What's for Breakfast?

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Dog3, Mar 5, 2004.

  1. Dog3

    Dog3 Guest

    I'm having a sausage casserole I made last night and put in the fridge. Smells terrific in the oven
    right now.

    Michael
    --
    Deathbed statement...

    "Codeine . . . bourbon." ~~Tallulah Bankhead, actress, d. December 12, 1968

    Tags:

  2. "Dog3" <[email protected];not> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I'm having a sausage casserole I made last night and put in the fridge. Smells terrific in the
    > oven right now.
    >
    > Michael
    > --
    > Deathbed statement...
    >
    > "Codeine . . . bourbon." ~~Tallulah Bankhead, actress, d. December 12, 1968

    I'm having an Oatmeal To Go bar (Baked Apple Flavor) and some Frutopia.... hehehehe....really
    exciting... :p

  3. Nancy Young

    Nancy Young Guest

    Carrie-Lou Salter wrote:

    > "Dog3" <[email protected];not> wrote in message

    > > I'm having a sausage casserole I made last night and put in the fridge. Smells terrific in the
    > > oven right now.

    > I'm having an Oatmeal To Go bar (Baked Apple Flavor) and some Frutopia.... hehehehe....really
    > exciting... :p

    Well, it's certainly not the cold leftover chicken and broccoli I had.

    nancy (wishing I was having breakfast with Michael)

  4. In article <[email protected]>, Dog3
    <[email protected];not> wrote:

    > I'm having a sausage casserole I made last night and put in the fridge. Smells terrific in the
    > oven right now.
    >
    > Michael

    It's 11:30 a.m. and we just finished brunch: grapefruit sections, and breakfast burrito-type things
    -- flour torts filled with an uncut strip of bacon and eggs scrambled with onion and green pepper.
    Hot sauce at table, it's home brew from a friend on r.f.preserving. Great stuff! He sent me two
    bottles. This is quite mild; the other one'll put hair on your body wherever you need it.
    --
    -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 3-5-04. Rec.food.cooking's Preserved Fruit Administrator
    (I've got the button to prove it!) "Always in a jam, never in a stew; sometimes in a pickle."

  5. I had ras cake with milk and some dried fruit. Ras cake is not actually a cake, but something more
    like biscotti.

    ~Jafri

  6. John Gaughan

    John Gaughan Guest

  7. Marecat

    Marecat Guest

    On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 14:38:08 -0000, Dog3 <[email protected];not>
    wrote:

    >I'm having a sausage casserole I made last night and put in the fridge. Smells terrific in the oven
    >right now.
    >
    >Michael

    My breakfast was coffee and a banana. 13-month-old daughter's was oatmeal, banana, and breast milk.

    Mary

  8. Nancyjaye

    Nancyjaye Guest

    "Dog3" <[email protected];not> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I'm having a sausage casserole I made last night and put in the fridge. Smells terrific in the
    > oven right now.
    >
    > Michael
    > --
    > Deathbed statement...
    >
    > "Codeine . . . bourbon." ~~Tallulah Bankhead, actress, d. December 12, 1968

    Coffee, first and foremost. :).

    Then a big bowl of noodles and cottage cheese (leftover from 2 nights ago). Hubby had some Mojo
    chicken that I picked up from the Publix Deli and then some left over beef stew which he shared
    with the dog.

    We're going out of town for my niece's Bat Mitzvah and are cleaning out all food stuffs. Looks like
    all meals will be hodge podge for the next week!

    Nancyjaye

  9. Stocksrus®

    Stocksrus® Guest

    Dog3 <[email protected];not> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > I'm having a sausage casserole I made last night and put in the fridge. Smells terrific in the
    > oven right now.
    >
    > Michael

    32 Beers

    --
    StocksRus®

  10. "StocksRus®" <stocksRus®@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Dog3 <[email protected];not> wrote in news:[email protected]:
    >
    > > I'm having a sausage casserole I made last night and put in the fridge. Smells terrific in the
    > > oven right now.
    > >
    > > Michael
    >
    > 32 Beers
    >
    > --
    > StocksRus®

    Now that's a breakfast of champions! :)

  11. Orion

    Orion Guest

    "Dog3" <[email protected];not> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I'm having a sausage casserole I made last night and put in the fridge. Smells terrific in the
    > oven right now.
    >
    > Michael
    > --
    > Deathbed statement...
    >
    > "Codeine . . . bourbon." ~~Tallulah Bankhead, actress, d. December 12, 1968

    An orange, running out the door. Bowl of special K @ work. Morning are tough, always running out the
    door no matter how early I get up. Though I do manage to have oatmeal or toast a few times a month.

    Suzan

  12. Anthony

    Anthony Guest

    "Dog3" <[email protected];not> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I'm having a sausage casserole I made last night and put in the fridge. Smells terrific in the
    > oven right now.

    Smoked salmon and an egg over easy. If I ever become rich I'll have a cook to make me eggs Benedict
    with smoked salmon, but I don't feel like making Hollandaise at 5am!

