What type of bike do you have

I don't actually have a bike yet, I've bought a `03 Marin East Peak, though! Waiting for my Marz. `04 Marathon SL's to come in so the games can begin :D !

Charlie Chaz said:
I don't actually have a bike yet, I've bought a `03 Marin East Peak, though! Waiting for my Marz. `04 Marathon SL's to come in so the games can begin :D !
Congrats! I have heard the frame design on the Marin FS series is quite good. Hope you get to ride soon. Afterwards, gives us your impression of it.

sungchang said:
Congrats! I have heard the frame design on the Marin FS series is quite good. Hope you get to ride soon. Afterwards, gives us your impression of it.
Y'all be the first!!!

Used to own a Gary Fisher MB, loved it. But, alas, there are fewer mountains in Houston than Democrats. So switched to road biking about a year ago and have found my true biking passion.

Now have a Specialized Allez Elite that I just rebult with new Mavic hubs and Ultegra components. Great bike, nice weight and smooth ride.

I might be able to afford a used trek, in the future but; right now i have a (month old) giant stp2-urban assault bike w/ rhino lite rims shod w/ 2.3 in. wide tyres & a marzocchi 120mm travel shock. Pretty happy w/ it.

davidmc said:
I might be able to afford a used trek, in the future but; right now i have a (month old) giant stp2-urban assault bike w/ rhino lite rims shod w/ 2.3 in. wide tyres & a marzocchi 120mm travel shock. Pretty happy w/ it.
i have a GT speed series 20" 12 speed.
within the next month or 2 i am hoping to buy a giant stp1.

Charlie Chaz said:
:D :D It is done...I have a bike!!!!:D :D :D

'96 Stumpjumper A1 FS

building:
'00 S-works FSR:
XT drivetrain
Avid discs
RaceFace Turbine LP cranks
Fox Vanilla R fork
Chris King headset
Thompson post
Easton bar and stem
XT hubs laced to RhynoLites on Panaracers

Jamis Durango: (for my gf)
LX-Acera drivetrain
Judy fork
RockShox post
XT V-brakes

Schwinn Mesa

Manitou SXR fork
All XT
Sun Sub4 rims
Kenda 1.75 Kozmic Lite II tires

I ride 90% on pavement with the other 10% on fire road type terrain so my main concerns are weight and rolling resistance. It weighs 24.5 lbs right now. It will probably get a Manitou Skareb or the like this winter to upgrade and drop close to another pound or so.

Love my Trek 4300 it's more bike than I need but a great starter bike. My first mountain bike. I ride trails about 80 miles a week in the summer. I have only had the bike for 45 days and find it to be an extraordinary piece of equipment. Been looking at the Fuel bikes. Maybe next year....;) Also have an old Raliegh road bike that I have been riding for years. Chain comes off somtimes but it can really scoot!

tiodolo said:
Vector Haro hardtail. I beat the **** out this bike and it held. I'm not a small guy (220lb.) looking to move into a X1 waiting for the 2003's to go on sale

update: finally got the X1, luv it, i would like to upgrade the front and rear shock, but compared to my hardtail, it's a keeper.

:D
tio

I have a Marin bobcat trail and two Trek road bikes. Just got my Marin.