What will happen to thepaceline.com?

I've never been called a Liberal before. I am not entirely sure whether to feel insulted or praised.
Nevertheless, Bliar remains the most odious, corrupt and duplicitous PM since the 19th Century. And that is a pretty high bar.

Gregers said:
I've never been called a Liberal before. I am not entirely sure whether to feel insulted or praised.
Nevertheless, Bliar remains the most odious, corrupt and duplicitous PM since the 19th Century. And that is a pretty high bar.

.......he signed a £4.5m deal for his memoirs, according to todays papers.
The man has done untold damage to Britain.

limerickman said:
.......he signed a £4.5m deal for his memoirs, according to todays papers.
The man has done untold damage to Britain.
with a Newscorp publisher no doubt.

Will be on the News board within 5 years.

Frigo's Luggage said:
At some point I saw the whole Armstrong idology as going hand in hand with what was going on in the country at that time. He was an American hero beating the **** out of the French at their own sport at a time when America hated the French for having the balls to say maybe we shouldn't invade Iraq because they didn't attack us on September 11th and posed no threat to us. We were hellbent on "spreading freedom" and Lance was dominant just as we knew we would be in Iraq. The problem is it was all Karl Rove's imagination and ploy to win re-election for the dumbest president in my life time. Armstrong was a fraud, Iraq was no threat to us. Saddam didn't have any connection to Al Queda because they are religious zealots that posed a threat to him. Armstrong allowed us to justify ignoring the rational analysis of the French and Germans on Iraq because he was telling them the obvious fact that Americans are just better and smarter than the rest of the world. At the end of the day, we have spent a trillion dollars and haven't caught Bin Laden. Our economy is in the toilet and I just spoke to somebody that spent the equivalent of $34 on a pizza in Europe. We've built support for the muslim extremeists and are probably less safe than we were 8 years ago.

What I don't understand is why Tony Blair fell for this ****.

Thank god Armstrong and Bush are about to be history. We deserve what we got because we blindly followed our patriotic hearts without using our brains.

Hey "No Positives" of JSull, what do you think? Or, I guess from your silence you must be the fair weather fans I always thought you were.

Sorry. I've held this in too long. I feel better now.
Interesting analysis Frigo. And it wasn't just the French he was annihilating. I seem to remember Germany and Spain being part of the anti-Iraq invasion brigade and also getting their butts whipped in the TdF by Lance.

earth_dweller said:
That's what I don't get, why is their ego wrapped up with the perceived personality of an ahtlete? I just don't get it.

Admiring someone for an acheivement is one thing and quite normal, but putting someone, a stranger, on a pedestal is just asking for trouble.
Well I think the ego is wrapped up in their view of, and belief in the athlete. Once someone (a Lance fan) fights for a certain point of view, to change it is to admit defeat and that one is wrong. In a similar vein - I would think there are still neo-conservatives in the Bush administration who are convinced that Weapons of Mass Destruction still exist in Iraq, and that we just haven't been able to find them yet.

Crankyfeet said:
Interesting analysis Frigo. And it wasn't just the French he was annihilating. I seem to remember Germany and Spain being part of the anti-Iraq invasion brigade and also getting their butts whipped in the TdF by Lance.
Spain went in, and then got train bombed by an Al Qaeda cell before the elections that the previous conservative gov't lost, and the new gov't withdrew forces.