What Training Do I need to be doing to Make the Athens Olympics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry but i dont think there is a web site for the Event but u can check out www.uci.ch they may nave details for it closer to the time. thats quite cool what u said about Shakira. I am not a major fun though, just thought the pic was pretty cool..... I am not first year out of junior so i will be racing elite, turned 19 in Jan.
This is just my second year racing in Europe.

I will definitely let u know when i find out more details about it. there will be road and Time Trial as well as track races at the same time if your interested in that as well.
And if u have may questions u want to ask dont hesitate to ask!

Its great that you are so ambitious.Just remember Its a tough world out there in the peletons. Cycling is one game where experience counts more than anything. If u battle at first dont get despondent, the more u race, the easier they will become. Best of luck for the season and email me on your [email protected]

Dear Ecce

Well No wonder you are an Ex-Olympian with an attitude like yours No wonder I have never heard of you, well I am not fat and I am sure I am fitter and Faster than you and I will make the Olympics and By the way are you a Member of the National Front you seem to me like you are with your Racial Comments and Your Bad Writing and spelling skills Only shows that you are a member of the National front People like your self Bring sports to its Knees well I hope I wont here from you again as I dont need Negative Attitude and I hope you will change your Self very soon.

Kind regards
A H Khadra

:mad: :( :mad:

I'll refer you to the Supercycling BB to see what happens when you take shots at each other.

Unless you two are joking...then....You got me :)

ecce_ecce - I must say, you must be one of those lucky blokes who got a 4 out of 7 night mrs. Lucky ******* !!!:D

So MD-Cyclist - it's been quite a few weeks since you first decided to become an Olympic cyclist. How's the training going?

Dear Steve

I am very Upset and hurt with the abusive and Racist remarks that where said to me by ECCE on this public forum I do not see why racism should be in any sports and I dont like racism in any situation, There are young Children who read these forums and Obviously we dont want to give the younger generation a bad example I feel that ECCE needs to Appologies As his remarks where uncalled for I feel Abused and Violated and Very Upset at the moment What gives ECCE the right to come on here and Use Racist and Hurtfull remarks towards my Abilitie as a Sportsman and Most of all to Disrespect my Race and My Culture He has no right and you as a Moderatore needs to Settle this Down once and for all as If you dont take the correct action it will show other users Including ECCE that they can use what ever abusive Language they want and Obviously we dont want to do that I have not Insulted anyone on this forum and I expect the same from every member to do the same for me I am not here to say who is right and who is wrong thats God's Job But I am here as a sports person seeking help and advice about A serious Issue to my self which is I want to compete at the Athens Olympics If ECCE is not willing to accept that and is willing to use Abusive and racist Language is THERE REALLY A PLACE IN SPORTS FOR HIS TYPE OF PEOPLE, well Steve I hope you will Put right to this wrong and I will repect and follow your Final decision Very carefully and Honerbly, I hope to hear from you very soon.

Kind regards
A H Khadra

Dear MediaCreation

Well Training has gone Good as far as my Body feels I have put the effort and Hard work as well as dedication into training as I always do At the mement or the past few Weeks I have been Working on strenghning my Upper and Lower Muscles as they will need to be strong for peddling fast during a time trial and also They need to be able to cope with hundreds of Kilometers of cycling during a Road race, well I bought a Brand new Racing Bike from E,BAY I am waiting for it to come I am also going to Get my Professional Lisence from British Cycling and I will be hoping to start Racing and getting points as from the 1st of April if all foes well, I feel great and I am sure I will be O.k when I make the Athens Olympics I was a long Distance Runner and I still do some running now to Help me with my Stamina and some endurance aspect of cycling.
As soon as I get my First Few Points which I feel will be in the first 2 to 3 weeks of April I will be Sending My national Federation my Times and a copy of my Lisence as I want to compete at the PAN-ARAB games as we are not sending any road cyclists ai DONT THINK and also I want to compete at the WORLD B STANDARD CHAMPIONSHIPS as I was told by DIANNE you are able to compete at the Olympics with getting the right result and you acheive Qualification times I am hoping I will do Just enough to get in as a wild card Entry into the Olympics and then I will produce the MOMENT of the Olympic by winning all the time trials and also winning the Road Race I know it sounds crazy but this is me I am the most hard working person on this planet and I am very determined to leave Athens whit 2 medals as long as I make the Olympics that is well I hope I will and I hope you all continue to help me and advice me and I hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards
A H Khadra

