What's going on???

Mélanie

Guest
OMG.. off the record pls..

I need some help. for the passed 3 weeks the scale has been going up.. but I am not doing anything
out of the ordinary. it shows that i've been gaining.. like close to 10 lbs. but thing is I haven't
changed anything..if nothing i've been exercising much more. I don't know what's going on. this is
getting depressing.

Sorry I had to vent. Since i am not on weight watchers, I think I will try to do some sort of detox.
too much carbs maybe? i've been drinking more milk.. maybe too much? hmm..

any advice?

--
Mélanie
Ottawa, ON Canada

"To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance"
- - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Hi Melanie,

I wish I could help - but I can sympathise :) I, like you, have been excercising more, and eating
less, and gradually, the scales are creeping up. Maybe we're both not eating enough to sustain our
new regimes?
--
krys

UK 157/136.4/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001

"Mélanie" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> OMG.. off the record pls..
>
> I need some help. for the passed 3 weeks the scale has been going up..
but
> I am not doing anything out of the ordinary. it shows that i've been gaining.. like close to 10
> lbs. but thing is I haven't changed
anything..if
> nothing i've been exercising much more. I don't know what's going on.
this
> is getting depressing.
>
> Sorry I had to vent. Since i am not on weight watchers, I think I will
try
> to do some sort of detox. too much carbs maybe? i've been drinking more milk.. maybe too
> much? hmm..
>
> any advice?
>
> --
> Mélanie Ottawa, ON Canada
> 300 / 239 / 175 Total of 61 lbs

On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 06:26:49 -0500, "Mélanie" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>OMG.. off the record pls..
>
>I need some help. for the passed 3 weeks the scale has been going up.. but I am not doing anything
>out of the ordinary. it shows that i've been gaining.. like close to 10 lbs. but thing is I haven't
>changed anything..if nothing i've been exercising much more. I don't know what's going on. this is
>getting depressing.
>
>Sorry I had to vent. Since i am not on weight watchers, I think I will try to do some sort of
>detox. too much carbs maybe? i've been drinking more milk.. maybe too much? hmm..

If you have been losing weight for some time you know that it works. You just have to keep at it.
You can't gain 10 lbs in three weeks without considerable effort in exactly the same way that you
can't lose 10 lbs in three weeks without considerable effort. So it must be water etc.

If you have been exercising a lot more then you will be retaining water in your muscles as part of
the stress of working out more. This will go away quickly. Otherwise you should be looking at what
you eat very closely. Are you measuring correctly? What is your salt intake like? Have you started
eating/drinking anything different.

I doubt that 'detox' is very meaningful, in this context.

You mention that it may be "too much carbs". Should we assume that you are on a low carb diet and
have just started eating carbs again? In that case the extra weight is water that is taken on as you
come out of ketosis.

Ray
--
rmnsuk overall - 273/210/182

Are you drinking enough water? If you are working out a lot your muscles will hold the water and you
will need more water to get your system back on track.

Debbie

"Mélanie" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> OMG.. off the record pls..
>
> I need some help. for the passed 3 weeks the scale has been going up..
but
> I am not doing anything out of the ordinary. it shows that i've been gaining.. like close to 10
> lbs. but thing is I haven't changed
anything..if
> nothing i've been exercising much more. I don't know what's going on.
this
> is getting depressing.
>
> Sorry I had to vent. Since i am not on weight watchers, I think I will
try
> to do some sort of detox. too much carbs maybe? i've been drinking more milk.. maybe too
> much? hmm..
>
> any advice?
>
> --
> Mélanie Ottawa, ON Canada
> 300 / 239 / 175 Total of 61 lbs
>
> "To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance"
> - - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Well I had been in lurk mode because my computer setup was changing, so I don't know what you are
doing, you said not WW? I would think that 10 pounds in 3 weeks was significant. Not all muscle
probably. Something is wrong for sure.

"Mélanie" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> OMG.. off the record pls..
>
> I need some help. for the passed 3 weeks the scale has been going up..
but
> I am not doing anything out of the ordinary. it shows that i've been gaining.. like close to 10
> lbs. but thing is I haven't changed
anything..if
> nothing i've been exercising much more. I don't know what's going on.
this
> is getting depressing.
>
> Sorry I had to vent. Since i am not on weight watchers, I think I will
try
> to do some sort of detox. too much carbs maybe? i've been drinking more milk.. maybe too
> much? hmm..
>
> any advice?
>
> --
> Mélanie Ottawa, ON Canada
> 300 / 239 / 175 Total of 61 lbs
>
> "To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance"
> - - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

There could be another reason.... muscle weighs more than fat.