What's everyone doing for Christmas?

JD wrote:
> Marz wrote:
>> JD wrote:
>>>
>>> If I don't throw my leg over a bike every day, something is terribly
>>> wrong.
>>>
>>> JD

>> Do you sleep with your bike?

> Only if I'm wearing body armor.

Kinky

On 20 Dec 2006 20:14:46 -0800, "Giant Yukon MTB Girl"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>OK: JD you're probably riding, right? {But mebbe that's what I'll do
>if the snow holds off (which it has, it'll be a green Christmas here I
>think)}
>
>Matt, will you run or ski - do you have snow? I guess that will be the
>deciding factor for you.
>
>If no snow, I'll go for a ride around the downtown first instead of
>driving to my destination. It's eerily quiet on the streets here on
>holidays such as Christmas, so very safe where traffic is concerned
>until I can reach the trails. I've got my dogs some special rawhides
>to enjoy while I'm out, courtesy of "Grandma" back home who sent
>everyone cards and a little "something" this year as usual.
>
>I'm tossing the idea around to decorate the home for Christmas or not.
>I've got some new furniture recently and have got the place just as I
>want it now; if I decorate, it'll be lights up for sure to start. I
>may still paint the place, I've got a nice Brick Red shade picked out,
>to go nicely with the black leather couch. Since it's four days off in
>a row, I could get lots of painting done. I have some girlfriends in
>the building now who I now visit regularly and vice versa: I may cook
>a turkey or cornish hen or maybe just have some nice Atlantic Salmon
>(gotta get those Omega 3's!). I would miss the stuffing though, and a
>little gravy.
>
>I'll call my family back home and friends there and abroad. Then
>probably watch some movies, It's a Wonderful LIfe, the slightly corny
>sappy one with James Stewart, but a tradition nonetheless. Maybe play
>Pitfall Harry on the Xbox too. Oh, and I got some nice Pinot Noir from
>one of the guys at work, knows I prefer that or Shiraz wines. I'll
>enjoy that in between some sips of Brandy Icewine (that stuff is soooo
>good). No, I'm not getting drunk and dehydrated. But hey, it's
>Christmas, time to celebrate!
>
>Anyone else??
>

>Tomorrow will be the shortest day of the year, then it's longer days!
>
>"The people who mind don't matter and the people that matter don't
>mind...."

Spending a few hours delivering meals for Meals on Wheels. Then the
rest of the day, family time!

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!!!

tom

On Dec 21, 9:36 pm, Tom The Great <[email protected]> wrote:
> On 20 Dec 2006 20:14:46 -0800, "Giant Yukon MTB Girl"
>

> <[email protected]> wrote:
> >OK: JD you're probably riding, right? {But mebbe that's what I'll do
> >if the snow holds off (which it has, it'll be a green Christmas here I
> >think)}

> >Matt, will you run or ski - do you have snow? I guess that will be the
> >deciding factor for you.

> >If no snow, I'll go for a ride around the downtown first instead of
> >driving to my destination. It's eerily quiet on the streets here on
> >holidays such as Christmas, so very safe where traffic is concerned
> >until I can reach the trails. I've got my dogs some special rawhides
> >to enjoy while I'm out, courtesy of "Grandma" back home who sent
> >everyone cards and a little "something" this year as usual.

> >I'm tossing the idea around to decorate the home for Christmas or not.
> >I've got some new furniture recently and have got the place just as I
> >want it now; if I decorate, it'll be lights up for sure to start. I
> >may still paint the place, I've got a nice Brick Red shade picked out,
> >to go nicely with the black leather couch. Since it's four days off in
> >a row, I could get lots of painting done. I have some girlfriends in
> >the building now who I now visit regularly and vice versa: I may cook
> >a turkey or cornish hen or maybe just have some nice Atlantic Salmon
> >(gotta get those Omega 3's!). I would miss the stuffing though, and a
> >little gravy.

> >I'll call my family back home and friends there and abroad. Then
> >probably watch some movies, It's a Wonderful LIfe, the slightly corny
> >sappy one with James Stewart, but a tradition nonetheless. Maybe play
> >Pitfall Harry on the Xbox too. Oh, and I got some nice Pinot Noir from
> >one of the guys at work, knows I prefer that or Shiraz wines. I'll
> >enjoy that in between some sips of Brandy Icewine (that stuff is soooo
> >good). No, I'm not getting drunk and dehydrated. But hey, it's
> >Christmas, time to celebrate!