  13. "MareCat" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > My breakfast was coffee and a banana. 13-month-old daughter's was oatmeal, banana, and
    > breast milk.

    Hey! My 6-month-old had that for lunch! He just had milk for breakfast. The 3-yo and 6-yo had Eggo
    waffles. I had a scrambled-egg-and-cheese sandwich on an English muffin, and water. (Hopefully, lead-
    free water.) Hubby had a Frusion on the way to work.

    Chris

  14. Dog3

    Dog3 Guest

    Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> deliciously posted in
    news:[email protected]:

    > In article <[email protected]>, Dog3 <[email protected];not> wrote:
    >
    >> I'm having a sausage casserole I made last night and put in the fridge. Smells terrific in the
    >> oven right now.
    >>
    >> Michael
    >
    > It's 11:30 a.m. and we just finished brunch: grapefruit sections, and breakfast burrito-type
    > things -- flour torts filled with an uncut strip of bacon and eggs scrambled with onion and green
    > pepper. Hot sauce at table, it's home brew from a friend on r.f.preserving. Great stuff! He sent
    > me two bottles. This is quite mild; the other one'll put hair on your body wherever you need it.

    LOL... All of my body hair, save a few areas, was shaved by hospital staff. It's all growing back
    and thanks to strange medications; I have hair growing places it's never been before. However, I'd
    love a taste of the hot one;)

    Michael
    --
    Deathbed statement...

    "Codeine . . . bourbon." ~~Tallulah Bankhead, actress, d. December 12, 1968

  15. Dog3

    Dog3 Guest

    Nancy Young <[email protected]> deliciously posted in
    news:[email protected]:

    > Carrie-Lou Salter wrote:
    >>
    >> "Dog3" <[email protected];not> wrote in message
    >
    >> > I'm having a sausage casserole I made last night and put in the fridge. Smells terrific in the
    >> > oven right now.
    >
    >> I'm having an Oatmeal To Go bar (Baked Apple Flavor) and some Frutopia.... hehehehe....really
    >> exciting... :p
    >
    > Well, it's certainly not the cold leftover chicken and broccoli I had.
    >
    > nancy (wishing I was having breakfast with Michael)

    I love cold left overs for breakfast sometimes. Especially pizza ;)

    Michael
    --
    Deathbed statement...

    "Codeine . . . bourbon." ~~Tallulah Bankhead, actress, d. December 12, 1968

  16. Miche

    Miche Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    Dog3 <[email protected];not> wrote:

    > I'm having a sausage casserole I made last night and put in the fridge. Smells terrific in the
    > oven right now.

    This morning I had porridge made with full-fat milk, brown sugar and cinnamon.

    Usual weekday breakfasts tend to be scrambled eggs, or corn wafers (think rice cakes, but thinner
    and made of puffed corn) with peanut butter and honey.

    Miche

    --
    If you want to end war and stuff you got to sing loud. -- Arlo Guthrie, "Alice's Restaurant"

  17. Dog3

    Dog3 Guest

    "Anthony" <[email protected]> deliciously posted in
    news:[email protected]:

    > "Dog3" <[email protected];not> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> I'm having a sausage casserole I made last night and put in the fridge. Smells terrific in the
    >> oven right now.
    >>
    > Smoked salmon and an egg over easy. If I ever become rich I'll have a cook to make me eggs
    > Benedict with smoked salmon, but I don't feel like making Hollandaise at 5am!

    Eggs Benedict is something I've not made in a long time. I'm going to the ancestral home on the
    weekend of the 13th and shall request the dish be made for me ;) I get pampered when I go home to
    the parents.

    Michael
    --
    Deathbed statement...

    "Codeine . . . bourbon." ~~Tallulah Bankhead, actress, d. December 12, 1968

  18. Dog3 <[email protected];not> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > I'm having a sausage casserole I made last night and put in the fridge. Smells
    > terrific in the oven right now.
    >
    > Michael

    Sounds good! My breakfast was picked up on the way to work, a Berry-Berry Bagel,
    toasted with lite cream cheese and a large iced coffee. I never cook before work.

    Tomorrow morning will be home-made pecan waffles (not Belgian-style) with whipped
    unsalted butter and grade B amber maple syrup. If I could afford the extra
    calories, there'd also be a plate of bacon.

    Wayne

  19. Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> wrote in news:barbschaller-
    [email protected]:

    > In article <[email protected]>, Dog3
    > <[email protected];not> wrote:
    >
    >> I'm having a sausage casserole I made last night and put in the fridge. Smells
    >> terrific in the oven right now.
    >>
    >> Michael
    >
    > It's 11:30 a.m. and we just finished brunch: grapefruit sections, and breakfast
    > burrito-type things -- flour torts filled with an uncut strip of bacon and eggs
    > scrambled with onion and green pepper. Hot sauce at table, it's home brew from
    > a friend on r.f.preserving. Great stuff! He sent me two bottles. This is quite
    > mild; the other one'll put hair on your body wherever you need it.

    Send me some for my head! <G>

    Wayne

  20. Telmgren

    Telmgren Guest