what type of bike should buy for exercise?

gsmsikar

Feb 18, 2004
FWIW. You should buy the bike that you will ride more than the other ...

If you will be using the bike to assist you in running errands, then a bike with fenders/etc. is probably a better choice ...

If you have time to set aside for "recreational" riding as a part of your exercise routine, then a MTB might be better.

alfeng said:
FWIW. You should buy the bike that you will ride more than the other ...

If you will be using the bike to assist you in running errands, then a bike with fenders/etc. is probably a better choice ...

If you have time to set aside for "recreational" riding as a part of your exercise routine, then a MTB might be better.

thanks
i think i should go for MTB as i only want to use it for recreational and exercise purpose ..

Hero is a good company. It is the no 1 cycling company in India and I think you should buy the cycle of that company. I would recommend you to buy the bikes online because unlike the local shops, you would get the opportunity to choose among various foreign cycle brands. You can also get the cycle at much cheaper rates if you buy it online.

If you are going to use the bike on flat roads then any kind of bike will do. Mountain bikes are best for rough terrains although they are also okay on flat roads. But I would suggest that you go to a bike shop and have a fitting. Get one bike that catches your fancy and go for a spin. Try at least 3 bikes before you make a decision. And if the bike you fancy does not score 100% to your standards, don't buy. I'm sure there are other bike stores in your place.