> >Anyone else??

> >Tomorrow will be the shortest day of the year, then it's longer days!

> >"The people who mind don't matter and the people that matter don't
> >mind...."Spending a few hours delivering meals for Meals on Wheels. Then the

> rest of the day, family time!
>
> Merry Christmas Everyone!!!!!
>
> tom- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

OK today is officially the busiest shopping day ever, the Friday before
Christmas. So guys, if you love and appreciate your girls (mom
included) then think of something nice and deliver. Don't just promise
things like spa certificates or give them a 20 now and then, really
think about what they like and what would make them happy (besides some
quality time with you of course) and come through. Don't have to spend
alot, just know them well enough to appreciate them. It's Christmas
and it's a time for giving, your thoughts of them come through in what
you give. You know they deserve it! And I'll bet many of them have
given to you all through the year - done your biking laundry (phew) and
cleaned up after you in all ways. You know it too!

Stay tuned for whether I get to ride on Christmas; Christmas Eve is now
going to be a major cleaning day at my household as I may be getting
some company...my doggies may get more than a rawhide each and get some
playmates instead.

MTBG

> Ed Pirrero wrote:
>> GeeDubb wrote:
>> > "Marz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> > news:[email protected]...

>> > Not now that he's got a bigger place.......
>> >
>> > and what's wrong with sleeping with your bike?

>> Are you saying that chain lube works on stuff other than chains?
>>
>> Hmmm.
>>
>> E.P.

> It depends on whether it is a wet lube or dry lube...
>
> JD

ah, a coupla those....not that theres anything wrong with that....

"Giant Yukon MTB Girl" <[email protected]> wrote in message So guys,
if you love and appreciate your girls (mom
> included) then think of something nice and deliver. Don't just promise
> things like spa certificates or give them a 20 now and then, really
> think about what they like and what would make them happy (besides some
> quality time with you of course) and come through. Don't have to spend
> alot, just know them well enough to appreciate them. It's Christmas
> and it's a time for giving, your thoughts of them come through in what
> you give. You know they deserve it! And I'll bet many of them have
> given to you all through the year - done your biking laundry (phew) and
> cleaned up after you in all ways. You know it too!

My guy already knows that bike stuff makes me happy.

ps

On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 09:40:37 -0800, small change wrote:

> "Giant Yukon MTB Girl" <[email protected]> wrote in message So guys,
> if you love and appreciate your girls (mom
>> included) then think of something nice and deliver. Don't just promise
>> things like spa certificates or give them a 20 now and then, really
>> think about what they like and what would make them happy (besides some
>> quality time with you of course) and come through. Don't have to spend
>> alot, just know them well enough to appreciate them. It's Christmas
>> and it's a time for giving, your thoughts of them come through in what
>> you give. You know they deserve it! And I'll bet many of them have
>> given to you all through the year - done your biking laundry (phew) and
>> cleaned up after you in all ways. You know it too!
>>

> My guy already knows that bike stuff makes me happy.
>
> ps

Wifey does for me too! :) (Good Wife).

JD wrote:
> Ed Pirrero wrote:
>
>>GeeDubb wrote:
>>
>>>"Marz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>news:[email protected]...

>>>Not now that he's got a bigger place.......
>>>
>>>and what's wrong with sleeping with your bike?

>>Are you saying that chain lube works on stuff other than chains?
>>
>>Hmmm.
>>
>>E.P.

> It depends on whether it is a wet lube or dry lube...
>
> JD

There's always a hot wax treatment...

Corvus Corvax wrote:
> Giant Yukon MTB Girl wrote:
>
>>Anyone else??