Originally posted by MD-CYCLIST
Dear Steve

I am very Upset and hurt with the abusive and Racist remarks that where said to me by ECCE on this public forum I do not see why racism should be in any sports and I dont like racism in any situation, There are young Children who read these forums and Obviously we dont want to give the younger generation a bad example I feel that ECCE needs to Appologies As his remarks where uncalled for I feel Abused and Violated and Very Upset at the moment What gives ECCE the right to come on here and Use Racist and Hurtfull remarks towards my Abilitie as a Sportsman and Most of all to Disrespect my Race and My Culture He has no right and you as a Moderatore needs to Settle this Down once and for all as If you dont take the correct action it will show other users Including ECCE that they can use what ever abusive Language they want and Obviously we dont want to do that I have not Insulted anyone on this forum and I expect the same from every member to do the same for me I am not here to say who is right and who is wrong thats God's Job But I am here as a sports person seeking help and advice about A serious Issue to my self which is I want to compete at the Athens Olympics If ECCE is not willing to accept that and is willing to use Abusive and racist Language is THERE REALLY A PLACE IN SPORTS FOR HIS TYPE OF PEOPLE, well Steve I hope you will Put right to this wrong and I will repect and follow your Final decision Very carefully and Honerbly, I hope to hear from you very soon.

Kind regards
A H Khadra

I don't police peoples opinions on here. Its OK for him to say 'your dreaming' he's allowed to call you a 'troll' However you're right in saying racist comments have no place on this board.

When you make a comment, like the one you made in the first post of this thread, people may(will?) think either of the following:

1) They'll think your an idiot
or
2) They'll wish you luck and follow your progress throughout the year(s)

IMO not enough people have a vision :)

cheers!

A lot rests in your quest to be an Olympian next year with your mother and father and what they have provided you genetically.

I can cite two cases here in Sydney, Australia.

In 2000 or 2001 the Australian road race champion was a rider called Phillip Thaux after riding only for a very brief time. His first road races at club level were on borrowed bikes, mountain bikes (his siser's bike I recall) and riding in joggers/sandshoes and he was immediately winning!.

At the other extreme you have an athlete named Guy Leech. Leech was an Australian Ironman champion which is multi discipline in the surf/beach covering swimming, running, surf board and surf ski. He had exceptional endurance testing results in the lab and was a top class swimmer and runner. In 1990 he was judged the winner in Channel 9's "Sixty Minutes" Australia's fittest athlete contest.

Leech retired from surf events and chose to pursue ironman triathlons, particularly Hawaii, and obtained a professional coach to fast track him into becoming a competitive cyclist. But therein he did not succeed and I can only recall seeing him in one short event having great difficulties on the bike and, for some reason, he gave up triathlons and his pursuit to win Hawaii.

I hope in pursuit of your dreams your parents gentically disposed you in cycling to be more like Phil Thaux

Dear Steve

I thank you very much for the action you have decided to take on this matter which was to delete the racist and Unjust posts of ECCE, I find this action fair and just I do not expect you to be a peoples monitor in this forum but I would expect you to deal with Racist Comments and Comments that should not be in any forum well Thanks again and I hope to hear from you very soon.

Kind regards
A H Khadra

Dear Veloflash

Well my Father was a Bodybuilder for sometimes and he also Played football for Freetown United in Sierra Leon and he won the FA CUP of Sierra Leon with them my Father was a very fit person and had loads of stamina I am not sure I got his gene for Muscular Built But I think I got his Genes for Stamina and Strengh which are very Important in Cycling I think, well I am not a person who lets Gene Rules his performance as lots of athletes Where unhealthy and slow But then they trained like there is no tommorow and made it big and I will hit the big times and the Olympics, well I hope to hear from you very soon.

