What type of riding

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Simon, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. Simon

    Simon Guest

    Me again.

    Just wondering what type of riding most people here do? And where do you come from?

    I am from UK mainly ride street, jump singletrack and some mild cross country (on my tank of a bike)
    Bike is a 24 bikes "pornking"

    Simon

    ***-=[ http://www.tau-designs.co.uk ]=-***
    The information in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely
    for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended
    recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in
    reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.

    The views expressed here are my own & do not represent or reflect the views or policies of
    Tau-Designs.co.uk

    Tags:

  2. Simon wrote:
    > Me again.
    >
    > Just wondering what type of riding most people here do?

    Mainly XC stuff (not racing). Used to race DH, but now leave that to my brother (who's UK senior
    men's champion). Nowadays, I just tend to potter along trying to find interesting stuff to ride, the
    more technical the better. Oh, and I'm contemplating doing the Mega Avalanche Cup on a rigid
    singlespeed.

    Also ride bmx (street and park), because although mountain biking is nice, I don't get to fall off
    enough. BMX gives me the pain fix I need :)

    And where do you
    > come from?

    Originally, I'm from Kent. Moved to Sheffield, then Grimsby, then Luxembourg and now Dusseldorf.
    Dusseldorf is superb - it's inherited all the shit bits of Holland (it's flat as a pancake) but
    hasn't retained any of the good bits (coffee shops, huge red light districts and a distinct lack
    of Germans).

    > I am from UK mainly ride street, jump singletrack and some mild cross country (on my tank of a
    > bike) Bike is a 24 bikes "pornking"

    Be prepared for some grief about riding an adult bmx...

    BTW, how do you jump singletrack?

    --
    a.m-b FAQ: http://bombacommand.iwarp.com/ambfaq.htm

    b.bmx FAQ: http://bombacommand.iwarp.com/bmx_faq.htm

  3. Jd

    Jd Guest

    "Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<%[email protected]>...
    > Me again.
    >
    > Just wondering what type of riding most people here do?

    Being that the newsgroup is "alt.mountain-bike", I would wager mountain bikng.

    > And where do you come from?

    The planet Zarcon.

    JD

  4. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Tue, 3 Dec 2002 11:52:47 -0000, "Simon" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Me again.
    >
    >Just wondering what type of riding most people here do? And where do you come from?
    >
    >I am from UK mainly ride street, jump singletrack and some mild cross country (on my tank of a
    >bike) Bike is a 24 bikes "pornking"
    >
    >Simon

    Wooded single track, rocks, logs, drops, lots of hills....general mountain biking.

    bill

    :-]

  5. Martees

    Martees Guest

    "Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:%[email protected]...
    > Me again.
    >
    > Just wondering what type of riding most people here do? And where do you come from?

    Hills, dales, rocks, rolls, logs, sticks, roots, streams, dreams......................... you know,
    mountain bike stuff.

    I have no idea where I'm from.......... I was born at a very early age.

    Marty

  6. Supabonbon

    Supabonbon Guest

    "Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<%[email protected]>...
    > Me again.
    >
    > Just wondering what type of riding most people here do? And where do you come from?
    >
    > I am from UK mainly ride street, jump singletrack and some mild cross country (on my tank of a
    > bike) Bike is a 24 bikes "pornking"
    >
    > Simon

    Here in Hymietown, I tend to do the kind of biking where I make little circles with my feet.

    /s

  7. Simon

    Simon Guest

    | UK here also, Lancashire.
    |
    | I ride your usual UK XC stuff on a bike I built up around the original
    BASE
    | jump frame (but with long seatpost, and raised front end to accommodate
    XC)
    | play around a little too, but I'm shit at jumps and drops. My bike's a
    tank
    | too, weighing in at about 35 pounds ',;~}
    |
    | Shaun aRe - Errrrmm, I almost forgot - "Now go blow yourself, you fecking newbie scumbag!" (Didn't
    | want to disappoint anyone).

    I too am shit at jumps and drops but I like to die trying.

    Thanks for not dissapointing stagnant old timer!

    :eek:)

  8. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Wed, 4 Dec 2002 03:38:55 -0500, "Michael Dart" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Except for road riding, I think that's boring.

    You must not be doing it wrong.

    :-]

  9. Simon wrote:

    > | I ride your usual UK XC stuff on a bike I built up around the original
    > BASE
    > | jump frame (but with long seatpost, and raised front end to accommodate
    > XC)
    > | play around a little too, but I'm shit at jumps and drops.
    >

    > I too am shit at jumps and drops but I like to die trying.

    Ooh, ooh, newbie in to jumps and drops! Can I get out the picture of the cliff jump?

    --
    a.m-b FAQ: http://bombacommand.iwarp.com/ambfaq.htm

    b.bmx FAQ: http://bombacommand.iwarp.com/bmx_faq.htm

  10. Simon

    Simon Guest

    I see I mislaid a comma there. I am sure JH could jump singletrack after seeing the cliff drop pic.

    Glad people here have a sense of humour too, makes a change from some other newsgroups.

