Whats new with Ullrich?

matagi said:
Nope, his continual repetition of the same thing over and over was becoming a little tedious. When a moderator suggests you pull your head in, the prudent person would pay attention. FF chose not to and clearly paid the price.

Meanwhile, looking forward to hearing what JU will be doing next.

Ha! The truth of the matter is that it was perfectly okay for FF to insult, slam, slander, and bad mouth Armstrong, Landis, Hamilton, Hincapie and any other American rider as much as he liked with no danger whatsoever of being banned. That's obvious! He did it and suffered no consequences!

But when he chose to bad mouth Jan Ullrich (who in my opinion is as surely a user of PED's as any one of them) while all of the European forum members were collectively lining up and puckering up to kiss his ass, he stepped over the line and that's what got him banned again. I'm certain of it. Bash the American dopers all you like, but don't you dare bash our beloved, precious JU (or any other popular European doper)! The bias on this forum is beyond (WAY beyond) ridiculous!

cyclingheroes said:
I will be in Vienna at March 13 and yes... at a press conference after the team presentation Jan's involvement will be outlined.
Thought you would be going! Look forward to photos and presentation.

Also reported in german press - Ulle is going to have some sort of thank you to fans - hope it is a criterium or something like that - I would definaltely go to that.

jhuskey said:
I had enough "Frequent Flyer Mile" to last me along time.

I didn't particularly care for the way he turned so many threads into doping debates either. But the timing of his being banned speaks volumes about the bias and favoritism of this forum in general and the moderators on this forum. FF could say whatever he liked about certain riders with no possibility of consequence. And that's a documented fact at this point! But he opens his mouth (keyboard?) about JU and he's gone. Ridiculous!

And please! I'm not trying to turn this into a America vs. Europe debate. Please don't get me wrong. I was a big fan of Ullrich, he was one of my all time favorite cyclists. I was also a big fan of Armstrong. And Indurain. And LeMond. You get the point. I try to be as objective as I can. Others make no effort to even so much as disguise their bias.

Edit: Think about this... If the "meaningless piece of paper" that was found in Fuentes' lab with JU's name on it had been found five years ago in Ferrari's lab with Armstrong's name on it I can 100%, positively guarantee you that the same people who are saying it's "meaningless" in the case of Ullrich would've had their torches lit, and their mallets and spikes out, ready to hunt down Armstrong and crucify him as a doper. They may deny it but you know it's true! Again... Ridiculous!

I had no problem with FF expressing his views.
But every single thread in the GT section was being populated with the same messages from FF throughout.

I have nothing against his views - I only wish he restricted his views to a few threads in the GT section instead of deliberately putting them in to every single thread in the GT section.

limerickman said:
I had no problem with FF expressing his views.
But every single thread in the GT section was being populated with the same messages from FF throughout.

I have nothing against his views - I only wish he restricted his views to a few threads in the GT section instead of deliberately putting them in to every single thread in the GT section.

And Limerickman... I cannot argue with that! I was tried of every single thread being turned into a raging doping debate too! And I told FF that many times.

Hopefully the mood around here will lighten up a little and we can start talking about racing again now that the season has begun. I'm as guilty as anyone. I'm going to try to stay off the doping topic.

Sadly your lack of understanding of the English language has allowed you to look like an idiot that cannot explain what you mean, when a person asks a question it is normal not to attach them …but to just answer them …once again what are you talking about.

Tim Lamkin said:
Sadly your lack of understanding of the English langue has allowed you to look like an idiot that cannot explain what you mean, when a person asks a question it is normal not to attach them …but to just answer them …once again what are you talking about.
Were you criticising your own use of the English language? :p

Tim Lamkin said:
woops fast fingers :D

Don't sweat it! I neither speak or write English,only Hillbilly, so I can't be corrected except by someone that is a scholar in Hillbilly which is an Oxymoron.

Der Kranz said:
this is the Ulle thread, right? just checking.

Good point! Let's start a pool where we each attempt to pick the date that Ulle will hit the 250 pound (~113 kilos) mark now that he's retired. Whoever is closest to the actual date, wins. Okay... What's the date going to be next Wednesday?

meehs said:
Good point! Let's start a pool where we each attempt to pick the date that Ulle will hit the 250 pound (~113 kilos) mark now that he's retired. Whoever is closest to the actual date, wins. Okay... What's the date going to be next Wednesday?

Seriously, he will be training with the team and a certain person named Sara keeps his butt whipped into shape these days.
He is only retired from racing for now,not retired from life.

jhuskey said:
Seriously, he will be training with the team and a certain person named Sara keeps his butt whipped into shape these days.
He is only retired from racing for now,not retired from life.
His gut is the result of shooting too much HGH. I predict he'll lose weight now that he's retired.

This is a doping thread, right?

I am sure he retired for now so he can get on with his life without being front page news in germany very day. But even today they are writing about new evidence from Swiss raid - just let him be and let the so called legal system in Spain take its course - we should have bets on when that gets a result not Ulle's weight gain - I am going for 27th September 2011.

Also hope you have all sponsored him for his charity ride in SA - Greg Lemond also riding.