whatever happened to

lyotard

May 3, 2005
the bloody 'box civility, seems of late, the best we are offered are a rather boring series of pithy putdowns interspersed with lengthy ramblings from self appointed would-be authority figures.

any chance of others desiring a trend back toward kinder times as well?
y'know, actual debate of merit?
i do realize it has always been a mixed bag here as it shoud be, but just look at what is getting 'tossed round here,
then let us know if room for improvement is felt.
Anyone?

There was this big theme of the Iraq war that stretches back for months, even years. This one theme certainly caused the most mind-boggling rants and arguments you're likely to find anywhere. I guess about 10 different posters fell out big time over that topic with calls for certain folks to be banned and counter banned e.t.c. e.t.c.
Then you have my post on fundamentalism that was partly tongue in cheek but maybe was a bad idea on reflexion.
Wurm's "Bush attacked the twin towers" thread has probably run its course by now too and exhausted itself. The posts hang in a state of suspension and grow a few cobwebs as the weeks role by.
At any rate, yes, I'm open to suggestions. In a certain sense I enjoyed all those former rants about Bush, Israel, Palestinians, Iraq and what have you but maybe those threads have just ran flat after so many months. Even Madonna has had her day.

lyotard said:
the bloody 'box civility, seems of late, the best we are offered are a rather boring series of pithy putdowns interspersed with lengthy ramblings from self appointed would-be authority figures.

any chance of others desiring a trend back toward kinder times as well?
y'know, actual debate of merit?
i do realize it has always been a mixed bag here as it shoud be, but just look at what is getting 'tossed round here,
then let us know if room for improvement is felt.
Anyone?

Carrera said:
Wurm's "Bush attacked the twin towers" thread has probably run its course by now too and exhausted itself. The posts hang in a state of suspension and grow a few cobwebs as the weeks role by.
By personalizing it, you just proved lyo's point.

Carrera said:
The posts hang in a state of suspension and grow a few cobwebs as the weeks role by.
...because no one yet has offered a plausible, realistic, or factual answer to the questions I posed there.