What's on your cycling bucket list? Bike rides to do before you die.

Hehe I misread the thread title and thought you said bikes to ride before you die.

Nice list, although II really enjoy riding bicycles I'd go for: No6 – Riding in a team car in the Tour de France

Nice blog all around.

Region of Italy is bicycling heaven. The cuisine—including the wine—can’t be beat anywhere in the world, and the lightly traveled roads offer every option a cyclist could want: rollers, speedy flats, famous climbs, tree-shaded lanes, farm paths, traditional training routes with bike-friendly populations, epicurean meanders and anything else you can imagine. You can’t go wrong, but you’ll go most right in Volterra and Siena, and on the incredible Isle of Elba.

Best Time to go: Late spring and early fall are optimal. Serious hedonists might want to observe the grape and olive harvests in late September through early October.

It’s Most Fun If You’re This Fit: Novice to pro will find the rides they desire.
Get there With: Andy Hampsten, the first and still the only American to win the Giro d’Italia, lives in Tuscany and shares its pleasures with guests on Cinghiale Cycling Tours’ Chianti to Castagneto, $3,850

col d'izoard, passo dello stelvio, blue ridge parkway in north carolina, etc.

I would also like to do Italy by bichecletta. I will need to train more to get my cycling while drinking vino skills enhanced.

The Pyrenees coast to coast, the Haute Route, and the Taroko Gorge through Taroko Nat'l Park, in Taiwan.

I mentioned this in an earlier post. I feel like I am ticking a few off my bucket list.

Last year I did the French Alpes & Provence. Some of the climbs were Croix de Fer, Glandon, Madeleine, Galibier from both sides, L'Iseran, Alpe d'Huez & Mont Ventoux from all three sides.

I have booked my air ticket for next August to Milan. From there I am going to Corvara to do the Dolomite climbs such as Gardena, Sella, Pordoi, Campolongo, Erbe, Giau & Valparola. These will be just a warm up for things to come.

We will then drive to Bormio to the legendary climbs in the Ortler Alps. A few I plan to climb is Stelvio from all three sides, the beautiful yet brutal Mortirolo, Gavia and Foscagno.

I'm busting. Just writing about it gets me excited.

I have a standing invitation to go to Switzerland and ride with some notables that have raced in the past.

Originally Posted by jhuskey
I have a standing invitation to go to Switzerland and ride with some notables that have raced in the past.
We better be hearing about this trip soon. Riiiiicola.

Tough to get away these days. The best I have managed in the past two years is a two day trip.

The only one I may be willing to die for is this one.

0.jpg

I want to ride in the Rockies some more. Colorado is spectacular. I want to do a summer in Europe again without 40 pounds of touring gear. I want to do The Dirty Dozen in Pittsburg. I want to do a lap of Okinawa. I want to ride the Pacific Coast Highway.

More than the cycling, I want to learn and run Isle of Man Tourist Trophy on a 600.

0.jpg

Originally Posted by Scott2468
I mentioned this in an earlier post. I feel like I am ticking a few off my bucket list.

Last year I did the French Alpes & Provence. Some of the climbs were Croix de Fer, Glandon, Madeleine, Galibier from both sides, L'Iseran, Alpe d'Huez & Mont Ventoux from all three sides.

I have booked my air ticket for next August to Milan. From there I am going to Corvara to do the Dolomite climbs such as Gardena, Sella, Pordoi, Campolongo, Erbe, Giau & Valparola. These will be just a warm up for things to come.

We will then drive to Bormio to the legendary climbs in the Ortler Alps. A few I plan to climb is Stelvio from all three sides, the beautiful yet brutal Mortirolo, Gavia and Foscagno.

I'm busting. Just writing about it gets me excited.
Only three weeks to go. I am busting.

Here is my local Stelvio mock up training ride. 10 times, 205 m, 2.6 km.

It is the 1st video I took using my new $68, fully imported, Mobius camera. Don’t ask me why but the 1st 2-1/2 minutes are black. Go past this and it will start.

The 1st hill repeat of Crosslands Reserve had the camera on the handlebars. The 2nd hill repeat is from the rear. I am really happy with this. It should give great footage of everyone puffing up the hills and blowing down em.

The quality is LOTS better in “real life”. Resolution is obviously way down for Youtube. It has been downsized 400 times from mov format to flv. I am sure you will be bored by this and just skim through. The end shows the mounts and the camera.

http://youtu.be/1OMXVR8NHSc

A simple thing, to ride across the USA on my bicycle. But I have two stumbling blocks, my wife mainly who doesn't like the idea whatsoever of me leaving her for 8 months plus or minus a month; and two whether or not my back that was screwed up in an accident with a drunk driver 3 years ago will like lying on the ground, hopefully as more time goes by that will resolve itself or have the rods removed might help it more.

I would like to bike on a snowy trail with my family and friends. We would put our jackets, gloves and muffs on and traverse some snowy mountain together. Another is to bike in those places in New Zealand where the Lord of the Rings was shot. I find very peaceful and relaxing and I would really like to go and bike there someday.

Thats a great list to be honest with you. I just wish I had the time to even do one of those.