What ya think about this road bike?

Discussion in 'Bike buying advice' started by celia123, Nov 2, 2010.

1. celia123

celia123 New Member

Hi, there. What ya think about this 700C Schwinn Varsity Men's Road Bike ? My last road bike doesn't work so well. So I wanna move on to a new one now. My friend highly suggest me to go with this bike. It is said to have great performance. But I'm not sure for that. What's your opinion? To buy or not to buy?

Tags:

2. 64Paramount

64Paramount Active Member

Hi Celia.

I know you've mentioned it before, but what bike do you currently have?

3. cycleheimer

cycleheimer New Member

4. celia123

celia123 New Member

I'll check them soon. Thanks for your effort.

5. Froze

Froze Well-Known Member

If this is going to be your first bike into the foray of cycling then yes it's a good bike for that. Because if you later decide cycling's not for you didn't you didn't spend a mint for what will become garage art. But if you cycle a lot already that bike won't be up to the task over the long haul. There is a mail order place where you can find great bikes at great prices called Bikes Direct, see: http://www.bikesdirect.com/ Just go there and browse the extensive selection to see if you find something you like. At a $300 dollar level you will find a better bike then the Schwinn, but if you ride a lot you should considering upping the price at least $250 more, but if you ride very little then stay were your at price wise. Bikes Direct has the Motobecane Record for $549 which I've heard good reports on, or the Motobecane Mirage Sport for $399 if you want to spend less, both are Shimano Sora equipped.

Just thoughts and options for you to consider.

6. celia123

celia123 New Member

very nice inf for sure. Thanks for your efforts.

7. davereo

davereo Well-Known Member

+1 for bikesdirect. The Schwinn you listed appears to only be available in 55CM. All BD's bikes have a range of size offerings. It is important for you to purchase a bike that fits properly.