What type of bike do you have

I have an old GT Karakoram I ride to work a couple times a week, :eek: but I have a 2003 Schwinn Moab DS-2 for mountain riding. Got it off ebay for 479.00 new. I love it........... :)

I still ride my 1984 SR Maxima with all original equipment, Suntour Superbe components. I've changed the seat and added some aero bars. Since I participate in triathlons I have an adapter between the seat and seatpost that moves my seat about 2" forward.

frogman_94 said:
I still ride my 1984 SR Maxima with all original equipment, Suntour Superbe components. I've changed the seat and added some aero bars. Since I participate in triathlons I have an adapter between the seat and seatpost that moves my seat about 2" forward.
i ride a 1998 gt karakoram and a 2004 c'dale chase 2

djbulkowski said:
Just bought a Trek Madone 5.2 last Tuesday the 3rd of August and picked it up on Friday the 6th. I'm a "Newbie" and this thing is scarry fast. First time on a bike in 33 years. I'm 51. Rode my first 11 miles today. Up and down hills. Rear end hurts a little but not too bad. All carbon frame really absorbs the bumps. David

Sounds great! I have one on order. What color did you get? And, how do you like that color? I am having a hard time deciding btwn the black and Team.

I have a triple on order. Are your running double or triple chainring? If you have the triple, how does it shift? Thanks for your time.

John

New to the post and just thought I would show you my ride. Not much but it's strong and I like it. Don't really want to put money in to it cause it will surpass my car if I do. :eek: Anyways, take it easy.

johtan said:
Sounds great! I have one on order. What color did you get? And, how do you like that color? I am having a hard time deciding btwn the black and Team.

I have a triple on order. Are your running double or triple chainring? If you have the triple, how does it shift? Thanks for your time.

John

Hi John,

I bought the black colored Madone 5.2. The US Postal colors looked great but I thought the black color suited me a bit better. Regarding the double / triple decision, I decided to go with the triple as its been 33 years since I rode, and I live in a very hilly area in NW New Jersey. Have used it a couple of times, but keep it mostly in the middle gear when going up hills.

Just getting used to the shifting. Seems to be pretty smooth when I get used to it. The clipless are another story. I think I have the worlds record for falling over the first time. Was about 3 seconds. Pushed off on a sidewalk, ran off the side into the grass, and fell over. Luckily no one was watching. My first and last fall, so far.

Hope you enjoy you're purchase. It's a blast to ride.

Happy trails, and be safe.

David

djbulkowski said:
Hi John,

I bought the black colored Madone 5.2. The US Postal colors looked great but I thought the black color suited me a bit better. Regarding the double / triple decision, I decided to go with the triple as its been 33 years since I rode, and I live in a very hilly area in NW New Jersey. Have used it a couple of times, but keep it mostly in the middle gear when going up hills.

Just getting used to the shifting. Seems to be pretty smooth when I get used to it. The clipless are another story. I think I have the worlds record for falling over the first time. Was about 3 seconds. Pushed off on a sidewalk, ran off the side into the grass, and fell over. Luckily no one was watching. My first and last fall, so far.

Hope you enjoy you're purchase. It's a blast to ride.

Happy trails, and be safe.

David

Hi David,

The black is very nice. I think it will age better than the Team colors. For one, you won't see any chips in the paint, and for two, the color scheme is classic. Like a pair of 501 jeans, it will never go out of fashion. That being said, I went with the Team colors because I like my bikes to be colorful or unique. Just my preference. I have an 18 year old celeste (weird green) colored Bianchi right now.

No worries about the clipless. Everyone has had their embarassing moments with them. You can't beat them for power transfer, though. A must have.

I'm in Vancouver Canada, so we have some pretty steep stuff, as well. Although, I may not need the triple now, I'm buying for long term. Also, I don't want to be limited by my gearing. I know some hills around here, scare roadies away. I'd like to tackle those hills without having to stand up.

I recently saw the Madone 5.2 SL. Very nice, but I decided to stick with the regular 5.2. I figure the OCLV 120 will be more comfortable than the OCLV 110, which is a stiffer and lighter carbon.

John
PS. I believe this is a mtn bike forum. We better move to a roadie forum before we offend someone. ;-)

se7enine said:
New to the post and just thought I would show you my ride. Not much but it's strong and I like it. Don't really want to put money in to it cause it will surpass my car if I do. :eek: Anyways, take it easy.
That's a nice bike color setup. It looks like you have Chris King (blue) hubs. What kind of bar do you have that it comes in blue color?

sungchang said:
That's a nice bike color setup. It looks like you have Chris King (blue) hubs. What kind of bar do you have that it comes in blue color?
I have 4, Argon 18 Radon with Campy,Trek 1000 with upgrades,GT Backwoods mountain bike that is my winter trainer,and finally a Diamondback 24 BMX Cruiser,Holy ****! I have too many!

I have a old school Specialized S-Works M2. With Paul brakes, Real brake levers, Grip Shift, paul rear D, 95 XTR front D, Ringle Hubs, Sun Rims, Topline Crank, a really nice riding mystery bottom bracket and so on.

Im looking to get a Airborn hard tail soon.

sungchang said:
The bars were originally silver and are Titec I think. I just painted them anodized to match.It's hard to find Answer Hyperlite bars in blue since blue ano is 1990's and the look now is different.:mad:

se7enine said:
The bars were originally silver and are Titec I think. I just painted them anodized to match.It's hard to find Answer Hyperlite bars in blue since blue ano is 1990's and the look now is different.:mad:
Raceface used to have blue bars but no longer. Oh well. I guess I will just stick to my trusty old black Easton bar. Thanks for the info though.

Hi guys

Mine is a Mongoose Rockadile AL :eek: plus i got a GT Avalanche 3:rolleyes: .0n my mongoose it has some good parts on it wheels, and handle bar, crank i would put a picture here but this is my first posted so i have no idea how to upload picture yet:D

i am 41 and i have been riding for 6 years just around town and some off road no racing i find the bikes are great i have own about 6 in that time and am trying to think of a reason to buy another :p keeep ridingggggggggggg