What type of cycling do you do?

Darjevon

Feb 26, 2005
What type of cycling do you guys do? I'm mainly a "freerider" and "light XC'er". Although soon I do intend to venture out into the expansive world of urban assault; right now I am merely an IUKH (insane urban kerb hopper) as far as as stunt biking goes.

Darjevon said:
What type of cycling do you guys do? I'm mainly a "freerider" and "light XC'er". Although soon I do intend to venture out into the expansive world of urban assault; right now I am merely an IUKH (insane urban kerb hopper) as far as as stunt biking goes.
I ride XCountry occassionally & am making a foray n2 bmx/urban assault. Right now, I am an IUKH too :p By the end of the summer I hope to be able to do a "passable" grind w/o having bystander's snicker at me ;) , maybe even a "manual" (riding down the street on the rear wheel only) :cool:

davidmc said:
I ride XCountry occassionally & am making a foray n2 bmx/urban assault. Right now, I am an IUKH too :p By the end of the summer I hope to be able to do a "passable" grind w/o having bystander's snicker at me ;) , maybe even a "manual" (riding down the street on the rear wheel only) :cool:
i ride road, single track, fire-road, x-country, free ride and just about anywhere that 2 wheels will take me including to the top of mountains strapped to my back.
i see NO POINT what so ever in jumping about kerbs all day..i gave that up the moment i hit puberty and discovered girls.

Darjevon said:
I spend most of my time on single track but when I train I am on the road and am really starting to get the road bug. I will probably invest in a road bike here pretty soon but my real passion will always remain on the single track

davidmc said:
wicked. (remembering Lords of Dogtown commercial: "you just got patty-slapped" and ROFL)

I assure you I won't be snickering; I am probably going to be the one bleeding. :(

Road, I have a 2004 Specialized Allez, w/ some new iron man carbon aero bars I got not too long ago. I started off on a mt. bike, & I did most of my riding on the road so I got a road bike. I love road biking, it's a lot of fun. I did some riding in the rain today. It's a lot of fun, your tires start sliding & your adrenalin really gets going. W/ some good music it can be wicked fun;)

Darjevon said:
wicked. (remembering Lords of Dogtown commercial: "you just got patty-slapped" and ROFL)

I assure you I won't be snickering; I am probably going to be the one bleeding. :(
I just finished watching JIB, it's awsome !!! Those guys are fecking incredible. They do front whell manual's, manual jumps, ect...I also own "Killing Time" w/ Jeff Lenosky & Aaron Chase. Wicked good although JIB has more BRPS (bike riding per second :rolleyes: ) Now I'm going to hang-up my MTN biking & practice w/ my new Mongoose Ritual

MountainPro said:
i see NO POINT what so ever in jumping about kerbs all day..i gave that up the moment i hit puberty and discovered girls.
"Chick's" dig it ;) . No other reson necessary. I also find it "fun" :)

MountainPro said:
great, now i know what to do when i want to impress 12 year old 'chicks'.
I'll just tape $100 notes @ my frame then the women will watch. Wait a minute, my country's currency isn't worth the paper it's written on :rolleyes: . Oh well.

davidmc said:
I'll just tape $100 notes @ my frame then the women will watch. Wait a minute, my country's currency isn't worth the paper it's written on :rolleyes: . Oh well.
At your age in doggy years, you might want to try giving away free samples of Metamusal..and by the way, it this country we call them $100 bills...I don't think you will attract anyone with notes that say "100" on them.... ;) .

zapper said:
At your age in doggy years, you might want to try giving away free samples of Metamusal..and by the way, it this country we call them $100 bills...I don't think you will attract anyone with notes that say "100" on them.... ;) .
"bill" is slang, the technical term for them is bank "notes". Hence, you are "barking up the wrong tree", in this instance :rolleyes:

MountainPro said:
great, now i know what to do when i want to impress 12 year old 'chicks'.
that or you could Plastic-surgurize yourself until you skin is ghost white, have a piece of cotton weaved in and out of your chin and drawn tight to look like a cleft, wear ubertight cable-knit sweaters. Then you get a big ranch and f*** with ten year olds in the back room.

But remember you have to sing higher than a piccolo and do dumbass dances.

Ooo! Ooo! and remember to deny you were plasiticked and contradict yourself hundreds of times on the Oprah show. :)

Darjevon said:
that or you could Plastic-surgurize yourself until you skin is ghost white, have a piece of cotton weaved in and out of your chin and drawn tight to look like a cleft, wear ubertight cable-knit sweaters. Then you get a big ranch and f*** with ten year olds in the back room.

But remember you have to sing higher than a piccolo and do dumbass dances.

Ooo! Ooo! and remember to deny you were plasiticked and contradict yourself hundreds of times on the Oprah show. :)
WTF:confused:

Darjevon said:

I go for XC, definitely..... :D

Always has been road for me with some CX. Used to MTB too, but continually searching for (or driving to) rideable trails got old. Would like to do some touring/randonneuring.

Randonneuring is long-distance unsupported endurance cycling. This style of riding is non-competitive in nature, and self-sufficiency is paramount. When riders participate in randonneuring events, they are part of a long tradition that goes back to the beginning of the sport of cycling in France and Italy. Friendly camaraderie, not competition, is the hallmark of randonneuring.

Wurm said:
Always has been road for me with some CX. Used to MTB, but continually searching for rideable trails got old. Would like to do some touring/randonneuring.

Randonneuring is long-distance unsupported endurance cycling. This style of riding is non-competitive in nature, and self-sufficiency is paramount. When riders participate in randonneuring events, they are part of a long tradition that goes back to the beginning of the sport of cycling in France and Italy. Friendly camaraderie, not competition, is the hallmark of randonneuring.
Hey :eek: You're not following the crowd :mad: Sounds really cool :)

You guys talking about the urban assault stuff is interesting too, because lately I've been riding a C'dale Chase at an LBS here. What a very decent bike that is! Bags of fun.

I guess it was designed in conjunction with this Aaron Chase that was mentioned, and apparently they named the model after him.

5fsdj3blu.jpg

The Chase looks cool, but I don't know why it has a rim brake in the back. :confused:

I'm soon to be the proud owner of a c'dale badboy.