What would you do ptII

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Chris Eilbeck, Jan 25, 2006.

  1. Went for a look in my more distant LBS today. They said no, that's a
    good bike but you don't want that, you want this, this is more
    appropriate for what you want to do and your size/shape, and we'll
    have some in you can try out in a few weeks. Looks like option 2 was
    the best after all ;o) Peddlars in Worcester if you're interested.

    Cheers

    Chris
    --
    Chris Eilbeck

    Tags:

  2. John B

    John B Guest

    Chris Eilbeck wrote:

    > Went for a look in my more distant LBS today. They said no, that's a
    > good bike but you don't want that, you want this, this is more
    > appropriate for what you want to do and your size/shape, and we'll
    > have some in you can try out in a few weeks. Looks like option 2 was
    > the best after all ;o) Peddlars in Worcester if you're interested.

    A good call.
    Supporting the LBS is usualy best for service.

    Trouble is I'm now in the same position as you as I'm after a new bike
    for the growing son and online prices _are_ attractive :-(

    John B

  3. Bob Downie

    Bob Downie Guest

    In message <[email protected]>, John B <[email protected]>
    writes

    >Chris Eilbeck wrote:
    >
    >> Went for a look in my more distant LBS today. They said no, that's a
    >> good bike but you don't want that, you want this, this is more
    >> appropriate for what you want to do and your size/shape, and we'll
    >> have some in you can try out in a few weeks. Looks like option 2 was
    >> the best after all ;o) Peddlars in Worcester if you're interested.

    >A good call.
    >Supporting the LBS is usualy best for service.
    >
    >Trouble is I'm now in the same position as you as I'm after a new bike
    >for the growing son and online prices _are_ attractive :-(
    >
    >John B

    I've just bought my son a bike from the LBS. OK it was more expensive
    than online but they threw in free mudguards (fitted) and offer 2 free
    services. More than makes up for the higher price.

    Bob
    --
    Bob Downie
    Downie GeoScience Ltd.

  4. daren

    daren Guest

    John B wrote:

    > Trouble is I'm now in the same position as you as I'm after a new bike
    > for the growing son and online prices _are_ attractive :-(

    Certainly are:

    Giant TCR Junior list £399 (LBS)
    Giant TCR Junior Ebay £279 (Buy it now)

    I'm canvassing opinion on colour options (T-Mobile or green), something
    to lay down for the summer. Will probably be the only bike purchase of
    the year.

    Mind you I picked up a used steel Trek MT60 (see posts passim for
    merits of this fine velo) for a friend for the princely sum of £35 and
    delivered to Milton Keynes! From Durham! The mother is ecstatic and I
    shall be servicing it on Saturday.

    Not many used Junior TCR/Orbea/Trek kids road bikes out there at the
    moment though.

    regards,
    daren
    --