What would you do ptII

Chris Eilbeck

Guest
Went for a look in my more distant LBS today. They said no, that's a
good bike but you don't want that, you want this, this is more
appropriate for what you want to do and your size/shape, and we'll
have some in you can try out in a few weeks. Looks like option 2 was
the best after all ;o) Peddlars in Worcester if you're interested.

Cheers

Chris
--
Chris Eilbeck

Chris Eilbeck wrote:

> Went for a look in my more distant LBS today. They said no, that's a
> good bike but you don't want that, you want this, this is more
> appropriate for what you want to do and your size/shape, and we'll
> have some in you can try out in a few weeks. Looks like option 2 was
> the best after all ;o) Peddlars in Worcester if you're interested.

A good call.
Supporting the LBS is usualy best for service.

Trouble is I'm now in the same position as you as I'm after a new bike
for the growing son and online prices _are_ attractive :-(

John B

In message <[email protected]>, John B <[email protected]>
writes

>Chris Eilbeck wrote:
>
>> Went for a look in my more distant LBS today. They said no, that's a
>> good bike but you don't want that, you want this, this is more
>> appropriate for what you want to do and your size/shape, and we'll
>> have some in you can try out in a few weeks. Looks like option 2 was
>> the best after all ;o) Peddlars in Worcester if you're interested.

>A good call.
>Supporting the LBS is usualy best for service.
>
>Trouble is I'm now in the same position as you as I'm after a new bike
>for the growing son and online prices _are_ attractive :-(
>
>John B

I've just bought my son a bike from the LBS. OK it was more expensive
than online but they threw in free mudguards (fitted) and offer 2 free
services. More than makes up for the higher price.

Bob
--
Bob Downie
Downie GeoScience Ltd.

John B wrote:

> Trouble is I'm now in the same position as you as I'm after a new bike
> for the growing son and online prices _are_ attractive :-(

Certainly are:

Giant TCR Junior list £399 (LBS)
Giant TCR Junior Ebay £279 (Buy it now)

I'm canvassing opinion on colour options (T-Mobile or green), something
to lay down for the summer. Will probably be the only bike purchase of
the year.

Mind you I picked up a used steel Trek MT60 (see posts passim for
merits of this fine velo) for a friend for the princely sum of £35 and
delivered to Milton Keynes! From Durham! The mother is ecstatic and I
shall be servicing it on Saturday.

Not many used Junior TCR/Orbea/Trek kids road bikes out there at the
moment though.

regards,
daren
--