What Type Of Bike Should A Beginner Buy?

We need to know more!
Where and when do you ride? How much do you have to spend?
Any more details would be great.

Would be a really big help to know what you plan to do and where you plan to ride, that would help in being able to guide you in the right direction.

In any case, check out your local bike shop, maybe try sitting on some different bikes and see what one or sort feels right for you and then go from there. Also talk to the people in there, they will be able, to give you some nice advice.

Good luck!

BikeBikeBikeBike said:
We need to know more!
Where and when do you ride? How much do you have to spend?
Any more details would be great.
The money doesn't really matter, I have a lot to spend, I want it to be a professional bike for long rides.

ZXD22 said:
What type of bike do you need? Do you need a mountain bike, road bike, single speed, etc.?
Preferly I would like to get a road bike, because I got my bicycle card a few days ago. :D

If you have a lot of cash then get a custom frame built. There are several custom frame builders around.

jhuskey said:
If you have a lot of cash then get a custom frame built. There are several custom frame builders around.
How much would such a bike cost? I want a professional bike, that's good. I don't really care about the price as long as it isn't really big.

Get a Litespeed Titanium. Dura-Ace components. I'd recommend Ultegra, but Dura-Ace are componentry for rich suckers. Much more in line with your frame of mind...troll.

I think an all around road bike will do the job for you in case you could not provide the details previous posters are asking. This type of bike has wider tires good for driving on dirt, mud and what have you. They are also versatile and you can use them for fitness, touring, and commuting

Keyan said:
I think an all around road bike will do the job for you in case you could not provide the details previous posters are asking. This type of bike has wider tires good for driving on dirt, mud and what have you. They are also versatile and you can use them for fitness, touring, and commuting
Thank you, what type of a road bike would you recommend though? :D

What type of bike do you need? Do you need a mountain bike, road bike, single speed, etc.?
That's a good question. We really need to know what type of bike he wants. So, do you need a mountain bike? Well, different bikes are needed for different situation.

Yes, that's a good idea. The custom bike will be better than a pre-configured bike by a specific brand. I would also recommend you a custom bike.

Preferly I would like to get a road bike, because I got my bicycle card a few days ago. :D
If you want a road bike, you can get it online but if you want a custom build, you need to go to a local store. You get many choices online and you can choose any brand you like.

I have to say you have to get a pretty sturdy one, because if you are a beginner, you may end up bumping it a lot to different surfaces, and when it is all said and done, you would get a pretty battered bike for your attempts to ride properly. So you really need to have a half decent one, because you need it to survive the ordeal, as well as make sure you are still safe while riding, even after a ton of damage has been put to it. Good luck, and I hope you get the right one for you!

As I always say: a road bike. With multivelocity and brakes, doesn't matter much if is brand new or used in good conditions, It will suffice to learn to properly ride a bicycle. After you get the hang of it, and depending of your habits, you can buy a mountain bike if you are into hiking.

It depends on your choice. What type of bike you want? There are many kinds of bikes but you need to choose among them. I don't think there is any special bike for the beginners. Beginners can get any kind of bike for the practise. You need to change the type of bike you are using when you become a professional rider. You can start with any type of bike as a beginner. You can choose the type and brand of your choice.

There are any brands available in the market. I would not recommend you a single brand. You can go online and search for the best. You need to give us the information on the location. What is the condition of the roads in your location? That is very important to know for us to recommend the type of bike you need.