What was your longest ride?

I covered around 57 miles (my longest ride). I went to another city with my father. That was one of the most interesting rides. The experience was really great. So, this was my longest ride.

You guys make me feel so lousy!
Personally my longest ride was 78 miles, and I am planning on doing a century distance ride soon - but I just have to train mentally and physically.

Mew, don't feel lousy. I am a tourist by specialty (meaning that is my riding style) and I have mumblemumble years of riding under my belt. With all that said, 78 miles is an excelent ride in a day! Also consider I am not a racer (I don't go particularly fast, and do not train for power and speed), so I take a bit of time to go any distance. At my average speed, 78 miles would take most of a day, so that is a significant investment in riding already.

Ride your own ride, and for what you want to get out of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: pwarbi
My longest routes to-date have only been in the ballpark of 40 miles, give or take a few, which I tend to start around college campuses as they are accessible and typically bike-friendly. Every so often I've found myself on winding back roads and relatively unperturbed or unused State Roads, which more often than not are home to construction HQs and industrial warehouses. If I was confident enough to devote myself to traveling around the globe with my bike and essentials, I'd do so in a heartbeat! Or, if my hometown was just a little more bike-friendly, I'd amp it up for myself.

I had to look back at my Strava logs---seems like since I joined, my longest ride has been 103.7 miles.

Odd part: I set my PR for a segment that I've ridden at least 40 times in the last 5 years----80 miles into that ride. :D

Mew, don't feel lousy. I am a tourist by specialty (meaning that is my riding style) and I have mumblemumble years of riding under my belt. With all that said, 78 miles is an excelent ride in a day! Also consider I am not a racer (I don't go particularly fast, and do not train for power and speed), so I take a bit of time to go any distance. At my average speed, 78 miles would take most of a day, so that is a significant investment in riding already.

Ride your own ride, and for what you want to get out of it.

I agree, and we can't all do the same amount of distances. We should all do what we feel comfortable with, and try and outdoor each other.

When cycling long distances, any distances in fact, we have to do what our body is telling us, and while I agree that we all have to push ourselves, we also have to know our limits.

Several years ago. Me and some family members made a 42 miles long trip across a highway from a Power Substation to the nearest town. We took it easy at a medium slow pace, was really unsettling to ride with cars traveling at 120 km/h speed so near from us.​

Was a back and forth trip, so at the end of the day we manage to ride 84 miles in total. Of course, wasn't an uninterrupted trip, We took a break every 10 miles. That was the longest ride I ever did. I also did several rides aftewards but for a far lesser extent. Would repeat to do something so daring again.​

Yes, back when I was young I'd be out all day riding with my friends, especially during school holidays. Nowadays, with a hectic work schedule and a ton of responsibilities, it's a challenge finding the time to spend even 3 hours riding my bike. These days I just look forward to long weekends and public holidays so that I can spend a bit more time riding.

Reactions: Shark425
I took part in a multi day 900 mile ride with some college students and 2 faculty members. Ihad to leave the ride after Day 4 because my son was in a serious car accident. That was at about half distance. My longest solo ride (at least since I was a teenager) has been 70 miles on my 70th birthday last year.

I went 95 kilometres yesterday, but that was actually 3 rides. 20km to meet my friend, 32km along the Iron Horse Trail, then 37km around Orinda CA on a spur of the moment ride on the way back home. ..

Does that count?

My longest ride was of about 5 hours on my way to a friend's house in another state, such a good experience.

I'm not a competive rider... I only do it for leisure but I've spent entire days riding with friends.
Neither am I. I'm a tourist (I tour on my bike). Town to town, county to county, state to state... have not crossed a national border yet. I live too far away from the nearest one.

Reactions: Destiny3614
I remember once in my university days I joined a group of cyclists on a 50 mile ride to raise money for a mobile clinic. I think that was the longest I did.It was tough but well worth it.

My longest ride was probably a few hours when I was up in Whistler. I think I then took a ~1 hour break before resuming.

I went with a friend of mine to a very distant beach, we spent like 2.5 hours to get there, then we spent 3.5 to get back home because we were exhaust and the sun was really hot. Good times.

I have made the trip from Bellingham to Seattle and back a few times. It's about 109 miles one way if you take the Centennial trail.

My longest ride was going city to city about 30 miles. I've never went further than that yet. I think I could probably make 50 right now. Been getting my cardio levels up.

50 miles was my longest ride. I rode to a grocery shop. When I was a teenager, I use to drive my cycle for hours. I really enjoyed the 50 miles ride with my father. Actually, I was addicted to cycling a that time :)