> I have always thought that the best way to show gratitude for one's
> good fortune is to celebrate! I will be eating good food and drinking
> good beer in the company of family and friends.
>
> And instead of joining the orgy of consumer spending, I'm skipping the
> plasma TV and the diamond bracelets and giving to those who work to
> make the world a better place. Some of my choices:
>
> http://www.habitat.org/
> http://www.amnesty.org/
> http://www.eff.org/
>
> Feliz Navidad!
>
> CC
>
> And remember, Maryam in the Book; when she went a part from her family
> towards a place in the east.
>
> Then she put a screen away from them, then We sent Our spiritual
> towards her, and he appeared before her in the shape of healthy man.
>
> She said, 'I beg refuge of the Most Affectionate from you if you are
> afraid of God'.
>
> He said, 'I am only a messenger of your Lord. That I may give you a
> pure son'.
>
> She said, 'from where shall I have a son, no man has touched me, nor I
> am an unchaste?
>
> He said, 'so it is, your Lord has said, this is easy to me', and that
> We make it a sign for the people and a mercy from Us, and this matter
> is already decreed.
>
> Now Maryam conceived it, then she went away with him to a far off
> place.
>
> Then the pains of the childbirth brought her to the trunk of a
> palm-tree. She said, Oh, would that I had died before this and had
> become a thing forgotten, lost'.
>
> Then one called from underneath her, grieve not undoubtedly, your Lord
> has caused to flow a rivulet below you.
>
> And shake towards yourself holding the trunk of the palm tree, fresh
> and ripe dates will fall upon you.
>
> Then eat and drink and Cool your eyes; then if you see any man, then
> say, 'I have vowed a fast to the Most Affectionate, so I shall not
> speak to anyone today'.
>
> Then she brought him to her people taking him in her lap. They said,
> 'no 'doubt, you have committed a very vile thing.'
>
> 'O sister of Haroon! your father was not a wicked man and nor was your
> mother an unchaste woman.
>
> Then Maryam pointed towards the child. They said, how could we talk to
> him who is a baby in the cradle'.
>
> The baby said, 'I am a bondman of Allah, He gave me the Book and made
> me the communicator of unseen news (the Prophet).
>
> And he made me blessed wherever I may be and enjoined on me prayer and
> poor due (Zakat) so long as I live.
>
> And dutiful to my mother and not made me vigorous, unfortunate.
>
> And the same peace on me the day I was born and the day I die and the
> day I am raised alive.
>
> This is Iesa the son of Maryam, a word of truth in which they doubt.
>
> (Sura 19:16-34)

So what's the punchline?

Matt

Giant Yukon MTB Girl wrote:
> OK: JD you're probably riding, right? {But mebbe that's what I'll do
> if the snow holds off (which it has, it'll be a green Christmas here I
> think)}
>
> Matt, will you run or ski - do you have snow? I guess that will be the
> deciding factor for you.

I'm hoping to ski. The snow has arrived. It was great yesterday.
There will also be the standard eating, drinking, and merriment as well.

<http://tinyurl.com/y459a7/img_0232%20(2).jpg>
<http://tinyurl.com/y459a7/img_0236%20(2).jpg>
<http://tinyurl.com/y459a7/img_0241.jpg>
<http://tinyurl.com/y459a7/img_0257.jpg>

Matt

"MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Giant Yukon MTB Girl wrote:
>> OK: JD you're probably riding, right? {But mebbe that's what I'll do
>> if the snow holds off (which it has, it'll be a green Christmas here I
>> think)}
>>
>> Matt, will you run or ski - do you have snow? I guess that will be the
>> deciding factor for you.
>>

> I'm hoping to ski. The snow has arrived. It was great yesterday.
> There will also be the standard eating, drinking, and merriment as well.
>
> <http://tinyurl.com/y459a7/img_0232%20(2).jpg>
> <http://tinyurl.com/y459a7/img_0236%20(2).jpg>
> <http://tinyurl.com/y459a7/img_0241.jpg>
> <http://tinyurl.com/y459a7/img_0257.jpg>
>
> Matt

Awesome....do you ski powder with the telemark skis? gotta try that some
year.

Gary

MattB wrote:
> Corvus Corvax wrote:
> >
> > (Sura 19:16-34)

> So what's the punchline?

....and so Jesus said, "You should have seen the duck!"

CC

"Corvus Corvax" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> MattB wrote:
>> Corvus Corvax wrote:
>> >
>> > (Sura 19:16-34)

>> So what's the punchline?

> ...and so Jesus said, "You should have seen the duck!"
>
> CC

How do you know? Were you there?

What kind of duck?

Gary (duck and cover)

GeeDubb wrote:

> "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>> Giant Yukon MTB Girl wrote:
>>
>>> OK: JD you're probably riding, right? {But mebbe that's what I'll do
>>> if the snow holds off (which it has, it'll be a green Christmas here I
>>> think)}
>>>
>>> Matt, will you run or ski - do you have snow? I guess that will be the
>>> deciding factor for you.
>>>

>> I'm hoping to ski. The snow has arrived. It was great yesterday.
>> There will also be the standard eating, drinking, and merriment as well.
>>
>> <http://tinyurl.com/y459a7/img_0232%20(2).jpg>
>> <http://tinyurl.com/y459a7/img_0236%20(2).jpg>
>> <http://tinyurl.com/y459a7/img_0241.jpg>
>> <http://tinyurl.com/y459a7/img_0257.jpg>
>>
>> Matt

> Awesome....do you ski powder with the telemark skis? gotta try that
> some year.
>
> Gary

Absolutely! Powder on teles is the best. I've been selling off my Alpine
gear. But _learning_ to tele is truly humbling. It's good for the soul.

Matt

PS - heading up shortly: new steeps opening for the first time this
season today will be deeeeep!

"MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> GeeDubb wrote:
>>
>> "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>>> I'm hoping to ski. The snow has arrived. It was great yesterday.
>>> There will also be the standard eating, drinking, and merriment as well.
>>>
>>> <http://tinyurl.com/y459a7/img_0232%20(2).jpg>
>>> <http://tinyurl.com/y459a7/img_0236%20(2).jpg>
>>> <http://tinyurl.com/y459a7/img_0241.jpg>
>>> <http://tinyurl.com/y459a7/img_0257.jpg>
>>>
>>> Matt

>> Awesome....do you ski powder with the telemark skis? gotta try that some
>> year.
>>
>> Gary

> Absolutely! Powder on teles is the best. I've been selling off my Alpine
> gear. But _learning_ to tele is truly humbling. It's good for the soul.
>
> Matt
>
> PS - heading up shortly: new steeps opening for the first time this season
> today will be deeeeep!

yep, I find powder is easier on tele skis than the regular stuff.

We are doing the ski/eat thing on Xmas day. My three guys are patrolling (
best day of the year) and I'm helping with the cooking for the "family"
potluck feast. Unfortunately skiing did not agree with my cervical strain
from the car accident, so I'm laying off the boards for right now. I skied
ten runs on groomer a couple of weeks and it put me back to where I was in
August. ****. Funny how biking made it feel better and skiing makes it
feel worse. Anyway, Xmas is a great day to be on the hill with our ski
patrol family. The snow is going to be great, everyone is in a good mood, no
people up there to deal with and it's a fun day.

ps

small change wrote:
> "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>GeeDubb wrote:
>>
>>>"MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>news:[email protected]...

>>>Awesome....do you ski powder with the telemark skis? gotta try that some
>>>year.
>>>
>>>Gary

>>Absolutely! Powder on teles is the best. I've been selling off my Alpine
>>gear. But _learning_ to tele is truly humbling. It's good for the soul.
>>
>>Matt
>>
>>PS - heading up shortly: new steeps opening for the first time this season
>>today will be deeeeep!

> yep, I find powder is easier on tele skis than the regular stuff.

Yeah, having that bigger footprint seems to help with off the back and
over the bars kinds of situations.

> We are doing the ski/eat thing on Xmas day. My three guys are patrolling (
> best day of the year) and I'm helping with the cooking for the "family"
> potluck feast. Unfortunately skiing did not agree with my cervical strain
> from the car accident, so I'm laying off the boards for right now. I skied
> ten runs on groomer a couple of weeks and it put me back to where I was in
> August. ****. Funny how biking made it feel better and skiing makes it
> feel worse. Anyway, Xmas is a great day to be on the hill with our ski
> patrol family. The snow is going to be great, everyone is in a good mood, no
> people up there to deal with and it's a fun day.
>
> ps

Sorry to hear you're out of commission. Hopefully you'll be back out
there again soon!
Have a great Christmas!

