General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

What we had for T-day #1

Started by Kate Connally · · Last activity · 1 post · 480 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
28 November 2005
Last activity
28 November 2005
Original author
Kate Connally
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
480
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I hope everyone had a great T-day!

    Went to my cousin Karen's in Mentor, OH for T-day.
    I brought the rolls (my grandmother's crescent rolls).
    I tried something new this year and made one recipe of
    them using part whole wheat flour as I had some in the
    fridge and wanted to use it up. (I tend to buy it to
    make something and then the rest just sits around forever
    and eventually gets rancid. I just don't use it very
    often.)

    My aunt made the sweet potato casserole (2 actually - one
    with pecans on top and one without for me and my cousin's
    husband). She also made pumpkin pies and one pecan pie
    and one pecanless pie (guess who for?). And she made a
    cranberry waldorf salad (sort of like ambrosia with
    cranberries, apples, walnuts (a *pain* to pick out) and
    mini marshmallows.

    Karen's daughter brought a vegetarian lasagne since she's
    a vegetarian. It's wasn't too bad and the mushrooms were
    in big pieces so I was able to negotiate around them.

    Karen made the turkey, 2 stuffings (one vegetarian), and
    the gravy, mashed potatoes, and peas. Everything was
    good except the stuffing which had all kinds of [censored] in
    it (by [censored] I mean celery and carrots and stuff like that)
    that I hate in stuffing. And it was all sort of mushed up
    together in a way that you couldn't easily pick the stuff
    out. So, I can't wait until this weekend when I do my own
    turkey and make my Corn-Sausage Stuffing.

    Kate

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.