What will Tony Blair do with his 3rd term?

jaguar75

Apr 21, 2004
Do Britons think that TB will pull out of Iraq or will he address core issues in the UK? What do Britons want him to do?

jaguar75 said:
Do Britons think that TB will pull out of Iraq or will he address core issues in the UK? What do Britons want him to do?
Core issues in the UK. He hasn't mentioned Iraq.

It is worrying that the first thing is to expand the role of private medicine in the UK. The idea of a health service for profit isn't pleasant.

I do hope that he does stand down soon, and that somebody with more traditional labour values comes to the fore... like Gordon Brown (despite his words on Iraq) or Hilary Benn... or Robin Cook (he is an incredible intellect but lacks the physical image to win votes from that majority who go on a hunch).

I would hope the third term will end with a different leader, a better social policy, a greater alignment with France and Germany and a reduced role in Iraq.

Rafiki said:
It is worrying that the first thing is to expand the role of private medicine in the UK. The idea of a health service for profit isn't pleasant.

It sucks and the quality of private treatment ain't that great either. OTOH you get a comfier bed and better food, but quite frankly that's not much consolation when you are dead or disfigured.

Rafiki said:
I would hope the third term will end with a different leader, a better social policy, a greater alignment with France and Germany and a reduced role in Iraq.

Tony has made it pretty clear he'll be carry on doing the bidding of GWB. Anyone else noticed how our new legislation seems to be following the US legislation ? ... Terrorism Act, ID cards, Biometric Passports, and this week I see that we are passing bills concerning voting fraud... I didn't vote for GWB and I didn't vote for TB so it really blows to have GWB tell TB what legislation to impose on *me*.

FWIW Tony isn't a Poodle, he's more like a Golden Retriever. A guide dog for a blind-drunkard.