    Simon

    | Jonathan Harris <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    | > Simon wrote:
    | > > Me again.
    | > >
    | > > Just wondering what type of riding most people here do?
    | >
    | > Mainly XC stuff (not racing). Used to race DH, but now leave that to my brother (who's UK senior
    | > men's champion). Nowadays, I just tend to potter along trying to find interesting stuff to ride,
    | > the more technical the better. Oh, and I'm contemplating doing the Mega Avalanche Cup on a rigid
    | > singlespeed.
    | >
    | > Also ride bmx (street and park), because although mountain biking is nice, I don't get to fall
    | > off enough. BMX gives me the pain fix I need
    | :)
    | >
    | > And where do you
    | > > come from?
    | >
    | > Originally, I'm from Kent. Moved to Sheffield, then Grimsby, then Luxembourg and now Dusseldorf.
    | > Dusseldorf is superb - it's inherited all the shit bits of Holland (it's flat as a pancake) but
    | > hasn't retained any of the good bits (coffee shops, huge red light districts and a distinct lack
    | > of Germans).
    | >
    | > > I am from UK mainly ride street, jump singletrack and some mild cross country (on my tank of a
    | > > bike) Bike is a 24 bikes "pornking"
    | >
    | > Be prepared for some grief about riding an adult bmx...
    | >
    | > BTW, how do you jump singletrack?
    |

    | It helps if it's real purdy singletrack and yer feelin' horny.
    |
    | Shaun aRe

  11. Westridge

    Westridge Guest

    "Jonathan Harris" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Simon wrote:
    >
    > > | I ride your usual UK XC stuff on a bike I built up around the original
    > > BASE
    > > | jump frame (but with long seatpost, and raised front end to
    accommodate
    > > XC)
    > > | play around a little too, but I'm shit at jumps and drops.
    > >

    > > I too am shit at jumps and drops but I like to die trying.
    >
    > Ooh, ooh, newbie in to jumps and drops! Can I get out the picture of the cliff jump?

    Don'tcha hate it? Have just discovered that young staff member has just purchased mtb of some
    description and first ride involved clearly marked "NO BIKES ALLOWED" walkers trail with steep
    downhills/uphills. Have tried taking him under wing and explained the evil of riding such trails in
    friendly manner but was firmly rebuked with "What would you know with your granny bike, you old
    fart!" He, apparently, is Downhill God and capable of drops and jumps that simply defy imagination.
    (Hopefully pictures of Xrays to follow.) Am currently considering either loosening seatpost, or some
    sort of graphite based lubricate on young wippersnappers brakepads......

    Westie ;)

  12. Gabrielle

    Gabrielle Guest

    On Tue, 03 Dec 2002 06:14:34 -0800, Shaun Rimmer wrote:

    > Allow me:
    >
    > http://bombacommand.iwarp.com/cliff.htm
    >

    > This is JH, showing us all why it's a good idea to keep the brain in good order.

    Spiff pants!

    gabrielle

  13. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    "Westridge" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Have just discovered that young staff member has just purchased mtb of some description and first
    > ride involved clearly marked
    "NO
    > BIKES ALLOWED" walkers trail with steep downhills/uphills. Have tried taking him under wing and
    > explained the evil of riding such trails in friendly manner but was firmly rebuked with "What
    > would you know with your granny bike, you old fart!" He, apparently, is Downhill God and capable
    of
    > drops and jumps that simply defy imagination. (Hopefully pictures of
    Xrays
    > to follow.) Am currently considering either loosening seatpost, or some sort of
    graphite
    > based lubricate on young wippersnappers brakepads......

    His name wouldn't be "Muddy" by chance?!?

    Bill "or a near relation" S.

  14. Muddy

    Muddy Guest

    UK, Manchester. (But don't tell Rimmer, he's got it in for me)

    XC, Freeride, Extreme, (tiny) jumps, (crap at) Street riding. (footpaths) Bit of everything

    --

    Got off at Piccadilly Station the other day, while I was with my bike. (Attually the bike was with
    me). When I arrived I rode off the train, down the escalator, and dogged the people. Mind you it was

    --

    Muddy - Me, downhill God? Ok you got it right this time.

  15. Dave

    Dave Guest

    > Michael Dart <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...

    > > > Ah, that'd explain the smell......
    > > >

    > > > Shaun aRe
    > > >

    > > Yup. One mill town for another.
    > >
    > > Mike - But didn't think it was strong enough to cross an ocean!
    >

    > "I grew up near a Buffalo"
    >
    > You didn't notice the slight edit then?

    See, most of your posts go largely unnoticed. So why not give us a break. It was alot quieter around
    here when you couldn't get free access. Too bad really. This place was starting to turn around. But
    you returned.

    Dave
    > Shaun aRe a stupid caterwalling pansy!

  16. L Hays

    L Hays Guest

  17. Muddy

    Muddy Guest

    > Muddy <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...

    > > UK, Manchester.
    >
    > Sorry to hear it......
    >
    > > (But don't tell Rimmer, he's got it in for me)
    >
    > Yeah - I pissed my sides when you couldn't find the hole by yourself. That poor girl nearly died
    > laughing too......

    ......Yeah I accidently stuck it up her arse untill Rimmer pointed it out to me. Anyway, what were
    you doing there? The agreement was a threesome with two girls. Ahhh, know wonder you knew where to
    put it, your a big woman. I always thought Shaun was a girlie name.

    So, what you wearing...

    > > XC, Freeride, Extreme, (tiny) jumps, (crap at) Street riding. (footpaths) Bit of everything
    >
    > Oh dear.....

    Im not that good at jump and street riding. But I'd still kick you arse at them all, you big nancy.

    > Shaun aRe....
    .....girlie named

    Muddy - Call me.

  18. JD says: