What's everyone's personal TT record?

memphiscyclist

Dec 19, 2003
I'm just curious to know what everyone's hour record is and how long it took you to get to that level. Mine is only 22 miles as of now, but I have only been riding seriously for a year or so. If you haven't tried the hour, what's your time trial record of any distance?

I'll estimate I would only be around 16-18 miles (judging by shorter distances that I've timed myself)

Not making excuses, but I always was burned out for the district TT race (40k - 24.8 miles). My best for that was 1:03.xx. That was my best timed individual race ........

But that was 5 years ago. I can barely average 19 right now on a flat ride.

On my daily 20 mile loop I can usually finish in a little less than an hour. It's somewhat flat, but with 2 large hills I have to climb at the beginning and end. On a nice long flat section of my longer 50 mile rides I can average about 23-25 mph for an hour or so.

Originally posted by memphiscyclist
I'm just curious to know what everyone's hour record is and how long it took you to get to that level. Mine is only 22 miles as of now, but I have only been riding seriously for a year or so. If you haven't tried the hour, what's your time trial record of any distance?

24.8 mi in 57:20

The best I've done is a 46km (28.75m) time trial in the wind at almost exactly 40kph (25mph). If I hadn't stopped to pull a bee sting out of my head, I might have done better. I wish I could train more often!

Originally posted by tafi 54.50 is an impressive time!
Yes, very much so, but not that uncommon in England. Don't forget that TTs are run on public roads, often dual carriageways with heavy traffic. Lots of wind assistance. Even so, a 54 is a very impressive time; in context, the national record is held by (guess who) Chris Boardman 45.57. Not a misprint, and the courses are measured very accurately indeed.

Also remember that there are hundreds of racing cyclists who compete in nothing but ITTs week in, week out.