What will happen to thepaceline.com?

Bro Deal

Jun 26, 2006
Will it shut down and leave "fans" like musette, saluki, and bobke in a nightmare of withdrawal symptoms? Where will they get their offical spin and talking points from now on?

Another question: Will Disco fanboys switch their allegiance over to Team Borat or will they follow their jingoistic inner selves and go with Slipstream or even CSC?

on an Australian forum, some guy threatened to report me to the police for defamation, saying I could not say Armstrong doped.

He aslo threatened to tell everyone on Paceline, sort of like, a Republican goon squad, who would swoop in and hit the forum, and hack me.

thunder said:
on an Australian forum, some guy threatened to report me to the police for defamation, saying I could not say Armstrong doped.

He aslo threatened to tell everyone on Paceline, sort of like, a Republican goon squad, who would swoop in and hit the forum, and hack me.

Unless this guy's name is Lance he will have a hard time.

jhuskey said:
Unless this guy's name is Lance he will have a hard time.
I really could not give a ****, I was comfortable I did not defame the guy in question telling him he was an utter ****wit.

And it did not stop me from saying Armstrong doped. I know it is a civil code, and that guy was just behaving like the goon squad trying to intimidat.e The anecdote was just about Armstrong fanboi's and their extent to which they go, legality had nothing to do with it.

thunder said:

ROTFL! :D

thunder said:
They're only trying to "Do What Lance Would Do" and live out the Messiah's gospel that has been taught to them - which is that you can get anything you want in the world by threatening legal action.

Crankyfeet said:
They're only trying to "Do What Lance Would Do" and live out the Messiah's gospel that has been taught to them - which is that you can get anything you want in the world by threatening legal action.
funny thing is, most folks on the forum told him to **** off. That is aussies for you. We can spot ******** a mile off.

In Armstrongs case, about 10 thousand miles off. :D He sticks.

Bro Deal said:
Will it shut down and leave "fans" like musette, saluki, and bobke in a nightmare of withdrawal symptoms? Where will they get their offical spin and talking points from now on?

Another question: Will Disco fanboys switch their allegiance over to Team Borat or will they follow their jingoistic inner selves and go with Slipstream or even CSC?
I think Bobke put a shotgun in his mouth and pulled the trigger. A lot of those people have to now realize how impossible it was for Armstrong, clean, to beat doped riders.

I think that's why he got out of cycling. I think he wants to distance himself from it. He'll never be able to come back. The cleaner it gets the more his performances will be scrutinized.

You know, the thing of it is, he's such an egotistical pile of ****, you have to wonder what kind of person would pick him as their hero? I mean, what the ****? And here's the other thing: sadly, about half Americans really identify with his in-your-face ******** and buy off on his "I beat cancer and won the Tour" ****. For **** sake. Go back 18-24 months ago when all that Lance **** was at it's height. The level of stupidity on this site, much less paceline.com, was astounding. I went over to paceline ready to go off and I didn't even know where to begin. I just left and never went back.

I have a feeling, when the smoke clears a couple years after the Bush presidency, I'll have same righteous feelings. "Hey you bunch of ****ing morons, did you think it could possibly be true?"

helmutRoole2 said:
I think Bobke put a shotgun in his mouth and pulled the trigger. A lot of those people have to now realize how impossible it was for Armstrong, clean, to beat doped riders.

I think that's why he got out of cycling. I think he wants to distance himself from it. He'll never be able to come back. The cleaner it gets the more his performances will be scrutinized.

You know, the thing of it is, he's such an egotistical pile of ****, you have to wonder what kind of person would pick him as their hero? I mean, what the ****? And here's the other thing: sadly, about half Americans really identify with his in-your-face ******** and buy off on his "I beat cancer and won the Tour" ****. For **** sake. Go back 18-24 months ago when all that Lance **** was at it's height. The level of stupidity on this site, much less paceline.com, was astounding. I went over to paceline ready to go off and I didn't even know where to begin. I just left and never went back.

I have a feeling, when the smoke clears a couple years after the Bush presidency, I'll have same righteous feelings. "Hey you bunch of ****ing morons, did you think it could possibly be true?"
For the Lance lovers, there is so much of their ego invested and then there is the potential humiliation at admitting that they were wrong. Normal patterns of psychology would suggest none of them will let go of their hero without "Proof of God" type evidence. Though it seems they are beating their drum softer as the circumstantial stuff mounts.

