Whatever happened to Michael Rasmussen?

Kurgan Gringioni

Guest
Dumbasses -

Just curious.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

> On Feb 4, 11:04 pm, Kurgan Gringioni <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Dumbasses -
> >
> > Just curious.
> >
> > thanks,
> >
> > K. Gringioni.

> He's in Mexico.

That's "New Italy" around here.

--
tanx,
Howard

Whatever happened to
Leon Trotsky?
He got an icepick
That made his ears burn.
But I've already got a pitchfork...

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
> Just curious.

There was a tv documentary on him just the other day. He's living in
Italy, training a few hours every day and preparing a law suit against
his former employer. There was an arranged meeting between him and
Cassani; there were awfully nice to each other. Rasmussen fully admits
that he lied about where he was (not in Mexico but Pyrenees with
Menchov and a soigneur, later Italy where he ran into Cassani) but
contends that team management always knew. That part was convincing.
There was not one question about /why/ he lied, though. Apparently
it's personal.

Conversation with MR is in English:
http://player.omroep.nl/?aflID=6437061 (I'm afraid it needs IE)

On Tue, 05 Feb 2008 08:58:11 +0100, Ted van de Weteringe
<[email protected]> wrote:

>There was not one question about /why/ he lied, though. Apparently
>it's personal.

Is "personal" the new "motivated"?

Kurgan Gringioni a écrit profondement:

| Dumbasses -
|

| Just curious.

Max van Heeswijk, who used to ride for RobberBank, has said publicly
tha "Everyone knew" that Rasmussen was not in Mexico

And Davide Cassani has apologized to Rasmussen for blowing the whistle

Anyway, the UCI had apparently concluded their investigation and sent
their findings to the Monaco Federation where Rasmussen is/was
registered.

The Monaco Federation says it has not received anything from the UCI

--
Davey Crockett
-

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
> On Tue, 05 Feb 2008 08:58:11 +0100, Ted van de Weteringe
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> There was not one question about /why/ he lied, though. Apparently
>> it's personal.

> Is "personal" the new "motivated"?

It's super personal.

Bob Schwartz

On Feb 5, 3:20 am, John Forrest Tomlinson <[email protected]>
wrote:
> On Tue, 05 Feb 2008 08:58:11 +0100, Ted van de Weteringe
>
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> >There was not one question about /why/ he lied, though. Apparently
> >it's personal.

> Is "personal" the new "motivated"?

I always assumed he lied because he didn't want his wife to know where
he was. Funny, but he'd rather incur the wrath of UCI/WADA than his
wife, if that's true.

On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 09:10:19 -0800 (PST), Scott
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Feb 5, 3:20 am, John Forrest Tomlinson <[email protected]>
>wrote:
>> On Tue, 05 Feb 2008 08:58:11 +0100, Ted van de Weteringe
>>
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>> >There was not one question about /why/ he lied, though. Apparently
>> >it's personal.

>> Is "personal" the new "motivated"?

>I always assumed he lied because he didn't want his wife to know where
>he was. Funny, but he'd rather incur the wrath of UCI/WADA than his
>wife, if that's true.

That's kind of cool, actually.

On Feb 5, 6:49 pm, John Forrest Tomlinson <[email protected]>
wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 09:10:19 -0800 (PST), Scott
>
> >I always assumed he lied because he didn't want his wife to know where
> >he was. Funny, but he'd rather incur the wrath of UCI/WADA than his
> >wife, if that's true.

> That's kind of cool, actually.

Or terrifying...depending on the wife.

On Feb 7, 8:24 am, RicodJour <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Feb 5, 6:49 pm, John Forrest Tomlinson <[email protected]>
> wrote:
> > On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 09:10:19 -0800 (PST), Scott

> > >I always assumed he lied because he didn't want his wife to know where
> > >he was. Funny, but he'd rather incur the wrath of UCI/WADA than his
> > >wife, if that's true.

> > That's kind of cool, actually.

> Or terrifying...depending on the wife.

IIRC, Rasmussen's wife is Mexican. I don't know
if she was in Mexico at the time, and of course it's
a big country, but it seems unlikely that he would
tell her he was going to Mexico-of-all-places and
then take off for Italy. Too easily found out.
He could have said he was going to Snake Alley
to train for the Nevada City Classic if he wanted
to get away from the wife safely. Mexico sounds
like it was intended to fool somebody other than
his wife.

Ben

In article
<b7126007-d5be-4923-bf3f-4390fa235a61@i29g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,

> On Feb 7, 8:24 am, RicodJour <[email protected]> wrote:
> > On Feb 5, 6:49 pm, John Forrest Tomlinson <[email protected]>
> > wrote:
> > > On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 09:10:19 -0800 (PST), Scott

> > > That's kind of cool, actually.

> > Or terrifying...depending on the wife.

> IIRC, Rasmussen's wife is Mexican. I don't know
> if she was in Mexico at the time, and of course it's
> a big country, but it seems unlikely that he would
> tell her he was going to Mexico-of-all-places and
> then take off for Italy. Too easily found out.
> He could have said he was going to Snake Alley
> to train for the Nevada City Classic if he wanted
> to get away from the wife safely. Mexico sounds
> like it was intended to fool somebody other than
> his wife.

Nothing like facts to ruin a good story.

--
Michael Press