Kind regards
A H Khadra

To correlate your athletic potential, Olympic 5k are often sub 13 minutes. Your 21:52 (or sub 17 goal time) is pathetic and often reached by high-school girls who have very very little ability as athletes.

Have fun cycling, but do not ruin your name, or the good name of Olympics.

Dear Juan

I franckly think your the pathetic One as you dont know anything about me and you come here accusing me of being pathetic for my 5K times well for your Information I was a Sprinter when I set a P.B in the 5K of 14.50 and a 35.46.12 10k at 17 and a 75.40.34 Half Marathon at the Age of 17 and I was Only 17 and for you to come and say am Pathetic is really Uncalled for, I ran a 10.75 100m at the age of 16 and a 22.3 200m at the same age so My times are well Up there and I was Ranked in top 40 Athletes in Asia and the top U20 Athlete in Lebanon, well as for me Bringing Down the name of cycling well in your Face Juan I can Guarantee you any Thing that I am a much better Runner and Cylist than you'll ever and for and all the other people who are finding my Efforts and Vision to Hard to Handle and to hard for you to acheive on a personal level well you can disrespect my ability and call me name and say am not good enough but one thing you should know I use these Comments to Futher Fuel my Desire and Motivation to compete at the Athens Olympics and any Other Major Championships Starting this summer well I hope you Understand who you are talking to before you start calling people Pathetic and disrespecting them well I hope to hear from you very soon.

Kind regards
A H Khadra

Juanteal:

I think you are shooting from the hip. Read his post carefully. At that age he was referring to U20 "Asia" and "Lebanon", not UK.

MD-Cyclist:

If you are running those sprint times and your old man was a competitive weightlifter I would venture to say you have a predominance of fast twitch muscle fibre.

If you are a genetically predisposed to be a sprinter, I would ditch contemplating the TT in favour of assembling other Lebanese riders for the 2004 Olympics to lead you out! :)

Dear juan

Your the one accusing me of being pathetic so dont tell me to take it easy and who i accuse its you who came here not knowing anything about me and you call me pathetic I was a World Junior Championships Qualifier for the 2002 World Junior Champs I did not go as I broke a Bone in My back I a dual Citizen A Lebanese and a British But when It comes to sports I am definetly a representative of Lebanon, well Regarding your half Marathon Time being Faster than Mine I honestly Dont really care as Many top class Athletes have off days and they get beaten by the most unlikliest person, well I set my Half Marathon Time whilst still being a sprinter whit only 2 solid months of running 3 miles to 5 miles a day so I think for a sprinter to get the time i got its pretty damn good.

Dear VeloFlash

I dont think I will be concentrating on the time trials that much I will be more looking at actuall road races and I feel I have the stamina and the passion for the road races rather than the time trials but i will be doing some time trials, I wanted to ask you to clarify your last comment you made which I have copied and passed so that you know which passege I am telling you about.

If you are a genetically predisposed to be a sprinter, I would ditch contemplating the TT in favour of assembling other Lebanese riders for the 2004 Olympics to lead you out!

I know Its a Positive Comment but still I do not understand it fully so if you can clarify it for me to understand well I hope to hear from you very soon.

Kind regards
A H Khadra

MD veloflash is saying that if you are a sprinter who wants to road race then you will need a team to pull you through the majority of the race so that you have a good shot at a sprint finish.

the reality of road cycling is that most of the team will sacrafice a good result to put their lead man in a position for the finish.

if you are truly a sprinter bodytype then TT is probably going to be hard work since TT is about high power to weight ratio for a fairly long time. I got told to forget TT cause i am way to heavy and although my power output is quite good its not up at the 8W per kilo of body mass that good TT riders put out.

so if you are fairly muscular and heavy you may want to check out track for sprint races and really short TTs

by the way how tall and heavy are you and do you know your 1 rep max for squat and clean and jerk?

as for the

Status
Not open for further replies.