Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

What wheel profile...for crits and...?

Started by LouisN · · Last activity · 4 posts · 936 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
25 February 2007
Last activity
27 February 2007
Original author
LouisN
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
936
Views / 30 days
6
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi there,
    With all the wheel profiles out there, it's hard for me to follow up since I haven't trained or raced for 19 years(!!!) I'm back at it now but would like to have your advice on what type and profile of wheels to buy. I will mainly train for a maximum time of 2 to 3 hours on short distances (average distance per summer is 5000 km), mostly interval training. The races I will take part in are short and fast criteriums (30-50 km) and short road races (50-80 km).
    I'm 170 lbs for 5'10"
    The wheels will serve as my trainig AND racing wheels, so I can give up a hundred grams or two to get stronger wheels.
    Budget is around $250-300 USD.
    Thanks to all,
    LouisN

  2. If they are your only set of wheels, then you obviously need something that is both dependable and easily repaired in the event of a crash or mishap. If it were me, I would get the best hubs you can afford in that price range (Campy centaur or chorus? Ultegra if your drivetrain is Shimano?) built up with 14/15 spokes (32) and a decent set of rims (Open Pros, CXP 33s, FIR Zenith, Velocity, etc), and brass nipples. That would probably be more useful than any pre-built in that price range.

  3. Could you run to some Mavic Kysirium (even second hand)

  4. domaindomain said:

    Could you run to some Mavic Kysirium (even second hand)


    +1. For a couple of years I had only one set of wheels, Ksyrium Elites, picked up used for $225 USD. Raced them , trained hard on them. No problem whatsoever. Still in use today.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.