 minutes I know they are not the best times I need to be doing to do well at the B World Championships, but I am hoping to do my first 3 hours training session by the end of this week and I am going to move to a 4to 5 hours ride by the middle of next week I know I am kinda leaving my longer rides too late for the World Champs but if you think about it its best like that becouse your body will remember the session you did, well enough about me how are you doing how is your training so When is your next race, by the way The Marco Polo Cycling Team tried to get me to compete at the Lincoln Grand Prix but the Race organisers Said no as there was no more spaces but I hope I will be signing for them for Next season as long as this years results are very good, well I hope to hear from you very soon.

Kind regards
A H Khadra

MD, have you raced yet? Just wondering how you got on in your first race (I haven't read anything on the message board yet)? Have you done any easier events yet like 10 or 25mile time trials to get you used to racing at speed.

Road racing is a tough game to go straight into and you'll be off the back for the first 6 to 10 races in my experience. There's lots of informal evening time trials around at this time of year so maybe you should start racing those to get used to the pain/effort required before going into road racing.

Dear Powermad

No I have not done a Proper race as yet I am still conditioning my body to have a lot endurance in my legs, having said that I have been doing 54min 56min in training for 25km which I think is not that bad But I have Hooked up with a Coach who is going to help do a Sub 52min for the 25km I feel very confident I will Be able to come in the top 10 in the 25km time trials at the B World Championships Between me and you my Training in the time trial has been so effective I think i could sneek in with a top 3 time, whiche would be fantastic, well as for the 150km road race at the B WOrld Champs I dont feel as confident about it but I still feel a top 30 positioning in not out of the question Ihave been using my Old Long distancr running breathing and training techniques to help me do pretty well, I will only do 2 races and 2 time trials towards the middle of may and then off I go to Switzerland to Compete at the B World Championships, I am just waiting to hear from the UCI wether or ot they are letting me compete for Lebanon or not, well I hope to have given you an idea of how my standard has been and I hope to hear from you very soon.

Kind regards
A H Khadra

25km ?!?!? A good time is 52-55minutes for 25miles (40 kms), not 25kms! I think you're getting mixed-up with the units here. Riding 52minutes for a 25mile TT is hellishly tough and I guess physiologically beyond un-gifted athletes.

I'm not sure what the level of competition is at the World B's, but I guess it's pretty high so I think you need to be able to ride at 44km/h comfortably in the TT and you'll need to be able to ride at 46km/h if you're hoping to get near 52minutes for the 25. I would guess the World B class riders will easily push 44-46km/h in the races.

Still, good luck, and keep us informed. You've got a very very tough task ahead! Finishing the 150km road race in any position would be an achievement.

Status
Not open for further replies.