Whats it called

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Taywood, Jun 26, 2003.

  1. Taywood

    Taywood Guest

    On my old Kona mtb theres a sloping top tube and a circa 3in piece of seat tube into which the
    saddle stem fits. On that seat tube is a 'clip thing' thru which runs the rear brake cable round the
    back of the tube so its centred over the canti.

    Whats the trade name for the clip thing?

    Mine's worn, its not centreing and is held together with Araldite. I need to replace it but cant
    identify the part in online catalogues. Mike

    Tags:

  2. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    Taywood wrote:
    > On my old Kona mtb theres a sloping top tube and a circa 3in piece of seat tube into which the
    > saddle stem fits. On that seat tube is a 'clip thing' thru which runs the rear brake cable round
    > the back of the tube so its centred over the canti.
    >
    > Whats the trade name for the clip thing?

    "Cable guide", I think - but there are lots of different types.

    ~PB

  3. Simonb

    Simonb Guest

    Pete Biggs wrote:
    > Taywood wrote:
    >> On my old Kona mtb theres a sloping top tube and a circa 3in piece of seat tube into which the
    >> saddle stem fits. On that seat tube is a 'clip thing' thru which runs the rear brake cable round
    >> the back of the tube so its centred over the canti.
    >>
    >> Whats the trade name for the clip thing?
    >
    > "Cable guide", I think - but there are lots of different types.
    >
    > ~PB

    Brake hanger.

  4. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    Simonb wrote:

    >>> On my old Kona mtb theres a sloping top tube and a circa 3in piece of seat tube into which the
    >>> saddle stem fits. On that seat tube is a 'clip thing' thru which runs the rear brake cable round
    >>> the back of the tube so its centred over the canti.
    >>>
    >>> Whats the trade name for the clip thing?
    >>
    >> "Cable guide", I think - but there are lots of different types.

    > Brake hanger.

    You're right. That's more like it.

    ~PB

  5. Elyob

    Elyob Guest

    > >> "Cable guide", I think - but there are lots of different types.
    >
    > > Brake hanger.
    >
    > You're right. That's more like it.

    Nah, it's time to get a new bike ... !!

  6. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    [clip thingy which terminates the brake cable over the rear canti yoke]

    > Brake hanger.

    That's what I've alwyas called them.