What was the last thing you've bought for your bike?

The last thing I bought for my bike was a new set of handlebar grips. I went with a brand called ODI because I've had good experiences with their products in the past.

I think the last thing I bought that I haven't sent back-
( amazon prime ) is a shock pump by rockbros that can also inflate tires. Haven't tried to inflate a tire with it yet. has digital display

On the larger heavier side . 185 grams compared to 150 for the Blackburn and MSW pumps I use for the other 2 bikes. The pump just sits in a tool bag for now in-between MTB rides.

I'm considering going to compressed air cartridges for my bike tool kits . Kind of don't want to carry a pump anymore. Expect would regret upon certain scenarios.

Attachments

• 611C9A2F-86EA-4CC3-AAFF-DD9FDEFD99DB.jpeg
    611C9A2F-86EA-4CC3-AAFF-DD9FDEFD99DB.jpeg
    101.7 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: Mr. Beanz
I'm considering going to compressed air cartridges for my bike tool kits . Kind of don't want to carry a pump anymore. Expect would regret upon certain scenarios.

If you have a slow leak of such nature that seems impossible or very inconvenient to patch to patch on the road, you'll need to make short stops to reinflate until you get home. If you didn't have any pump, you'll run out of cartridges.

Sometimes I get lazy and figured I'll just keep on re-inflating a slow leak and just fix the problem when I arrive home. There's good reasoning behind this. You'll make better repair quality at home compared to the side of the road. I always re-use my patched inner tubes so repairs must be of good quality. If your tires are tubeless, the fix may be so difficult that if the leak is slow, it's way better to fix it at home and just make short inflating stops along the way. These are situations where pumps are incredibly useful and these situation are fairly common, at least where I live where the roads are littered by lots of debris from cars and trucks and the ill-maintained, poorly built roads collect these debris with its very compromised drainage and complete lack of cleaning.

I expected I might run out of cartridges . When I puncture I typically swap in a new tube roadside and fix the holes at home anyways . Of my 3 bikes- all run tubes, but I may acquire a tubeless setup sometime soon.
Still will carry a spare tube along with patch kit ,mini-tool. I guess I can suffer carrying the pumps around.

Ordered this today. 20 dollar Chinese version of one I have with lime green detail. This one in red. My green jersey was put in storage and rather than search for an hour I just ordered this for 20 bucks.

This one a Chinese version he green is Primal $35 and very nice. I'm curious as to how they compare.

Screenshot_20230430_174917_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: cobbwheels
I expected I might run out of cartridges . When I puncture I typically swap in a new tube roadside and fix the holes at home anyways . Of my 3 bikes- all run tubes, but I may acquire a tubeless setup sometime soon.
Still will carry a spare tube along with patch kit ,mini-tool. I guess I can suffer carrying the pumps around.

I also carry 1 spare tube as well.

But personally, I'm a bit OC when troubleshooting punctures to make sure I'm also able to find and remove whatever caused the puncture on the tire or rim. I even mark the tire before removing, and then mark the puncture on the tube so that later on, I can align the puncture on the tube against the tire or rim to find if what caused the puncture is still on the tire or rim and to remove it. Don't want a repeat puncture on the same ride.

My OC process takes a bit of time and as very light petite rider, I have weak hands and not easy for me to remove the tire from the rim. If the leak is slow enough, I prefer to just make several stops to reinflate until I get home.

. I even mark the tire before removing, and

One step ahead of you, man. I install the tire with the valve positioned at the label. No jeep to mark the tire after a puncture because I already know the tires position. Also because I set the tire in proper rolling direction o know which side and location even before I puncture. :D

I carry 2 spare tubes and a sticky patch kit for emergencies. Also I can pass out patches to strangers if needed. Very small case and inexpensive.

Never needed anything bigger than this saddle bag to carry 2 tubes and everything I need for repairs.
Screenshot_20220623-184253_Facebook.jpg

Last edited:
One step ahead of you, man. I install the tire with the valve positioned at the label. No jeep to mark the tire after a puncture because I already know the tires position. Also because I set the tire in proper rolling direction o know which side and location even before I puncture. :D

I carry 2 spare tubes and a sticky patch kit for emergencies. Also I can pass out patches to strangers if needed. Very small case and inexpensive.

Never needed anything bigger than this saddle bag to carry 2 tubes and everything I need for repairs.
View attachment 5822

Great tip, thanks! I'll remember to do this the next time I remove the tires. I always install my tires in the correct arrow direction. I don't think the inner tube has rolling direction.....But I don't think it matters for the sake of finding puncture source, you can just flip the tube and try to find the puncture at the other side of side if you didn't find it in one side.