Matt

GeeDubb wrote:

> "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>> Giant Yukon MTB Girl wrote:
>>
>>> OK: JD you're probably riding, right? {But mebbe that's what I'll do
>>> if the snow holds off (which it has, it'll be a green Christmas here I
>>> think)}
>>>
>>> Matt, will you run or ski - do you have snow? I guess that will be the
>>> deciding factor for you.
>>>

>> I'm hoping to ski. The snow has arrived. It was great yesterday.
>> There will also be the standard eating, drinking, and merriment as well.
>>
>> <http://tinyurl.com/y459a7/img_0232%20(2).jpg>
>> <http://tinyurl.com/y459a7/img_0236%20(2).jpg>
>> <http://tinyurl.com/y459a7/img_0241.jpg>
>> <http://tinyurl.com/y459a7/img_0257.jpg>
>>
>> Matt

> Awesome....do you ski powder with the telemark skis? gotta try that
> some year.
>
> Gary

In fact, here's a little clip of tele powder bumps from last spring.
Good stuff!
<http://tinyurl.com/u2vzj>

Matt

"MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> GeeDubb wrote:
>>
>> "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>>> I'm hoping to ski. The snow has arrived. It was great yesterday.
>>> There will also be the standard eating, drinking, and merriment as well.
>>>
>>> <http://tinyurl.com/y459a7/img_0232%20(2).jpg>
>>> <http://tinyurl.com/y459a7/img_0236%20(2).jpg>
>>> <http://tinyurl.com/y459a7/img_0241.jpg>
>>> <http://tinyurl.com/y459a7/img_0257.jpg>
>>>
>>> Matt

>> Awesome....do you ski powder with the telemark skis? gotta try that some
>> year.
>>
>> Gary

> In fact, here's a little clip of tele powder bumps from last spring.
> Good stuff!
> <http://tinyurl.com/u2vzj>
>
> Matt

Nice, especially that little "air" moment. I may have to invest (read rent)
in some "more" ski stuff. I just got (year before last) new boots, bindings
and skis (it was a good snow year) but telemark would be a new experience
for me.

The SO is getting bites on her resumes in Montrose but I'm getting a big fat
donut so far.

think snow

Gary

GeeDubb wrote:

> "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>> GeeDubb wrote:
>>

>>> "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]...

>>> Awesome....do you ski powder with the telemark skis? gotta try that
>>> some year.
>>>
>>> Gary

>> In fact, here's a little clip of tele powder bumps from last spring.
>> Good stuff!
>> <http://tinyurl.com/u2vzj>
>>
>> Matt

> Nice, especially that little "air" moment. I may have to invest (read
> rent) in some "more" ski stuff. I just got (year before last) new
> boots, bindings and skis (it was a good snow year) but telemark would be
> a new experience for me.
>
> The SO is getting bites on her resumes in Montrose but I'm getting a big
> fat donut so far.
>
> think snow
>
> Gary

Cool. Good luck. I have loaner skis but you'd need to come up with
boots. But new skis would be better. Prepare for a thorough beating if
you ant to learn the turn.

Matt

NotaKnob wrote:
> I'm going to fulfill my longtime dream of running all three taps on my
> Paulener beer tower. American Amber, Kolsch and an Alt are the flavors
> of the month.

Heavenly, simply heavenly...gotta love the Kolsch...

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

NotaKnob wrote:
> Giant Yukon MTB Girl wrote:
> > OK: JD you're probably riding, right? {But mebbe that's what I'll do
> > if the snow holds off (which it has, it'll be a green Christmas here I
> > think)}

> I'm going to fulfill my longtime dream of running all three taps on my
> Paulener beer tower. American Amber, Kolsch and an Alt are the flavors
> of the month.
>
> Maybe a quick ride out at Red or White Mesa, in the afternoon if things
> aren't too sloppy. Otherwise it'll be an early ride before things
> melt.
>
> Bruce

Beer Tower! Now THAT's something to pray to.

I spent Xmas as most NY Jews do: smoking crack, chowing on Chinese
food, watching movies on the tube and "Metalocalypse" on youtube, and
conspiring with the Zionist media agenda.

Oh, and building a garbage-picked junker bike for my pal Dan (I'm
labelling it "Mannah"), An old Ross MTB-style cruiser frame, brazed.
Threw on a coaster brake, a rusty front basket, and took it out for a
shakedown. In this grudging time of enforced mirth, it's a perfect
slice of heaven.

/s