So ....a doped LAnce was a better TDF rider then anyone in the history of the sport?????? I think so........ he made JU look like a German gone mad at a beer fest..... And JU stood heads above all the other riders.........
So we all agree LA was doped, but he still was the best we have ever seen in the TDF?

wolfix said:
So ....a doped LAnce was a better TDF rider then anyone in the history of the sport?????? I think so........ he made JU look like a German gone mad at a beer fest..... And JU stood heads above all the other riders.........
So we all agree LA was doped, but he still was the best we have ever seen in the TDF?
There's no denying that, he was the best responder to expert doping from Dr. Ferrari that has ever ridden perhaps. Unfortunately there is a lot riding on him persisting in his public denial though. And that is perhaps understandable, on a pure self-interest level, if one considers the ramifications to his reputation and endorsements if he came out with a doping confession tomorrow.

The question would be if no one was doped, would he still be the best rider?

Crankyfeet said:
For the Lance lovers, there is so much of their ego invested and then there is the potential humiliation at admitting that they were wrong. Normal patterns of psychology would suggest none of them will let go of their hero without "Proof of God" type evidence. Though it seems they are beating their drum softer as the circumstantial stuff mounts.
That's what I don't get, why is their ego wrapped up with the perceived personality of an ahtlete? I just don't get it.

Admiring someone for an acheivement is one thing and quite normal, but putting someone, a stranger, on a pedestal is just asking for trouble.

helmutRoole2 said:

At some point I saw the whole Armstrong idology as going hand in hand with what was going on in the country at that time. He was an American hero beating the **** out of the French at their own sport at a time when America hated the French for having the balls to say maybe we shouldn't invade Iraq because they didn't attack us on September 11th and posed no threat to us. We were hellbent on "spreading freedom" and Lance was dominant just as we knew we would be in Iraq. The problem is it was all Karl Rove's imagination and ploy to win re-election for the dumbest president in my life time. Armstrong was a fraud, Iraq was no threat to us. Saddam didn't have any connection to Al Queda because they are religious zealots that posed a threat to him. Armstrong allowed us to justify ignoring the rational analysis of the French and Germans on Iraq because he was telling them the obvious fact that Americans are just better and smarter than the rest of the world. At the end of the day, we have spent a trillion dollars and haven't caught Bin Laden. Our economy is in the toilet and I just spoke to somebody that spent the equivalent of $34 on a pizza in Europe. We've built support for the muslim extremeists and are probably less safe than we were 8 years ago.

What I don't understand is why Tony Blair fell for this ****.

Thank god Armstrong and Bush are about to be history. We deserve what we got because we blindly followed our patriotic hearts without using our brains.

Hey "No Positives" of JSull, what do you think? Or, I guess from your silence you must be the fair weather fans I always thought you were.

Sorry. I've held this in too long. I feel better now.

Frigo's Luggage said:
At some point I saw the whole Armstrong idology as going hand in hand with what was going on in the country at that time. He was an American hero beating the **** out of the French at their own sport at a time when America hated the French for having the balls to say maybe we shouldn't invade Iraq because they didn't attack us on September 11th and posed no threat to us. We were hellbent on "spreading freedom" and Lance was dominant just as we knew we would be in Iraq. The problem is it was all Karl Rove's imagination and ploy to win re-election for the dumbest president in my life time. Armstrong was a fraud, Iraq was no threat to us. Saddam didn't have any connection to Al Queda because they are religious zealots that posed a threat to him. Armstrong allowed us to justify ignoring the rational analysis of the French and Germans on Iraq because he was telling them the obvious fact that Americans are just better and smarter than the rest of the world. At the end of the day, we have spent a trillion dollars and haven't caught Bin Laden. Our economy is in the toilet and I just spoke to somebody that spent the equivalent of $34 on a pizza in Europe. We've built support for the muslim extremeists and are probably less safe than we were 8 years ago.

Thank god Armstrong and Bush are about to be history. We deserve what we got because we blindly followed our patriotic hearts without using our brains.

Hey "No Positives" of JSull, what do you think? Or, I guess from your silence you must be the fair weather fans I always thought you were.

And in the meantime Lance is enjoying the high life, his record shattering 7 TDF's wins still stand, and America has enjoyed the fact we have not had a terrorist attack on our soil in over 6 years.

While LAnce is raising millions for cancer rearch and hosting the ESPY's, other pro cyclist have to raise money for LAwyers to keep them out of German courts and prisons while the witchhunt in Europe is going on.

Sometimes life is just not fair.........

Frigo's Luggage said:

WOW you are so full of yourself....Few if any knew he was that powerful and mesmerizing