Ofc, I can also mark the inner tube with an arrow the next time I remove them so they're all lined up. No need to mark the rim because I always put them back at the same side due to disc brake rotors!

I still need to mark the tube where it got punctured though.

Unfortunately, my tools are big, bulky, and heavy! Apart from the mini hand pump, all my tools are NOT cycling specific. I simply took whatever I can find in the house to save money. Plus, I also bring first aid kit as I'm not insured. The tools and first aid goes in one pannier bag and two extra bottles in another pannier bag. I don't stop for water re-fills this why my bike's loaded weight can exceed 40 lbs from the tools, accessories, and all the water I need. If empty, my bike weighs 32 lbs with all touring accessories installed like the rack and full fenders. So it's heavy and well over 1/3 of my body weight! It doesn't really handicap my rides and I'm still one of the fastest in my weekend routes on both flats and the climbs.

Great tip, thanks! I'll remember to do this the next time I remove the tires. I always install my tires in the correct arrow direction. I don't think the inner tube has rolling direction.....But I don't think it matters for the sake of finding puncture source, you can just flip the tube and try to find the puncture at the other side of side if you didn't find it in one side.

Ofc, I can also mark the inner tube with an arrow the next time I remove them so they're all lined up. No need to mark the rim because I always put them back at the same side due to disc brake rotors!

I still need to mark the tube where it got punctured though.

Unfortunately, my tools are big, bulky, and heavy! Apart from the mini hand pump, all my tools are NOT cycling specific. I simply took whatever I can find in the house to save money. Plus, I also bring first aid kit as I'm not insured. The tools and first aid goes in one pannier bag and two extra bottles in another pannier bag. I don't stop for water re-fills this why my bike's loaded weight can exceed 40 lbs from the tools, accessories, and all the water I need. If empty, my bike weighs 32 lbs with all touring accessories installed like the rack and full fenders. So it's heavy and well over 1/3 of my body weight! It doesn't really handicap my rides and I'm still one of the fastest in my weekend routes on both flats and the climbs.

My tools aren't cycling specific either. I carry separate Allen wrenches. A small folding plier tool with screwdrivers on the ends. About 2 inches folded. Tire levers there are cycling but I can get by with 2 if needed..

I make sure my equipment is good before rides and at installation do I've never needed things like chain tools.

Just a couple basic tools work for me. Only once in 25 years I've got stuck where I needed a ride and that was a broken frame.

Ordered couple little do dad's for my bike. Red silicone sleeve for my GPS unit. Hot a black one now but figure red would be different and matches the bike.

The little GPS mount insert. Mine seems a little loose for some reason. :D

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230513_203745_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230513_203745_Chrome.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 3
Some more stuff. The red gps cover still hasn't arrived about a week late already. 3 more days I'll be canceling the order if it doesn't arrive. Already contacted the seller.

So I ordered a second red cover hoping arrives much quicker.

And another black cover for the new GPS I ordered.

Bryton 320. Not worth 30 bucks more as I don't need the mapping of the 420.

Good reviews and for 100ish. Not wanting to spend 400 for another garmin. Bryton has more than I need with the 320.

Some stuff that should be here in next couple days.

Screenshot_20230608_193952_Chrome.jpg

I bought a second rubber cover for the Brighton. Like tge black in the pic but red. First red was for the XOSS but still hasn't arrived yet.

Really digging this Brighton gps. :D
20230618_111654.jpg

Just ordered this replacement lens for my shades. One thing I don't like about Oakleys are the lenses scratch easily. Not that there is anything wrong with my two pair, just planning ahead. Oakley $70 or these aftermarket scratch resistant for $17?

Not real good reviews but you never know if it works for you unless you try. :D

Screenshot_20230627_180434_Chrome.jpg

A new Sunlite tube for my hybrid 38mm by 700c . got a snake bike in the back at speed. , should have been on my MTB instead.
"but they said it was a gravel ride"....

Just ordered this replacement lens for my shades. One thing I don't like about Oakleys are the lenses scratch easily. Not that there is anything wrong with my two pair, just planning ahead. Oakley $70 or these aftermarket scratch resistant for $17?

Not real good reviews but you never know if it works for you unless you try. :D

View attachment 6576
Yeah the oakleys are touchy esp the mirrored. I have to be especially careful with that flame orange lens. I resist cleaning them "out there" , rinse and daub at home almost without exception .
Mine are RX as well. (cough$$$$) I have a second RX pair in optic Yellow . Like them for on -off road. Used a lot this last winter.