What type of cycling do you do?

Discussion in 'Your Bloody Soap Box' started by Darjevon, Jun 4, 2005.

1. Darjevon

Darjevon New Member

What type of cycling do you guys do? I'm mainly a "freerider" and "light XC'er". Although soon I do intend to venture out into the expansive world of urban assault; right now I am merely an IUKH (insane urban kerb hopper) as far as as stunt biking goes.

Tags:

2. davidmc

davidmc New Member

I ride XCountry occassionally & am making a foray n2 bmx/urban assault. Right now, I am an IUKH too :p By the end of the summer I hope to be able to do a "passable" grind w/o having bystander's snicker at me ;) , maybe even a "manual" (riding down the street on the rear wheel only) :cool:

3. MountainPro

MountainPro New Member

i ride road, single track, fire-road, x-country, free ride and just about anywhere that 2 wheels will take me including to the top of mountains strapped to my back.
    i see NO POINT what so ever in jumping about kerbs all day..i gave that up the moment i hit puberty and discovered girls.

4. jaguar75

jaguar75 New Member

I spend most of my time on single track but when I train I am on the road and am really starting to get the road bug. I will probably invest in a road bike here pretty soon but my real passion will always remain on the single track

5. Darjevon

Darjevon New Member

wicked. (remembering Lords of Dogtown commercial: "you just got patty-slapped" and ROFL)

I assure you I won't be snickering; I am probably going to be the one bleeding. :(

6. ryan_velo.

ryan_velo. New Member

Road, I have a 2004 Specialized Allez, w/ some new iron man carbon aero bars I got not too long ago. I started off on a mt. bike, & I did most of my riding on the road so I got a road bike. I love road biking, it's a lot of fun. I did some riding in the rain today. It's a lot of fun, your tires start sliding & your adrenalin really gets going. W/ some good music it can be wicked fun;)

7. davidmc

davidmc New Member

I just finished watching JIB, it's awsome !!! Those guys are fecking incredible. They do front whell manual's, manual jumps, ect...I also own "Killing Time" w/ Jeff Lenosky & Aaron Chase. Wicked good although JIB has more BRPS (bike riding per second :rolleyes: ) Now I'm going to hang-up my MTN biking & practice w/ my new Mongoose Ritual

8. davidmc

davidmc New Member

"Chick's" dig it ;) . No other reson necessary. I also find it "fun" :)

9. MountainPro

MountainPro New Member

great, now i know what to do when i want to impress 12 year old 'chicks'.

10. davidmc

davidmc New Member

I'll just tape $100 notes @ my frame then the women will watch. Wait a minute, my country's currency isn't worth the paper it's written on :rolleyes: . Oh well.

11. zapper

zapper Banned

At your age in doggy years, you might want to try giving away free samples of Metamusal..and by the way, it this country we call them $100 bills...I don't think you will attract anyone with notes that say "100" on them.... ;) .

12. davidmc

davidmc New Member

"bill" is slang, the technical term for them is bank "notes". Hence, you are "barking up the wrong tree", in this instance :rolleyes:

13. Darjevon

Darjevon New Member

that or you could Plastic-surgurize yourself until you skin is ghost white, have a piece of cotton weaved in and out of your chin and drawn tight to look like a cleft, wear ubertight cable-knit sweaters. Then you get a big ranch and f*** with ten year olds in the back room.

But remember you have to sing higher than a piccolo and do dumbass dances.

Ooo! Ooo! and remember to deny you were plasiticked and contradict yourself hundreds of times on the Oprah show. :)

14. ryan_velo.

ryan_velo. New Member

WTF:confused:

15. davidmc

davidmc New Member

My colleague, Darjevon, was talking about M. Jackson :eek:

16. GERARDO

GERARDO New Member

I go for XC, definitely..... :D

17. Wurm

Wurm New Member

Always has been road for me with some CX. Used to MTB too, but continually searching for (or driving to) rideable trails got old. Would like to do some touring/randonneuring.

Randonneuring is long-distance unsupported endurance cycling. This style of riding is non-competitive in nature, and self-sufficiency is paramount. When riders participate in randonneuring events, they are part of a long tradition that goes back to the beginning of the sport of cycling in France and Italy. Friendly camaraderie, not competition, is the hallmark of randonneuring.

18. davidmc

davidmc New Member

Hey :eek: You're not following the crowd :mad: Sounds really cool :)

19. Wurm

Wurm New Member

You guys talking about the urban assault stuff is interesting too, because lately I've been riding a C'dale Chase at an LBS here. What a very decent bike that is! Bags of fun.

I guess it was designed in conjunction with this Aaron Chase that was mentioned, and apparently they named the model after him.

[​IMG]

20. Darjevon

Darjevon New Member

The Chase looks cool, but I don't know why it has a rim brake in the back. :confused:

I'm soon to be the proud owner of a c'dale badboy.