What's a standard price one would expect to pay for a Gaint CRX1 07 model ??

NoBallsNoGlory

Jun 14, 2006
My LBS has sold out of the 06 range and are now stocking the 07.
I missed the clearance sale of the 06 range and the 07 is now sold pretty much at retail cost.

The 07 is listed @ 1490$

The most discount they can give me is about 75$, so come down to about 1420.

Is this an ok price to pay? considering they throwing in the standard free service etc.. and they are local.

Or should I try and find a better deal on the net and get it delivered. What is the lowest price I can realistically get it for ?

Also how does the Trek Hybrid range compare with the CRX line in terms of value for money and quality ? The CRX's seem to have composite parts, 10 x2 speed too. where as the Treks in the same price range don't and have 9-speeds, but they do have a disc brakes. Who makes the lighter bike in this pricerange ?

thanks..

I phoned one LBS a couple of weeks back and was given these as "expected" street prices:

CRX 0 (Disc Brake) $1999
CRX 1 (I didn't ask)
CRX City (Nexus gears) $899
CRX 3 (I didn't ask)
CRX 2W (Ladies bike) $1050
CRX 4W (Ladies bike) $525

See http://www.cyclingforums.com/t342987.html the 2007 Giants topic in the Aus Forum for comments. :)

NoBallsNoGlory said:
My LBS has sold out of the 06 range and are now stocking the 07.
I missed the clearance sale of the 06 range and the 07 is now sold pretty much at retail cost.

The 07 is listed @ 1490$

The most discount they can give me is about 75$, so come down to about 1420.

Is this an ok price to pay? considering they throwing in the standard free service etc.. and they are local.

Or should I try and find a better deal on the net and get it delivered. What is the lowest price I can realistically get it for ?

Also how does the Trek Hybrid range compare with the CRX line in terms of value for money and quality ? The CRX's seem to have composite parts, 10 x2 speed too. where as the Treks in the same price range don't and have 9-speeds, but they do have a disc brakes. Who makes the lighter bike in this pricerange ?

thanks..

Try another Giant dealer!

Little Jackie said:
Try another Giant dealer!
You think someone could go substentially lower then $1400AUD for a CRX-1 2007 model? Enough so as to justify dealing with an E-shop or a non-local bikeshop ?

NoBallsNoGlory said:
You think someone could go substentially lower then $1400AUD for a CRX-1 2007 model? Enough so as to justify dealing with an E-shop or a non-local bikeshop ?

I don't shop online, but usually ring or visit a few bike shops. There are plenty of Giant dealers around!

NoBallsNoGlory said:
From my calcs, $1399 should be the street price.

I've been shopping for a CRX-1 recently and have found that 'over the phone' lbs are reluctant to discuss their "best price". If you rock up in person (and ready to hand over the $ there and then) then expect 10-15% off retail If they say no, then take your buiness somewhere else. Too Easy !!!:D