What would it take to convince you Armstrong is clean?

Ted B said:
The only one whining here is YOU. As for us horrible Americans, I seem to remember thousands upon thousands of horrible Americans giving their lives so that you could whine in French and not German.

Anyway, this is a cycling forum. We discuss cycling here.

yes I know this is a cycling forum, but your cruel words need attention.

you insult the soldiers of Europe that died fighting ****** by suggesting Americans alone rid the world of ******. millions of Europeans and Russians died fighting ******. no American monopoly on dying fighting the evil of Nazi. you did not fight Hilter until you felt threatened. better to fight him on Europe soil before he came to N. America. never suggest again that Americans alone rid the world of ****** or you insult all the dead Europeans.

limerickman said:
Jake,

You see Dermot - sorry DERMO ! - is a Lance Armstrong fan and he gets upset
when he reads someone giving another point of view.
If Dermot - sorry DERMO ! - had taken the time to read what I posted, he will know that I am taking statistical analysis and I am putting an opinion forward.
As I have said, none of us are with these guys 24/7 : so at the end of the day, we're only all offering opinions.

Dermot - sorry DERMOT - won't take me up on my invitation to meet me in Dublin this weekend when I am home for a cycle.
Which is a pity - cause we could discuss this and he might just see where I am coming from.

But Jake, we're all fans here and we're only putting our 2 cents worth.

Limerick/Dublinman,

Dont live in Dublin, but in the uk so I wont be taking up your invitation.

I am not a Lance Armstrong fan. I have though grown to respect his pre-eminence on a bike. My argument with you is to do with your slipshod and disingenuous arguments.

babylou said:
Your avatar gave you away.:D

Well now, babylou, you Americans are a bunch of devils aren't you? Never doing anything halfway, much to the chagrin of the rest of the world. :) Even in your mistakes, you are so entirely committed. As someone wise once said, Americans are the craziest bunch of devils on the planet.

paris_boy said:
yes I know this is a cycling forum, but your cruel words need attention.

Have a look at your own cruel, foul words before you accuse others for retaliation. We did not introduce politics and bashing of nationalities into a cycling forum.

YOU did.

paris_boy said:
no American monopoly on dying fighting the evil of Nazi.

Go to Normandy. Go to the American graveyard. A member of my family is buried there because he gave his life fighting in your country, for your country, for your freedom. I don't need you to give me any of your shortsighted political stupidity.

This is a forum for cycling.

Ted B said:
Have a look at your own cruel, foul words before you accuse others for retaliation. We did not introduce politics and bashing of nationalities into a cycling forum.

YOU did.

Go to Normandy. Go to the American graveyard. A member of my family is buried there because he gave his life fighting in your country, for your country, for your freedom. I don't need you to give me any of your shortsighted political stupidity.

This is a forum for cycling.

People from all nations fought at Normandy.

Britain held out from 1939-1941 against Germany - ditto Russia before America
joined the war (and that only happened after Pearl Harbour)

Ted B said:
A member of my family is buried there because he gave his life fighting in your country, for your country, for your freedom.

****** was a threat to the world not just France.

limerickman said:
People from all nations fought at Normandy.

No kidding?

The citizens of these other nations are not being bashed by P****-Boy in this thread.

craigstanton said:
Ah, emmm. Cycling, gentlemen. Please take your political quibbles to AOL.

Amen! They should just delete this entire thread! Ridiculous!

paris_boy said:
if all of you are typical Americans, it is easy to undersatnd why the world hates Americans!

I'm not american. I think you are a **** head.

paris_boy said:
is that the best you can do? oh, I see you are Australian-- never mind.
There is nary a moment in life where you can't quote or paraphrase The Simpsons:

Scorpio: Homer, what's your least favorite country: Italy or France?

Homer: France

Scorpio: [chuckling] Nobody ever says "Italy"

mojomarc said:
There is nary a moment in life where you can't quote or paraphrase The Simpsons:

Scorpio: Homer, what's your least favorite country: Italy or France?

Homer: France

Scorpio: [chuckling] Nobody ever says "Italy"

you Americans are very 2 face about France. you pretend to hate us but ask the average Yank where his dream vacation is and guess what the answer is? France of course. I see buses full of fat Yanks every summer clogging up the roads.

BTW, if you hate France why all the attention for TDF? why not the tour of toona or whatever you pretend is a stage race?

paris_boy said:
you Americans are very 2 face about France. you pretend to hate us but ask the average Yank where his dream vacation is and guess what the answer is? France of course. I see buses full of fat Yanks every summer clogging up the roads.

BTW, if you hate France why all the attention for TDF? why not the tour of toona or whatever you pretend is a stage race?
Oh, get over yourself and your silly little country. France isn't the dream vacation destination for Americans. When people talk about where they'd like to go on a lark if they had the money, they almost always say Hawaii. I think it has to do with the fact that the Hawaiians are generally gracious to guests.

As far as the TdF, that's easy: it's a great cycling race, not a French person.

mojomarc said:
Oh, get over yourself and your silly little country. France isn't the dream vacation destination for Americans. When people talk about where they'd like to go on a lark if they had the money, they almost always say Hawaii. I think it has to do with the fact that the Hawaiians are generally gracious to guests.

As far as the TdF, that's easy: it's a great cycling race, not a French person.

Hawaii? nothing but pineapples and grass-skirts!

France is the world's #1 tourism destination, get many more tourists than the US. Why? because France is full of beauty, art and sophistication. hard to find that in the US.

the TdF is a great cycling race because it is French-- this is why another race has never overtaken it as the greatest sporting event in the world.
you need the French to do things right.

paris_boy said:
Hawaii? nothing but pineapples and grass-skirts!

France is the world's #1 tourism destination, get many more tourists than the US. Why? because France is full of beauty, art and sophistication. hard to find that in the US.

the TdF is a great cycling race because it is French-- this is why another race has never overtaken it as the greatest sporting event in the world.
you need the French to do things right.
Tourism revenue by nation for year 2002:

United States: $80.7 billion
Spain: $36.7 billion
France: $33.5 billion
Italy: $29.0 billion
China: $19.9 billion (incl Hong Kong)

Proof right here: http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0922054.html

BTW: France is not even the most visited European destination for Americans. The UK is.

I do agree that we need the French to do things right. The rest of us will just have to be content with doing all the wrong things.

babylou said:
Tourism revenue by nation for year 2002:

United States: $80.7 billion
Spain: $36.7 billion
France: $33.5 billion
Italy: $29.0 billion
China: $19.9 billion (incl Hong Kong)

Proof right here: http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0922054.html

BTW: France is not even the most visited European destination for Americans. The UK is.

I do agree that we need the French to do things right. The rest of us will just have to be content with doing all the wrong things.

I said France is the world's #1 tourism destination

1. France
2.Spain
3.United States
4.Italy
5.China

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0198352.html