What were Ballan & Cunego really at?

earth_dweller said:
according to gazzetta, another control for the Lampre team took place at 7:30am following last night (early morning) testing. Damiano Cunego, Alessandro Ballan, Paolo Tiralongo, Patxi Vila, Marco Marzano e Marzio Bruseghin were tested.

They are definitely looking for something specific here.
Yes they do. Sylvester Smydz was not tested yesterday (but he was there and he was tested on Monday).

Lampre: Second blood test in three days

http://www.cyclingheroes.info/id1204.html

cyclingheroes said:
Yes they do. Sylvester Smydz was not tested yesterday (but he was there and he was tested on Monday).

Lampre: Second blood test in three days

http://www.cyclingheroes.info/id1204.html
Other reports say the late night tests were done by CONI and the morning test were done by the UCI. True? If so are they connected or just a coincidence?

Current rumors are that the Lampre tests were connected to an investigation of Cecchini and it may be linked to information from the Oil for Drugs case or from the Fuentes. This could get very interesting.

Bro Deal said:
Current rumors are that the Lampre tests were connected to an investigation of Cecchini and it may be linked to information from the Oil for Drugs case or from the Fuentes. This could get very interesting.
oil for drugs, that was in Cunego's first year, and would have been about Ballan's first year too, don't even know if he was a pro. He has a pretty rapid rise, as far as I know he was an unknown espoir.

thunder said:
oil for drugs, that was in Cunego's first year, and would have been about Ballan's first year too, don't even know if he was a pro. He has a pretty rapid rise, as far as I know he was an unknown espoir.
I'd say it's to do with Puerto, look at 3 riders that are known to have been involved, Ullrich, Basso & Hamilton, what do they all have in common? Cecchini.
Even others that were rumoured to be in it, Petacchi, was a client of Cecchini.
Amigo di Birillo (Schleck) would have used him as he was CSC's doctor.

maybe it's far fetched but, I think they may have got their training/doping plans from Cecchini and he referred them to Fuentes for the dope, thus Cecchini would never be fround in posession of any gear.